Rick Perry vs. Ron Paul on the media - explain why Rick perry is more popular?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by peoplevsmedia, Sep 3, 2011.

1. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

Rick Perry thinks fed is "almost" treasonous.... Ron Paul thinks it IS treasonous. When I take into consideration the fact that previous 2 presidents almost promised us peace and prosperity, ALMOST.... but things happened....special interests chewed their ears off and they both went on as previous administrations did.
    Can you explain to me why according to the media a candidate who thinks fed is ALMOST treasonous is the winner rather then a candidate thinks it IS treasonous?

I myself know why, do you? here is why:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nOIusbDwI"]Jerry Day on Ron Paul and the Media - YouTube[/ame]

2. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous Well-Known Member

The mainstream media is dominated by the Council on Foreign Relations. Ron Paul is a threat to that establishment, so they are doing everything in their power to engineer public opinion in favor of other dead end pro-CFR Republican candidates, and to ignore Ron Paul. It's a good thing that only old people rely on the idiot box for their news anymore, because the younger generations are relying on the internet to get their news, which is totally unfiltered. Unfortunately the government wants to regulate the internet too, and I suspect that will happen. The days of totally unregulated and free internet will be long gone.

3. P. Lotor

P. Lotor Banned Past Donor

my take on what Perry really meant.

while Rick Perry's statement about the FED being almost treasonous sounds like he is bandwagoning on Ron Paul's long held anti FED position, he is actually saying something quite different IMO. Perry said that if the FED were to print more money between now and the next election it would be almost treasonous. why would Perry specify that time frame? anyone who is anti FED would agree that printing money at any time is a bad idea and some would even call it outright theft. but what Perry is really saying is that were the FED to print money before the next election it would be the FED expressing a preference for candidate Obama, and that the FED siding with a certain candidate would be almost treasonous. For Perry to believe this he must believe that monetary stimulus, easy money, printing money will help the economy, and therefore help Obama's biggest weakness in the next election. this would make Perry's position on the FED the exact opposite of Ron Paul's, while allowing him to bandwagon on the growing anti FED sentiment.

while Perry's statement alone is not enough to be sure of this conclusion, based on Perry's statist record it is the conclusion I draw. this makes him even more detestable because not only is he a statist, he tries to mislead people about it to pander to the small government movement.

4. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

100% true. many businesses are already complaining that their related to keyword sites are not showing up or are being obscured by non related sites, google is a new media and they are finding ways to control that. Sad.

5. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

100% true as well

6. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

They all know that it is blatantly obvious that the corporate/state media is trying to hoodwink them all once again into voting for an establishment crony, who will undoubtedly continue to lead them down this path of dependence and inflationary redistribution of wealth to the top tiers.

Therefore, no comments from the left/right pseudo-paradigm posters. Really, at this point we need "left" wingers who have seen the light to be allowed to vote in republican primaries.

7. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Saying the Fed is 'almost treasonous' is a preview of Rick Perry's leaving himself wiggle room to do the opposite of what he says. You can't trust a person like this. And that's why the MSM likes him. Perry is enough of a tub-thumper to get the support of many Conservatives and, with MSM support, get the nomination. If he wins the election, the powers that be can be assured that nothing will fundamentally change.

8. Guest2

Guest2 Banned

I've noticed this too. They keep repeating "OMG Perry wants to abolish the income tax!" when Paul has been saying these exact same things for years.