So liberals want 300 billion dollars:Justify it

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by SiliconMagician, Sep 7, 2011.

1. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Seriously.

300 billion dollars for "jobs program" whatever that is.

Let me ask you this. 800 billion in the last stimulus "wasn't enough" yet we know for a FACT that most of the money went to bull (*)(*)(*)(*) personal pet projects of liberal congressmen, went to unions, went to state bureaucracies to shore up pension funds in state and local jurisdictions.. in short it went to saving DEMOCRAT CONSTITUENT JOBS AND NO ONE ELSE.

Now, is this "jobs program" going to be another boondoggle to unions, bureaucrats, and others or is it going to be open for ALL American regardless of political persuasion and/or union membership?

I want to know.. will the companies that hire people to rebuild the bridges and roads that are supposedly failing all over the nation, be able to hire ANYONE, regardless of union status?

Will the money go to REAL INFRASTRUCTURE and not "green" infrastructure like Solyndra and the Seattle "green" initiative that split 20 million dollars between 14 people?

I want to know what liberals plan on doing to ensure that all the funds of this "jobs program" are spent in the most cost effective way possible, and are they going to fairly criticize Obama, his administration and those who administer this new 300 billion dollar boondoggle if(when) it fails?

I have ZERO faith that the Obama administration is capable of doing anything other than "rewarding" friends and "punishing" enemies. I want to see REPUBLICANS get jobs. I want to see REPUBLICAN CONSTITUENTS SEE SOME STIMULUS MONEY.

I want to see REPUBLICAN BUSINESS OWNERS get the SAME SUPPORT that Solyndra got, and I want liberals to guarantee it.

2. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

Roads and Bridges baby...roads and bridges. If we're gonna have 'shovel ready' jobs, we gotta get some shovels (made in China). We need cement (made in India). We need steel (made in Japan). We need a labor force (made in Mexico). So we need money (made at the Federal Reserve) to get this country back on track (as soon as we pay off China, India, Japan, Mexico and the Fed).

3. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Well, that's not exactly my point. My point is, I want to see liberals explain to me that they believe that Republican business owners, republican constituents and non-union members can get some of these new funds..

4. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Cmon, theres African Dicks that need washing...we didn't get them all last time. Also, the jury is still out on just why Gay men like to have sex after drinking...I don't think we reached a conclusion on that groundbreaking research with the last stimulus.

Those and many other important unfinished, causes need to be finished!

5. jmpet

jmpet New Member

$300 billion? Make it $600 billion or $900 billion... they're just numbers on paper.

What I DO want is an oversight committee that watches where every penny goes and publically reports it.

You can have all the money you want- heck- it costs 6 cents to print a $100 bill- BUT I WANT THE RECIEPTS.

I think Obama is up to that challenge, I wonder if Bush II's "we can't keep track of where every billion goes" could.

6. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

Oh...sorry, My mind just didn't wrap itself around the possibility of any non-liberal and/or republican benefitting in any way from the 300 billion "stimulus" funds. I just assumed it was a given that those funds were intended to, once again, pay back Obama's backers of the upcoming election.

Caroljo and (deleted member) like this.
  7. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Didn't we already have one? I thought Joe Biden was going to be overseeing the last one, because noone messes with Joe?

Or am I getting my Obama assurances twisted?

8. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

LMAO..

He's made so many promises he's had to walk back on, or justify the excuses of failure for, that I can't even keep track of him anymore.

He's left, he's right, he's center.. hell even his own base is starting to talk Primary.. crazy stuff.

He really is the classic politician that will tell whatever crowd he's in at the time whatever they want to hear and honestly, I don't think he likes being President of the USA but he's rather stuck now. I know Michelle hates it.

9. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

I assumed that they would. If all of the money goes to democrats, that would be a pretty ridiculous conflict of interest, wouldn't it?

10. akphidelt

akphidelt Banned

Mathematically assert your position that the $800 billion stimulus was too much.

Otherwise, stop talking!

11. Daybreaker

What is your source on this FACT?

12. Lowden Clear

Lowden Clear Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama will try to justify it in his big speech, but even liberals are beginning to see how lame he is.

Obama needs to keep doing what he has recently done . . .

Obama knows in his gut that he's been ruining jobs and his latest reigning in of the EPA shows that he is getting it. He needs to act more like a Republican. I know, he'd need a brain installed in that empty chamber before there is hope of that.

13. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

3ooB is what it costs every year to provide free health care to the illegals and free school for their kids. Hang all illegals.

14. Montoya

Montoya Banned

This is a good start, but every economist agrees that more needs to spent. Upwards of 6-800 billion. But a good start for America getting back on track and away from corporate handouts.

15. akphidelt

akphidelt Banned

Definitely!! $300 billion is nothing but a band-aid for our economy and will likely lower unemployment under 9% which is probably all Obama can ask for at this time.

I don't think anything over $300 billion would have a chance of getting passed in this political climate.

16. XLR8TR

XLR8TR New Member

Thats only if you are listening to liberal economists...no surprise.

Maybe the stimulus would help if it didn't go into stupid programs...that don't even involve the american economy.

17. akphidelt

akphidelt Banned

Or Jon Huntsman, or Reagan and Bush's top economic adviser. I swear Reagan was a liberal though!! Took Keynesian economics to the extreme!

18. Daybreaker

Does anyone actually know where all the money went?

19. speedingtime

speedingtime Banned at Members Request

20. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

47% (the bulk of the money) went for tax breaks and credits. (speedingtime's link provides a good list of these "credits".

34% of the money went to the "Making Work Pay" program where every worker received a $400 tax break on last years filing.

13% went for Tax incentives for businesses.

1% was used to pay C.O.B.R.A. for unemployed workers.

AND less then 1% was use in the one area that would actually help the economy.... Infrastructure.

http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

Some people will be happy to know that $60 million was used to build a Climate Research Facility in Northern Alaska. Because of the construction of that facility, all 10 people that live there have jobs.

21. frodo

frodo New Member

Just so you know why the original stimulus was inadequate, and why the stimuls Obama asks for on Thursday will be inadeqaute as well, not that he will get the money from Congress anyway.:

[​IMG]

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/on-the-inadequacy-of-the-stimulus/

22. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

This is the only chance this Boob has left to be elected again,,,you better believe it's going all to favors, what else can he do?? Obama is yesterdays dish water and he knows it, but if he can scrape up the money to buy himself back in,,he will. He is the same man he was at the start,,,remember that!

They better not give him a dime....

23. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

If I may ask...300 Billion of who's money?

24. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

And that would matter?, what do you think he will do?, give it to those that wont vote for him?, he has not got a dogs chance in hell of turning this thing around, and everybody knows it.
    His only chance is to buy and secure votes...He needs them all to be there for him, to stand any chance at all at re-election. This man is nothing more than a slick politician, I would think most are aware of that by now...

Thunderlips and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

He has to fund new promises somehow.
    If his voter base sees that he has money to throw around, they will start dreaming of paid mortgages and gas in the tank once again.