Federal Election Commission Ruling Now Allows For Foreigners To Run For President

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Newscaster, Sep 5, 2011.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. Newscaster

Newscaster Banned

The ruling was issued for a man named Abdul Hassan from Guyana who challenged the FEC so he could run as well as raise funding for a presidential campaign to be Commander In Chief of the United States. I clearly think this is a wrong move by the FEC and a step in the wrong direction. What I want to know is your take on this incident involving Abdul Hassan, a foreigner who is now allowed to run and raise money for president.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/fec_al...gn_for_foreign_born_man-208435-1.html?pos=hln

The Federal Election Commission ruled Friday that a Guyana-born American citizen could file papers and raise money to run for president of the United States.

The FEC’s unanimous vote allows Hassan — who born in the South American country in 1974 — to be a candidate, solicit funds and requires him to file disclosure reports for a presidential bid. However, the agency’s decision stopped short of addressing the constitutional issue of whether someone born outside the United States can be president.

The FEC’s decision to allow Hassan to go through the initial steps to run for president took place outside of its normal publicly attended open meetings and instead was approved by a tally vote as commissioners tried to reach a consensus.

One of the final sections added to approved opinion states: “Notwithstanding this conclusion, the Commission expresses no opinion on Mr. Hassan’s potential liability arising out of his proposed activities under any other Federal or State law, including any laws concerning fraudulent misrepresentation.

2. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

I guess my question is, why would he run?

He can collect money, but when it's time, he won't be on the ballot. So why does he care about running?

3. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

According to the Constitution,what the FEC is doing is ILLEGAL.No,he CANNOT run for President.The FEC hasnt the authority to approve this.

4. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Right, and let's just answer this arguement right now:

This does not mean that he can go and say ‘look the FEC has said that I am a candidate, give me money, I’m official,’” said Republican Commissioner Donald McGahn. “That is not what we do here; we don’t certify you as a candidate. That’s what the states do.”

That was from the OP's articale.

5. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

The FBI would go after him for fraud if he raised money under false pretences that he could actually be elected and serve.

6. mikezila

mikezila New Member

why not? we already elected a foreigner...maybe twice.

7. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Actually, the FEC knows it blew it when it failed to check Obama's credentials. They're not going to admit any responsibility for their failure, thus this ruling.

8. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

And the birthers...

Where's Wong Kim Ark when you need him?

9. Animal

Animal New Member

I guess maybe this means that Arnold Schwarzenegger can run for "Presidentator" now.

10. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

It makes me wonder who at the FEC thinks this guy is entitled to raise money to run for president...and run for president?

11. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

We already have one illegal immigrant in office,we dont need another one.:mrgreen:

12. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

We answered this question already. Post 4.

13. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Yeah....

10 char.

14. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Active Member

Same reason Trump decided to run for president..............a large ego that saw a way to raise cash. Too bad his plan backfired on him when he actually became the presumptive nominee.

15. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well we know with a name like that every liberal would be voting for him.

16. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

They're saying that under the law and the Constitution he can but he can't hold the office. A quirk in the law.

There is no national election Roentgen President, there are 50 individual state elections and each stats decides who gets on their ballots and the qualifications to do so.

17. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

2008 -- Déjà vu! :roll: .The Obama "experience" taught us that being a natural-born citizen in the United States doesn't matter any more. Anybody can run for anything... that's why, albeit with tongue-in-cheek, I'm hoping that Vladimir Putin will throw his hat in the ring in 2016. What the hell! He'd do a better job than anybody running, mostly because he's at least ten times smarter than anybody else running...! :woot:

18. ChristopherABrown

ChristopherABrown Well-Known Member

Yes, another federal office violating the constitution. No wonder election fraud is rampant in the nation.

Another instance of a problem
    cured by preparatory amendment to an Article V convention.

The first step is having the courage to use your exclusive right to the 9th amendment and define constitutional intent.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/566/244/796/declarator/

19. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

This is a thread from five years ago. Why?

20. ABikerSailor

Hunh? I wasn't even here 5 years ago. I just joined in June of this year.

21. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Why did you decide to post on a thread from 5 years ago?

22. ChristopherABrown

ChristopherABrown Well-Known Member

Clearly, it is a more valid issue than 90% of the threads started by covert agents here filling the first few pages with sensational, controversial nonsense trying to displace or prevent legitimate discussion.

23. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Makes sense, unless of course the person posting was another covert agent as well.

24. ABikerSailor

Probably because it was near the top of the threads on the first page, as well as was something that sounded interesting to read about and possibly chip in my 2 cents. I don't check when the thread was started, I just check if the title sounds interesting, and if it's on the first page of the threads, I figure that it's got to be fairly recent, or at least, that someone OTHER THAN ME resurrected it for some reason.

If that's a forum no no, forgive me, I didn't know. Next time I'll check the thread dates as well if that's what I've got to do.

Or are you just venting your spleen on a newbie?

25. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

A new poster deciding to post on a thread from 5 years ago and brings up something completely irrelevnant to the OP? Concidence. Fairly common. Decides to quote another poster? Weird. Of all the things you could have done why did you quote me? That's not the symptom of a new poster, that's more like the symptom of a paid poster.