I wonder if the minimum wage workers at Godfather's Pizza think Cain is "pro-worker"

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by shhs97, Sep 12, 2011.

1. shhs97

shhs97 New Member

What a joke. he knows about being a worker? Give me a break. Bunch of clowns.

2. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

I wonder if minimum wage workers in China, Mexico, you name it, know what a big screen TV looks like?

If all you can do is put a pizza in an oven or deliver them, welcome to the real world and competition. We sure are globally competitive with all of the people we have working for balls of rice...

3. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

How many people deliver pizza or flip burgers as a career or their only source of income.

These jobs are for people going to college or as second jobs.

I know no one who wants to make a career of a minimum wage job.

4. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Yeah. Why doesn't he just give them all a million dollars an hour? What a jerk! :roll:

5. maat

maat Well-Known Member Past Donor

I remember working for 3.25 per hour back in 1979. I hugged my uncle for giving me a 25 cent raise. I only had to pay for my own auto ins. and gas. I was very happy with my pay at the time.

Like most people, I started with a very low wage and learned to make more. Minimum wage is a worthless law, not becoming a free people.

Ethereal and (deleted member) like this.
  6. squidward

squidward Well-Known Member

those minimum wage workers know nothing about a skill that employers are willing to pay more than minimum wage to obtain.

Life sucks. Next time they should try harder to do more than just breath and take up space.

7. Message to Garcia

Message to Garcia New Member

Non-skilled labor that requires minimal training is certainly something employers should pay lucrative salaries for. What is he thinking?

8. armor99

armor99 New Member

Like so many others that despise the rich in a completely irrational manner, you are overlooking a lot of things here. So do you think Cain was just walking down the street and a bag of money fell out of the sky to hit him? What about the years of struggle, and effort that most business owners like Cain had to put in to achieve the success that he did.

If it is so easy to run a business and be successful.... give it a shot and try it yourself! You only see the success stories. You never hear about the thousands of failures that tried so very hard to make a business work... and lost it all!

When you see that rich guy cruising down the road in the high end BWM.... he earned it! You have no idea the years of effort that went into that. If you were willing to dedicate the next 10 years of your life to starting a business from scratch... then maybe you could be that successful. But No.... it is just easier to whine about people that are more successful than you. There are two reactions to those that are wealthier than you....

1. Wow... what you accomplished is amazing... how did you do that? I want to learn from you.... so I can become more successful as well.

2. I hate you.... I want what you have, but I am not willing to put in the time and effort to earn it for myself. GIMME!!!!

Ethereal and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Its really sad that people in this thread still defend the rich with their lifesblood. Even having the nerve to say making 7.25 an hour is "too much".

As much as you people want us to be like China we won't. See, the more your kind tries to suppress wages and labor laws the more the American worker will demand more.

10. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

That really doesn't make any sense. Why would the worker demand more if someone tries to suppress his wage?

Ever take an economics course? I'm guessing "no." Low skilled jobs do not command a high wage. By setting the wage artificially high, it will increase unemployment, since businesses will find it too expensive to hire workers.

When "your kind" punishes business and success, you get less of it. When "your kind" rewards Government reliance and mediocrity, you get more of it. It's pretty simple.

11. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Are you willing to pay 20 bucks for a happy meal just to ensure that the guy putting the burger in the box gets "a living wage"??

12. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

What do you want $100 pizza so they can make a decent wage for unskilled jobs?

13. freakonature

freakonature Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone would have bought a pizza that was 20% more expensive. Which makes me wonder, would Godfather Pizza employees rather make minimum wage or no wage.

Increasing wages does not magically increase everyone's standard of living. Most often it will simply increase the price of goods and services proportionate to the increase in labor expense rendering nothing more than lost net worth to all those with capital holdings.

14. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Sorry but 7.25 is far from too high for anything. Considering the average cost of living in all 50 states its quite low. All you would do is make those earning minimum wage or just above even poorer.

And sorry the excuse that having to pay workers a living wage is punishment for the rich is completely absurd. Like most of the GOPs claims.

15. Montoya

Montoya Banned

So by this logic we can pay our workers 10 dollars a month on a national average and things will magically be adjusted to suit those wages?

16. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Baseless fear mongering that is proven to be debunked. Workers at taco bell make somewhere around 8 an hour...Yet my meal still costs maybe 6 bucks? I though if we paid them anything over $2 an hour my taco would cost $10?

Another debunked myth the right wing spews.

17. freakonature

So, I guess you've never traveled much.

18. Montoya

Montoya Banned

What does that have to do with anything? I don't care what other countries do or don't do.

19. freakonature

Taco Bell has a business plan that involves poor, cheap ingredients to maintain low price points. Raw materials are a lower percentage of their finished product. Are you actually trying to argue that increased labor costs does not affect prices?

20. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Not to the point you people make it out to be. You guys make it sound like if workers had to be paid more say from $8 and hour to $10 an hour the price of a taco would go from $1.20 to 5.50. Thats simply a ridiculous claim.

21. freakonature

No wonder you are so lost, backward, and confused. There are actually places on this planet where wages are much lower than here. Similarly, the cost of living is much lower as well.

You probably think that artificially increasing wages will decrease the wealth gap between the upper and lower classes.

22. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Again why do I care? Why do I care if people in India make 5 bucks a week?

23. freakonature

It show a correlation between cost of living and wages.

24. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Not at all. Those in India and China are so poor they can't even afford their cheap crap.

25. kilgram

kilgram New Member

And setting a impossible wage to live. Because it is too low... This don't counts. Economy is to serve the people. Not people to serve economy.

The right never considers the social issues. For they aren't important. For that failed the neoliberalism(neoconservatism in USA) in Chile with the Pinochet dictatorship. For that the neoliberal reaction failed in Poland, also in Indonesia, also in Russia.

Because you never consider the social values, thing that the left always consider, so they arrive to different analysis. And what is more important having free people or slave people? If you don't have enough to live you're in worse situation than a slave.