What if there were no US military bases around the world?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by peoplevsmedia, Sep 13, 2011.

1. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

I suppose then if anyone would pull a stunt like this, even if these people are smaller, when the bus stops, police would pull that guy out and either shoot him on the spot or drag him to the police station, beat him senseless, let the old ladies stick their umbrellas down his ass and then use him to fertelize their tomatos.

A confused American tourist in Korea:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2wQiPcuZI4&feature=BFp&list=PL559E52A3939A740E"]Foreigner on Korean bus verbally abuses elderly couple--all over a misunderstanding. - YouTube[/ame]

And I don't want to hear anything about blacks, some whites and hispanic Americans are exactly the same.

2. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

I don't get it. There seemed to be a lot of people on that bus, and they all seemed offended. Why didn't they do anything?

3. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm confused. What's the point of this thread? If there were no military bases would there still be jackass Americans visiting other countries? I'd say yes. There are real reasons to close down US bases in other nations, but soldiers getting drunk and acting like retards isn't one of them. I'm assuming that's the point of this thread, though really it's hard to tell.

4. Flag

Flag New Member

US bases prevent people from being stupid in buses.

Logic it assists me not.

5. IgnoranceisBliss

IgnoranceisBliss Well-Known Member

While this guy definitely acted like an idiot, my understanding of it is that he was called a racial slur by one of the men on the bus. Many Asian countries are extremely racist.

6. hoytmonger

hoytmonger New Member

The US taxpayers would save trillions.

7. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Closing all American military bases around the world makes sense as America draws back from empire. Besides, with Prompt Global Strike America will be able to reach out and touch any one any where within one hour from low earth orbit.

8. Defengar

Defengar New Member

Apparently the Korean told him to please talk quieter (black guy was on the phone) and "you" in Korean is "니가(pronounced (*)(*)(*)(*)(*))". The black guy misunderstood for obvious reasons...

9. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

The guy is kind of big, plus Americans have rights.

10. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

I didnt say that moron is a soldier, I said Americans can act like that (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) because of all the US military bases around the world.

11. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

All I'm trying to say is that if Koreans want to ride the bus they should learn American language and what the word (*)(*)(*)(*)(*) means

12. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

It's a good thing that our boy has been watching his dose of Oreilly:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNl6-j9x5w"]"SHUT UP!" -- Bill O'Reilly's favorite words - YouTube[/ame]

13. My Fing ID

What was the army going to come out there and save him?

14. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

:bored:
    No, but why do you think the korans are afraid to touch him? I think it has to do with power of US military aggression.

15. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

This thread is a gigantic fail. It in no way makes any logical argument as to why we should leave any forign base. Besides, we have tried to reduce our forces there in korea and the government has asked us repeatedly to stay. We are there at.the request of the Korean government fulfilling our security treaty made with them after the Korean war.

It would be like me posting a video of a rude korean and saying that we should ban all koreans form the us...

16. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Your logic is deeply flawed.

17. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Ummm, Americans are subject to Korean laws, including US military personal.

You demonstrate that you have no earthly clue what you're talking about.

18. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

The guy does make an interesting metaphor.

He's big, but it looks like a LOT of people on that bus and many of them want to beat on him. And does he actually slap that woman? It looks like he does, but I can't tell for sure. I find it difficult to believe that five to ten guys won't at least put themselves between the crazy guy and that woman.

19. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

Good point. while I myself also would not have wanted to get punched by a big guerilla, I am pretty sure I would have at least shielded the old lady or hit him from the back with something and hid back among the crowd or something. If I had a knife on me, I would most likely have stabbed him in the back. poor koreans, again if this was my mother, I would go to the mayor demand he gets me a million dollars for damages to my mom or else I would seek to kill Americans or foreigners in the future - YES I KNOW what I just said is completely obsurd, but I am trying to put myself in other people's shoes.

20. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

No more rights than those Koreans on the bus.

I witnessed a similar thing here in a cafe a couple of months ago. This American dude (white) went off his nut because he didn't quite get the coffee he asked for. It got so bad he actualy grabbed the little waitress by the shoulders and shook her. If his buddies hadn't intervened and pulled him away, he'd still be eating pork fat soup in Phong Thong jail.

21. My Fing ID

I'd say it's because Korean culture is different. BTW the SOFA (Status Of Forces Agreement) we have with Korea, lets just say the ball is pretty much in their park. Koreans have less to fear from US soldiers than US soldiers do from Koreans, unless our government decides to start being hostile to Korea (all South Korea of course, the North has a lot to fear from us should things actually happen). Seriously our troops being in other nations does not keep our tourists from getting their asses kicked.

22. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

Was that Lil Wayne? LOL,