Is Bill Maher...Sane?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by way2convey, Sep 18, 2011.

1. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

I have to wonder what drives people like him.
    No Bill, "The crowds" were not cheering for letting people die who don't have health insurance...and you know it... so, here's a guy who lies about what actually happens and uses it to justify hate against rep's and Christians. Strange. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/17/maher_christians_are_people_who_hate_charity_and_love_killing.html And one more...
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/09/17/maher_youd_have_to_come_out_for_slavery_to_satisfy_republican_right.html In my book, he's deranged. I don't watch this ass clown, but I doubt very much he used such hateful comments to condemn unions for taking hostages and destroying property, or trashing a state capital. So, if we are faced with violence on the streets in Nov, we can thank deranged lefties like BM and the idiots who actually listen to this hate mongering POS.

2. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Too much drug abuse. The 60s claims another victim.

3. pragueman

pragueman New Member Past Donor

I think he was making a comment regarding the GOP debate that when Ron Paul was asked if someone should die because they don't have health insurance, there appeared to be a few people in the crowd that believed yes they should die. I think that's what Maher is questioning. Where did we think it was OK to let citizens die because they made a mistake in not getting insured.

4. GoSlash27

GoSlash27 New Member

"A mistake"? That's awfully charitable of you. Perhaps you should go find someone who "made a mistake" by recklessly spending himself into bankruptcy and pay his bills for him. Let's see how far your compassion actually goes when it's your money rather than everybody else's. :fart:

That scenario was not a "mistake", it was a conscious and ill-advised decision to do something he knew he shouldn't have done. Sometimes people gamble and lose, and that's what we call "personal responsibility"; a concept that seems completely foreign to liberals.

The more you subsidize irresponsible behavior, the more you're gonna get.

5. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

Sounds like a description of Wall Street.

6. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

If you cheer for executing people and applaud letting uninsured people die, then you need to see a psychiatrist.

7. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Anyone who has ever really looked at the stats knows that Christians and conservatives give more of THEIR time, more of THEIR money to charity than any other, even when they have less of an income than their liberal counterpart.

Bill Maher just thinks if he repeats something often enough he will convince someone or it makes what he said true.

8. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

How do we know who was cheering by the way??? Was Maher in the audience interviewing the people who cheered? What proof does he or anyone else have that these were Christians or conservatives?

9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

This is what passes for a progressive these days.....

[​IMG]

_

10. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

If you can not distinguish sarcasm from a point being made than that person would need a psychiatrist, or their name is Bill ''totally partisan'' Maher. The man is a Hack and deliberate Liar...
    Of course he gets away with it because he is a comedian, and making absurd shocking comments is his job, I just cant imagine what excuse others have....

11. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

Bill Maher suffers from short-man syndrome.

flounder and (deleted member) like this.
  12. pragueman

pragueman New Member Past Donor

Then fine make sure everyone is insured then. If the take is that if someone gets sick and they are uninsured then they die, we should make it mandatory to have it. Like, you can't get a drivers license without showing insurance or you can't rent a house/own a house or something like that.

In regards to me 'once you start paying for it...' that's nonsense. I own two separate businesses. One of which is overseas. I'm sure I pay more taxes then most people on this board.

My point is that I would much rather pay to get an American healthy than to pay to drop bombs on villages and all of the other wasted money that we spend on stupid things.

13. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

Well all I can say is,, to him his job is to get as many God fearing, hard working decent conservatives to Hate and despise him as much as humanly possible.

This being the case he is a totally qualified unsurpassed success...He knows exactly what his ''rich hating'' audience wants, while all the time taking their money and becoming one of those rich people himself...

Bottom line....

The rich remain Rich

Maher remains unquestionably Rich

His audience remains the dumbest, biggest, suckers around.......

All in all,,,,,,,a pretty neat trick..........

[​IMG]
    Does this dwarf look like he's hurting?...[​IMG]

14. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

Y'all have over-analysed this. Maher is a lifetime dope smoker and this is the result.

15. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's exactly what they were doing, as well as cheering for the large number of executions...and you know it.
    The right seems to have a fascination with second amendment solutions, even if they don't always entail using a gun.

16. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

As Sane as Henry Rollings & Ed Asner & Jenine Garafalo

17. signcutter

signcutter New Member

I watched footage of where the audience cheered when the moderater said... Govenor Perry.. a question on Texas execution .. your state has executed 234 inmates.. more than any other Govenor in modern times.... and the audience gave a spontaneous applause.

The thing Bill Mahr was refering too.. when R.P was asked if a man who opted not to have health insurance should be allowed to die.... there were a few audience members shouting "Yeah"..!... not nearly the majority.. just a couple of wackos.

18. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

There is an entire thread that deals with this tiresome subject. Go back and listen to the two or three people in an audience of hundreds that yelled out and tell me these few fools (plants and provocateurs, for all we know) represents the views of everyone in the movement.

If you believe it, it's because you want to believe it. And if you want to believe such a scurrilous thing , it doesn't say much for you.

19. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Maher is a piece of trash.

You have to love the party on the left that claims they are for love, tolerance, acceptance of all people and religions.

As long as your not a Christian.

20. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

As long as you pay any credence to Maher and the words that are formed in his cannabis saturated brain, then stupidity wins. Of course he says ignorant, vile prejudiced things. He has liberal Tourette syndrome ( a disease that strikes leftists and causes them to blurt out bigoted nonsense) so consider that when Maher strikes again.

21. Consmike

I agree, all those 3 people in the audience should have not cheered.

22. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Suddenly, laughing at, or cheering the demise of the flagrantly irresponsible, the hoplessly stupid, or the criminal is politically incorrect....

because leftists have found a politically expedient angle to criticize opposition.

I wonder when they'll ban the "Darwin Awards"

23. Consmike

you have to love it when Maher is the leader of the democrats.

24. paco

paco New Member

He used to date Ann Coulter, too. How's that for irony?

25. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

This..."In today's Republican party there's a term for people who hate charity and love killing: Christian"...is not just a "comment"...it is a pathetic accusation with no sunstance.