Obama: Pass Jobs Bill Without 'Division or Delay'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Obama: Pass Jobs Bill Without 'Division or Delay'

By Jim Kuhnhenn - Associated Press | AP – 4 hrs ago

Excerpts:

WASHINGTON (AP) – “President Barack Obama is keeping up his appeal for public support of his $447 billion proposal to boost jobs and consumer spending by urging Americans to press Congress to pass the legislation. "No more division or delay," he said.

In his weekly radio and Internet address Saturday, he focused on a message that has become central to a presidency struggling to address stubbornly high unemployment numbers and dipping approval of his handling of the economy.

The president announced his jobs legislation to a joint session of Congress last week and has since gone outside Washington to build a case for its passage. He has been to Virginia, Ohio and North Carolina.

"The No. 1 issue for the people I meet is how we can get back to a place where we're creating good, middle-class jobs that pay well and offer some security," he said.

Obama's proposal would reduce payroll taxes on workers, cut them in half for most businesses and offer incentives for employers to hire. It would spend tens of billions of dollars on new public works projects, extend unemployment benefits for long-term jobless and help states and localities avoid layoffs of teachers and emergency workers.

On Monday, Obama plans to spell out a long-term debt stabilizing plan that aims to cut the deficit by about $2 trillion over 10 years. Obama is making his proposal to a special congressional committee that has been charged with lowering deficit by $1.2 trillion to $1.5 trillion.

"But right now, we've got to get Congress to pass this jobs bill," Obama said.
    Obama's jobs plan has received a tepid reception from Republicans. But his proposal to pay for the plan with limits on tax deductions and closing corporate tax loopholes is facing stiff GOP resistance.

In the Republican address, Rep. Peter Roskam of Illinois called on Obama to reduce regulations on businesses, saying government agency rules were choking off hiring. "Washington has become a red tape factory," he said.

He acknowledged Obama's decision to scrub a clean-air regulation that aimed to reduce health-threatening smog. "He can cancel more," Roskam said.

He pressed Obama to push the Democratic-controlled Senate to adopt House Republican initiatives, including legislation that would give Congress veto power over certain high-cost regulations.”

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-pass-jobs-bill-without-division-delay-101403373.html
    ……..

It is time for the republicans/T-baggers to become Congressmen..legislators for the good of the country, and cease pushing their owners’ antiquated, unwanted agenda and start working for the people. The citizens didn’t initiate their own unemployment, corporations did by outsourcing their businesses for cheap labor leaving American citizens jobless. They are unemployed thru no fault of their own, and republicans/T-baggers now must repair the damage they have done to America. It is no secret that they follow what corporations tell them to do, are financed by corporations, and then do their bidding. There is only one thing wrong with this concept…they were elected by the people, to work for the people.

President Obama is right in seeking ways to create jobs for Americans, to seek the prosperity we had during former President Clinton’s tenure. We are striving to keep afloat in a bankrupt America, a hostile and corrupt Congress, two Bush Wars, a severely bloated Pentagon, and a high unemployment problem. For republicans/T-baggers to brush all these problems aside to push their own ridiculous agenda is treasonous, unpatriotic, criminally negligent, and unmindful of the oath they took concerning their duty to the American populace. They should work for the people, or resign.

President Obama is right to demand they do their official duty to the country, to right the wrongs being perpetrated upon its citizens, and to do it with some semblance of professionalism. The people of this country are waiting, the President is waiting….what are the republicans/T-baggers waiting for….further instructions from the Koch Brothers and Fox News?

2. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Suck it, O.

3. arjay

arjay New Member

O'Bummer misses the good 'ole days - the "We need to pass this bill to find out what's in it" days.

4. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Do what I say and do it now.....B.S.!

5. arjay

arjay New Member

Those days are over!

6. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Yes, when the left isn't getting what it wants, suddenly they act like they are nonpartisan, and that conservatives are the only ones playing partisan politics. It's a cheap, lazy tactic that is extremely transparent to the majority of the country.

You can blame the left's assault on business, for this. Company's go into business to make profits, not to create jobs. The left has done everything it can to make it hard for businesses to operate in the US. From regulations (up a HUGE percent under Obama's Presidency) to taxes (the threat of higher taxes has kept businesses from hiring workers), to a new uber-expensive entitlement program that businesses are going to have to pay for (Obamacare, in case you were wondering). Eventually these businesses need to find some other ways of staying competitive. If our business environment is so toxic, because of the assault on the free market, they will go elsewhere.

No, some choose to stay unemployed. Montoya, a member of this board, is a great example. He gets paid more to stay on welfare and to be a social drain on society than he would by taking a job at a company that he feels is beneath him. There are many people currently doing this.

Nobody is more influenced by corporations than Obama. Just take a look at the recent solar companies and "green jobs" scandals that start with him. Why don't you direct some of this at him? Is it because you're a partisan hack who is still too in love with Obama to see any fault?

"Two Bush Wars" that Obama is continuing. Oh, and he started another one in Libya. Seriously, do you know how much of a hypocrite you are?

You complain about a bloated Pentagon... what about a bloated EPA? Or any of the other left-friendly sections of the Government? I'm sure you wouldn't mind those particular sections of the Government staying the same size, or getting larger. Am I right?

They are doing their duty. They are representing the majority of the country that cannot stand for the way Obama and his leftist regime is running the country. You might live in a very liberal area where everyone agrees with each other, but the majority of the country is against Obama and the current direction of the country. Obama currently has the lowest approval rating of his Presidency. Why can't Obama start representing the people? Why is everything he is doing contrary to what the people of this country want?

I think they are waiting for Obama and his cronies to stop acting as stupid as this last comment of yours.

7. Brewskier

Yeah, he is still pissy about not having complete control of the Government, like he had for 2 years. It must have felt good to run things like the tyrannical King that he thinks he should be.

8. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Oh my goodness...Once again the one-liner afficionados have crammed their entire IQ into under five words....BOOLYEAH !!!

9. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

My, you are unusually talkative today...cat got your tongue, or what....

10. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

[​IMG]

Obama's Jobs Bills...Worse Than Doing Nothing.....

11. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

Umm,the Republicans or the Tea Party are not the ones holding up the bill.It has stalled in the Senate and even the Dems are are afraid to touch it so you can blame Prince Harry Reid for shelving it for "other things" to take care of.

12. arjay

arjay New Member

Gee, was I talking to you? I've found talking to your type is a waste of time - Keep sucking down the Kool-Aid, though.

13. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

I believe the one word
    interjection your were searching for is booyah, by the way.
    And anyone that regularly uses the crass pejorative "**********" doesn't get to lecture others about their brain power (not without opposition). You forfeited that right by your poor choices made.

14. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Right. And amazingly, Pelosi's jaw-dropping words for the cons sure worked for the libs - they cheered ecstatically to pass that bill so we could find out what was in it ..... (that still boggles my mind) and now Obumma has a new ploy - "If you love me, you'll pass this bill"....... now that sounds very unpresidential, in fact, it's juvenile and silly, but he knows how to tug the heart strings of his brain dead admirers and they're going to prove their love for him.......

When I heard him say that, it reminded me of a high school guy trying to get his way w/his girl-friend.......

15. Brewskier

I thought the same thing.

Truly a pathetic comment from a President of the United States. And to see all those young, smiling, dumb faces behind him cheering him on really said it all.

16. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

.........fubo

17. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

Brewskier:

u sed:
    1) "Yes, when the left isn't getting what it wants, suddenly they act like they are nonpartisan, and that conservatives are the only ones playing partisan politics. It's a cheap, lazy tactic that is extremely transparent to the majority of the country."

So you admit that you play partisan politics? It is another cheap, lazy tactic to ‘assume’ you represent the ‘majority of the country.
    …..

2)" You can blame the left's assault on business, for this. Company's go into business to make profits, not to create jobs."
    ……..

You can blame corporate greed for this. How many jobs did they create overseas for more profits? Your lack of honesty is appalling. Why don’t you just admit you are angry that President Obama has outwitted your party again? He has shown what the republican/T-bagger agenda is and called them on it.

3)" No, some choose to stay unemployed. Montoya, a member of this board, is a great example. He gets paid more to stay on welfare and to be a social drain on society than he would by taking a job at a company that he feels is beneath him. There are many people currently doing this."
    …..

That is more republican/T-bagger Rovian smear tactics for the unemployed…they want and need to work…the biggest welfare kings and queens are the legislators that get all sorts of subsidies, breaks, earmarks (pork) extra pay etc…sucking off the teat of government welfare while they supposedly work for the people who elected them.

4) "Nobody is more influenced by corporations than Obama. Just take a look at the recent solar companies and "green jobs" scandals that start with him. Why don't you direct some of this at him? Is it because you're a partisan hack who is still too in love with Obama to see any fault?"
    …..

You must mean the solar companies that are being investigated by Obama for fraud. Also, please be aware of the forum rules against personal insults I gather you are not aware of. I am letting this one pass due to your lack of comprehension. You are angry because someone stated the truth to you, but personal insults are a no-no; you must work it out by true debating not flame-baiting, trolling, and other republican/T-bagger activities.

5) " "Two Bush Wars" that Obama is continuing. Oh, and he started another one in Libya. Seriously, do you know how much of a hypocrite you are?"
    …..

Who started those wars? Who spent trillions of dollars, bankrupting our country, working those wars before Obama ever became president? Seriously, you need to be careful who you call a ‘hypocrite’

6) "You complain about a bloated Pentagon... what about a bloated EPA? Or any of the other left-friendly sections of the Government? I'm sure you wouldn't mind those particular sections of the Government staying the same size, or getting larger. Am I right?"
    ……

Again, learn to debate in an impersonal way; your obvious hatred for Dems is overpowering your responses, leaving them without credibility on any level. You have no idea what size government I am comfortable with but you state otherwise, THEN you ask me if you are right…seriously?

5) "They are doing their duty. They are representing the majority of the country that cannot stand for the way Obama and his leftist regime is running the country. You might live in a very liberal area where everyone agrees with each other, but the majority of the country is against Obama and the current direction of the country. Obama currently has the lowest approval rating of his Presidency. Why can't Obama start representing the people? Why is everything he is doing contrary to what the people of this country want?"
    …..

Again you are merely mouthing propaganda buzz words..what makes you think your party represents the “majority of the country”? FACT: The majority of the country is fed up with the Gestapo, do-nothing methods being employed by the republicans/T-baggers and it has become abundantly clear to every patriotic American that those people will be gone come Nov 5, 2012. Do not misinterpret what the current attitude is toward your party(s)

Your parties’ flagrant, sleazy actions in the debt ceiling raise proved to the American people what your true agenda is, you have been put on notice, that any further obstruction of what is best for America will not be tolerated. Either get the job done you were elected to do or resign; or we will kick you out. The American people want JOBS…is that so hard for your parties’ to understand?

7) I think they are waiting for Obama and his cronies to stop acting as stupid as this last comment of yours.
    …
    I seem to have hit a raw nerve here. Do you really infer that your candidates, elected officials weren’t financed by the Koch Borthers? Like Gov. Walker et al. C’mon, it is a verifiable financial ZOO the Koch Brothers are running and your illustrious parties elected officials and candidates are deep in the middle of that zoo. Everyone knows your parties’ have been bought and sold.

Btw: any further insults will be promptly reported. I only answered your reply as you seemed so mentally challenged by my article, and I can see your anger at hearing the truth, but you must keep at least a semblance of good manners

18. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

so he wants to pass the bill without looking at it, reading it, debating it.

Obama, is no leader, he is a jackass.

19. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

1) You have a lisp?

2) but...the T-baggers split from the Tea Party and NAMED THEMSELVES the crass disparaging name of their cult: the "T-baggers" I am merely calling them by the name they manufactured for themselves. You have a problem with that, talk to them not me.

3) The only poor choice I have made is answering your angry, frustrated, insulting reply; I am contemplating reporting it, but you do not measure up to the effort and time it would take. Sorry....

btw: glad to know you enjoyed my article...do you have anything to say about the article?

20. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

Aren't the Republicans working for the people by opposing the president's plan? Because as you see here in this forum many Americans are against it. By not voting for it they are in fact working for the people.

This is way oversimplified. One must also ask if those corporations didn't move job overseas would the expensive labor costs in America had run them out of business? Corporations are not evil, they are doing what they can to survive just like people do. If you can move to a different state or country for a better job would you? Or are you going to stay where you are and except your current lot in life?

You are just focusing on one side of the problem, Democrats are just the same as republicans, they just have a better PR campaign.

Just because he seems to be seeking ways doesn't mean the choices he is making are going to provide that outcome or make things better, they could have the opposite effect. If he is really truly interested in jobs he would go to small businesses and ask them what they think as its a proven fact that small businesses hire the vast majority of Americans and always lead hiring out of a recession.

Bankrupt America I agree, spending half a trillion more makes that worse.
    Hostile and corrupt congress, I agree but its on both sides of the aisle and not just limited to the legislative branch.
    2 Bush wars, I agree, lets end them and Libya. Too bad Obama isn't in on that plan.
    Bloated Pentagon, I agree, along with almost every other Dept of the federal government.
    High unemployment, I also agree, but I do not think the President's job bill will help in that regard except maybe in the short term. We need to focus on long term solutions and stop being so reactionary.

They are doing exactly what many of their constituents want, not everyone in America agrees on what needs to be done. Like it or not congress should always be having arguments and disagreements. Focusing on one side of it and demonizing just them though makes one sound very partisan.

Let me respond to this with a question. do you support the Presidents job bill?

Witty but not very intellectually honest if you ask my opinion. Our politicians like all people have their own best interests at heart more often then people are willing to accept. I know they take money from special interests and give them favors, Republicans and Democrats alike. That is why I am in favor of smaller government limiting their ability to do favors. I don't have any notion that one side of an aisle is any less corrupt then the other, hopefully you don't either, but your comment seems to show otherwise.

21. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

If he doesn't I will.

Of course Republicans engage in partisanship.

After all, any game liberals can think up conservatives can learn to play.

But it's a very, very old game.