Your Opinion of the POTUS' Address to Congress and the Nation

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Trinnity, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Did you expect something NEW and Different?

1. Yes

8.7%
  2. No

82.6%
  3. His proposals will spur a recovery

8.7%
  4. His proposals will not spur a recovery

39.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

Now that the POTUS' speech has aired, I want to ask you this simple question:

Did ANY of you expect Mr. Obama to come up with anything other than the same ole BS and a big spending package?

***This is a multiple choice poll.*** You can vote for 2 choices.

2. Irishman

Irishman Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama's speeches are always filled with a lot of words... most of which come from an empty suit. Campaigning to save his job is all that man did last night.

I have one thing to say to President Obama:

[​IMG]

pjohns and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

He made some great points, esp when it comes to outsourcing.
    The questions that came to my mind though was how. If he doesn't come up with a surefire plan as to how we can bring all these great ideas to fruition, they will be nothing but pipe dreams.

4. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Of course I didn't expect anything more than regurgitated Keynesian BS, and cries for 'bipartisanship" from this disgusting fraud.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  5. birddog

birddog New Member

+1 SOS! What an arrogant ass Obama is!

6. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

I liked his speech for the most part.
    Forceful...non apologetic..get the job done..balls to the walls..

We needed that on jobs from day 1 not during a re election bid.

The devil is in the details.
    He included republican ideas..so it is not just his proposal.
    paying for it with tax hikes to the rich is...

Republicans will have a say..maybe the voters will demand accountability before the next election..but what LEVERAGE does the voter have now ?

The next election is that power.

7. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

The POTUS' new jobs proposal:

It's not paid for !!! He stood there and LIED when he said it was.

447 Billion dollars !!!

He said, and I quote: "And everything in this deal will be paid for. Everything."

*quotes aired on FOX news this morning and are typed verbatim; and the President's from his speech*

If you still believe that social security is "fully funded" you're a fool.
    If this doesn't PROVE to you that social security is constantly spent of other things, you will never get it.

Social security is a pay as you go, HUGE, unfunded entitlement and liability that's bankrupting America.

What will become of this "jobs" package? What does it mean to you?

8. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

"Stimulas 3.0" has been in developement sence the reliese of "Stimulas 2". This long awaited give away will spread the wealth around, like "Stimulas 2" but "Stimulas 3.0" will do it with three times more hope per dollar.

9. Perriquine

Perriquine On hiatus Past Donor

I listened to only a small portion of the speech, on the radio as I was driving. I expected nothing new, and regardless of whether there was anything new, I don't expect his proposals to go anywhere with the kind of entrenched partisanship that exists in Congress today.

We are basically in a severe case of political gridlock until the next presidential election is completed in November 2012. Moreover, presidents don't create jobs - businesses do. It appears that many business leaders are content to wait until after that election on decisions about expansion/job creation. Apparently there is little fear among them of losing any competitive edge by holding off.

So I see little reason to be hopeful that Obama is capable of making a difference. It's a bit late for him to rouse and suddenly become a leader that inspires Congress to bipartisan action. Moreover, I'm inclined to look at the things he says and does now as mere posturing for his reelection campaign.

So the answers are 'no', and 'no'.

10. pjohns

pjohns Well-Known Member

You're exactly right!

He essentially proposed a new stimulus package--just without his using that specific (toxic!) word to describe it--in the full knowledge that such a plan will never pass congressional muster.

Basically, this just teed up his re-election bid against a "Do Nothing Congress," a la Harry Truman...

Irishman and (deleted member) like this.
  11. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

You guys are taking the question out out context..
    It was about the speech.

Which means style..topics..delivery.
    If you think he failed in those areas..

He was on topic..on point..and he delivered what the majority wanted to hear.
    Maybe not in substance..but in words.

Image is everything to some..
    Now those evil people say no to extending unemployment benefits ?
    Benefits to those returning troops ?

"people are hurting..pass this bill.."

The left and unions ate this pooperganda up ..it was all about stopping the direct democratic primary challenge by Hillary.

The only chance democrats have.

12. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

Pass what bill? This is typical Obama, all rhetoric and no substance. It didn't work with the Stimulus, it didn't work with Obamacare, why would we give this idiot $450 billion more dollars?

13. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

Whoever programs his teleprompter probably used the 2009 stimulus speech.I was shocked that Biden stayed awake.
    My opinion?He blew it,he blew it BIG TIME.He had a chance to do it right,but by passing another stimulus is admittance that his previous attempts have FAILED.The next time he will be making a speech will be the SOTU in January.By then,the GOP Primaries will be in full swing.Its going take atleast 2 years to set up an Infrastructure Bank,everything he is proposing will have no effect on our economy,this was nothing more than a glorified campaign speech to save his OWN job.He did nothing but waste Congress's time.According to a recent NBC poll,Many have already gave up on him in the long term.
    14 months,the clock is ticking.Its too little and too late.

14. Slyhunter

Slyhunter New Member Past Donor

Liberals easily come up with wish lists of should be's and could be's. It takes a Conservative to stick to what is realistically possible and include the "how".

15. Mad Conservative

Mad Conservative New Member

Exactly. The old saying: Leftists say "I feel..." while Conservatives say "I think..."

16. Cal

Cal Banned

I didn't expect anything, I went in thinking it would be the same old song and dance from Obama, I wasn't disappointed. Just another speech lacking affirmative action.

17. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

18. Justin Valuable

Justin Valuable New Member

If Americans knew Obama's true objective I'd say he's doing a fantastic job.

19. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

What we have here is a failure to communicate. The look of content on all those conservatives faces explained everything. You and I know (from the poll results of this thread), that the conservatives will shoot down anything proposed for changing the direction of the USA. And the USA will not change. That is the conservative way. Republicans believe government should not do anything untill told by those who pay them. It's just those who pay more will get more done. But the fact is clear, conservatives have no solutions to any of the issues the USA faces, that is why they oppose anything. Liberals on the other hand are weak, and have no balls to stand up to the extortion of Unions and the Medical industry. They too do like conservatives and obey the highest payer.

Also, the Obama plan for stimulating the economy is a fail. It will just create more debt, less government revenue, and shift the burden of the Debt to the individual States.

This is very dissapointing as the USA is in Crisis mode. It is an emergency.

The USA needs to look at expansion abroad (and not with the military), and start to build better relations with Mexico, South America and Canada, to broaden the Capital Market, and expand US interest in the countries closest to the USA. If the USA waits any longer, the other emerging countries will have won the "Market Race". You heard of the arms race, well this is the same thing but with trade markets and capitalization.