The official September 11th, 2011 thread.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jedimiller, Sep 11, 2011.

1. jedimiller

jedimiller Well-Known Member

We can all agree that there are already too many 911 threads..(it's only 6am here). So, I'm starting this thread so you can all have the discussion here.

And remember...Moment of silence today at 8:46 am.

[​IMG]
    May God bless you!

2. jedimiller

3. jedimiller

well, still sitting here, looking at the media...they are sure taking this to the next level. 911 is now all over the radio, net and tv media.

4. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

I have no prob seeing 9/11 everywhere. It's a good reminder of the danger we face. People forget to easy.

5. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

I totally I find disturbing that you look at the horror of that day, and with all the technology and everything we can learn from this, our borders are still wide open.

If we are ever attacked again from someone who came across the border, blood will be on the hands of our government, both democrats and republicans.

6. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Banned

I believe building walls around America is a step towards becoming the USSR-2 I think we have as much to fear from nut-jobbers that are already here then imported nut-jobbers from BFE

7. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

no one said anything about building walls, however its foolish to believe that no terrorists are coming in through our borders.

8. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

I did not want to start another 9/11 thread so I hope it is okay to put it here , I think these ladies are great . the perseverance and dedication they have shown and the selflessness that many in the new generations have never known , The Freeport Flag Ladies !!

High-profile flag-wavers join Freeport flag ladies

FREEPORT — The Freeport Flag Ladies who've waved the Stars and Stripes every week since the 9/11 attacks received some help in observing the 10th anniversary.
    Maine Gov. Paul LePage and the state's entire congressional delegation today joined more than 200 people in lining Main Street in Freeport. The group paused twice for moments of silence at the times that hijacked jetliners flew into the World Trade Center's twin towers.
    It was one of many events around Maine.

Walt Shackford of Rochester, N.H., was one of those joining the flag ladies. His son was in the Pentagon when it was attacked on 9/11 and he survived. Shackford says Americans shouldn't be apologists for their way of life. He says people should be proud of their country's example of Democracy.
    http://www.pressherald.com/news/High...g-ladies-.html
    A nice photo at the link

God Bless America!!

9. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Seeing it coming and unable to do more about it...
    :omg:
    How 9/11 looked from the air-traffic control center that saw it coming
    September 10, 2011 : The air-traffic controllers in 'Boston Center' – the facility that oversaw Flight 11 – speak of what happened on 9/11, from the confusion of the first moments to the frustration that military jets could not get to New York City faster.
    See also:

One man's 9/11 idea to rescue people from high-rise buildings
    September 10, 2011 - Many of those who died on 9/11 jumped from the upper floors of the World Trade Center in New York. San Francisco doctor Kevin Stone has invented the "Rescue Reel" personal escape device that might have save lives that day.

10. Sunkissed

Sunkissed Member

Lightning?

Because we're more likely to be struck by lightning than to die from a terrorist attack.

11. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Sun wrote: Lightning?

Because we're more likely to be struck by lightning than to die from a terrorist attack.

Which is why Uncle Ferd got a ground strap danglin' from his tin-foil hat.
    :fart: