Erdogan advised secular regime to Egypt instead of Islam based regime

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by haydar, Sep 15, 2011.

1. haydar

haydar Member

PM Erdogan has huge symphaty in Arab wrold recently. In his Egypt wisit this week he advised to Egypt a secular regime instead of an Islam based regime.

He described himself as a Muslim PM of a secular country also he is noted that secularism is not ateism to live in a secular system and to be secular is different things.

http://www.habermonitor.com/en/haber/detay/45416/response-to-erdogan-great

He also visited the religional leader of Christians in Egypt, Coptic religional leader and listened their problems. Muslim Brotherhood didn't like this advises...

2. The Turk

The Turk New Member

Yeah, funny isn't it?

I have kept saying here that Erdogan isn't an Islamist.

So, there you go.

He is now promoting secularism.

3. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

he is a hypocrite .

4. Borat

Borat Banned

He is also promoting the end of the Israeli occupation...while occupying Cyprus. He is also promoting human rights while blatantly violating them in Turkey. He is also promoting the creation of a Palestinian state...while denying the Kurds' right to a state, he is promoting sovereignty, while sending Turkish troops and air force across the border into Iraq. He is promoting the end of Israeli retaliations to terrorist attacks, while bombing the cr&p out of Kurdish civilians, he is promoting international law while refusing to sign the UN convention on the Law of the Sea and maritime law...

Did I forget to mention that he is demanding an Israeli apology for the death of armed and violent "civilians" while refusing to apologize and acknowledge the Armenian genocide. Sultan Erdogan's motto - do as I say, not as I do.

alan131210 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

you read my mind , well said .

6. The Turk

The Turk New Member

I don't really get the point. Erdogan is an Islamist while promoting Secularism? How so?

And, as for the Cyprus issue, if you see a correlation between your situation and the Cyprus issue, you're in a trouble, too.

PS: Have you ever heard of the Annan plan?

7. Borat

Borat Banned

1. The point is simple, paying lip service to something while doing exactly the opposite is HYPOCRISY.

2. There is very little in common indeed between the Cyprus and the West Bank occupation. In a nutshell, the occupation of the Wast Bank was the result of a defensive war that Israel waged against 7 invading arab armies and the refusal of the Palestinians to lay down the arms and make peace. The occupation of Cyprus was an unprovoked aggression.

3. The Annan plan was rejected by in Cyprus referendum. What can be more democratic that that and how is that justifying the continuing occupation of Cyprus?

8. The Turk

The Turk New Member

1)I still don't get what Erdogan did against Secularism.

2)Yeah, how is that hypocrisy then?

3)Annan plan was rejected by the Greek speaking side. I don't say it's undemocratic, I am saying that Erdogan is working on merging the island.

9. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Muslim Brotherhood will win any democratic election in Egypt, so my advice to sultan E. forget about Egypt . and whats about own minorities?

10. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

i hope Egyptians Libyans and Tunisians are smarter than that and dont fall for his hideous card he is using on them and remember 20 million "Muslim" kurds in kurdistan occupied by turkey as well .