+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Drug

Default A New Drug

I developed a new drug. Totally legal- anyone can take it.

99.5% of the people who take this drug will feel great and safe and warm, but .5% of the people who take it will go insane and start killing random people- from the insanity of course.

But it's as safe as a condom and 99.5% of the time it's a freaking great drug to take. But if you go insane, I cannot be held responsible for you actions from taking my drug.

Would you take the drug?

2. Default

Are you referring to firearms?

.5% is a bit large, .00004% is a bit more accurate (the number of homicides divided by the number of firearms).
    There is no love in Fear.

Feminism is pretty much an all whites club pretending to be concerned with equal rights of racial minorities.

Not firearms- "a new wonderful drug" that makes everyone feel great but makes some go on a killing spree.

So are you in?

Spree killings is an interesting one. Its terribly difficult to test any hypothesis on the subject. Any one know of any studies on the subject?
    Last edited by Reiver; Sep 18 2011 at 02:44 AM.

Shouldn't this be a thread in the "Other Political Issues" section - "Drugs, Alcohol, & Tobacco" subsection?
    SpotsCat is a trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot. No glass bottles in the pool area. Brush your teeth and wear clean underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Spree killings is an interesting one. Its terribly difficult to test any hypothesis on the subject. Any one know of any studies on the subject?
    Plenty. Search 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by SpotsCat View Post
    Shouldn't this be a thread in the "Other Political Issues" section - "Drugs, Alcohol, & Tobacco" subsection?
    No- it belongs right here.

I see no one has given me an answer yet...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jmpet View Post
    I developed a new drug. Totally legal- anyone can take it.

99.5% of the people who take this drug will feel great and safe and warm, but .5% of the people who take it will go insane and start killing random people- from the insanity of course.

But it's as safe as a condom and 99.5% of the time it's a freaking great drug to take. But if you go insane, I cannot be held responsible for you actions from taking my drug.

Would you take the drug?
    Drugs/medicines have a purpose. If I already feel "great and safe and warm" without taking your drug, and the only purpose of your drug is to make one feel "great and safe and warm," then I would not take your drug, since there is absolutely no purpose for it.

I don't see what your OP is doing in a gun control forum, inasmuch as there is no obvious analogy between your fantasy drug and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by jmpet View Post
    No- it belongs right here.

I see no one has given me an answer yet...
    Then please explain why a thread about new drugs belongs in the "Gun Control" section of this forum.
    SpotsCat is a trademark of SpotsCat Intergalactic Enterprises LLC, All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized use of the exceptionally witty material contained herein shall be prostituted to the fullest extent. Trespassers will be shot. No glass bottles in the pool area. Brush your teeth and wear clean underwear.

I would not. I could fall into that small percentage of people who were affected by the drug. I would not want anyone else to take it either, in case they went mad and I was caught in the crossfire.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

"The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast