Obama Team Creates Site For Online Petitions

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Obama Team Creates Site For Online Petitions

By David Jackson | USA TODAY | Sep 01, 2011

“The White House is producing a new website tool to help President Obama's supporters pressure lawmakers into backing administration policies.

Or, as the narrator of a White House video put it, the webpage "We The People" is "a new way to petition your government to take action on a range of important issues."

In a statement, Obama said the new page, available on the White House website, is part of his pledge "to make government more open and accountable to its citizens."

"That's what the new 'We the People' feature on WhiteHouse.gov is all about," Obama said. "Giving Americans a direct line to the White House on the issues and concerns that matter most to them."

In an e-mail to White House website users, senior adviser David Plouffe wrote: 'We're about to change the way Americans engage with President Obama and his Administration by launching a new way for you to join with fellow Americans to petition the federal government on a range of issues.

It's called We the People and you can learn more about it, and sign up to be the first to know when it's live here.

President Obama believes that government should be open and accountable to its citizens, and that's the goal of We the People. This online platform gives Americans a direct line to the White House on the issues and concerns that matter most to them.

Soon, anyone will be able to create or sign a petition at WhiteHouse.gov seeking action from the federal government on a range of issues. If a petition gathers enough signatures, the White House staff will review it, make sure it gets to Obama Administration policy experts, and issue an official response. President Obama will even answer a few himself.

While this is a big change for the White House's website, the idea is actually written into our founding documents. Throughout our history, Americans have used petitions to organize around issues they care about. We the People gives you a new way to join together with others to ask your government to address a problem, change a policy, or take action on a range of issues.

We the People will be launching very soon so start thinking about the issues that matter to you and the people you'll ask to join you.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.' ”
    http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ama-team-creates-site-for-online-petitions-/1

……..

It appears that President Obama wants to make sure he is aware of the masses’ concerns and that he is on top of the temperature of the American people. If he doesn’t know it in three years, either he is hopelessly out of touch with reality, or he has some very poor advisers.

On the other hand, it has the definite capacity of becoming the HUGEST LOBBY to have the power to change the Presidency, and Congress.

It is a good starting place if he has never examined the various petitions being sent to the White House and Congress daily, and is not aware of the vast concern of the American populace to acquire even a low-paying job. Even the First Lady has stated that “America is the richest country in the world.” If that is true, why are there so many unemployed people in America?

Never has there been such a wide financial division between the wealthy and the poor. Of course it was the poor that lost their jobs, never received any notable “Bush Tax Cuts”, nor had enough money left over to buy stock, or stash it in offshore banks. Neither have the Bush Tax Cuts created new jobs, as the republicans like to imagine, but only more stocks for the rich using taxpayer’s hard work and money, and President Obama has continued the controversial Bush Tax Cuts without approval of the citizenry.

Unless President Obama will be sure to see what people write and petition for, and do some ballzy constructive work to remedy the wrongs being committed against the average American worker, we will have another four years of the same corporate stifling of jobs, moving overseas, and more and more radical screaming groups in search of simple justice in a dying Democracy.

2. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

is him resigning on any of those petitions?

3. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

This is great stuff. Maybe we can kick out some of these lame congress duds and special interest appointments to the finance committee and other key corporate insiders.

4. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Why didn't you republicans ask GW Bush to resign?

5. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

If you sign a pettion and have proof of 'lame dudding' and 'special interest' groups...of course that would mean that all republicans/T-baggers would have to leave.....

6. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

If they put that one up... I'll sign.

7. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Just like the republicans/T-baggers,,,they all think they must be included in everything.

A thorough reading of my aritcle should show you that the site is for Obama supporters, and you must sign up before participating. That lets you out on so many ways.....

8. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Last I checked he is supposed to represent all Americans.

Since his supporters only stand at 40% you are fine with him ignoring over half the country.... But he already does that, good to see nothing has changed.

I don't understand why America still has not woken up, we are in this boat together and ignoring good ideas on either side is stupid as hell.

I think the online petitions are a great idea as long as its not just for "supporters" as all they are gonna say is give me more free stuff that you took away from that evil rich person...

9. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

"We the People" want Ubama out of office.

10. tomfoo13ry

tomfoo13ry Well-Known Member Past Donor

We've gone from the people petitioning the government to the government petitioning itself. Bizarre.

11. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

"Obama supporters".... well that list is just shrinking daily. Soon it will include only those in real need of mental help.

12. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

That site is being hit pretty hard with polite requests that Barry go away. Resign, be impeached or whatever.

I don't think I will register on that site to be arrested by Barry DEA, FBI, ATF, EPA, DOD, etc.

So it's fine for the homosexuals to demand that they be heard but let's not listen to the conservative TEA Party People??

13. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Don't you mean "We the Peple" members of the T-bagger white-supremacist cult the first black president out of office....hey; say hello to another four years of President Obama......:-D

14. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

no i thinking as "we the people who dont give a (*)(*)(*)(*) if he is white,yellow,black or orange want that piece of crap vacationer out of office" .

and by your words you simply state just because he is black it is racist to say such things eventhough he has dont a complete (*)(*)(*)(*) job and only made our country 3 times as worse as when Bush left office.

who is racist again?

15. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

I know that is the T-bagger mantra, the Karl Rove, Fox News agenda...but what is YOUR point?

16. Black Monarch

Black Monarch New Member

We were afraid of a Cheney Presidency.

17. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well if you read what I was responding to instead of posting the normal deflectionist crap maybe you understand my point.

We need to stop with this my group is better than yours as it is dragging this country down.

In case you still missed it my point was the President of the United States of America should be doing what is best for the poeple. I also think the petition system is a GREAT idea and I applaud the Obama white house for the idea, I just hope they actually listen to what the people are saying, which I don't hold much hope for but I pray I am incorrect.

And BTW I do read fox news, as well as CNN, msnbc, bbc, Washington post, ny times, politico, Reuters and a whole host of fourms and independent political publications. I hope you do as well but I'm sure with the comment about the "tea-baggers" and fox news agenda you stick to publications that fit your viewpoints... Shame...