ANY lifer willing to debate me?

Discussion in 'Abortion' started by MegadethFan, Sep 20, 2011.

1. MegadethFan

MegadethFan Well-Known Member

This is essentially an ad, for a debate. I need a lifer, to debate me on abortion. The rules would be that we restrict discussion to ethics and moral codes that are the foundation of the law - NOT the law itself. I dont want law to be drawn in because 1. US law aint my law, 2. Law can change over night and 3. Law is usually used (by both sides) as a way of hiding from debate.

If any lifer out there wants to debate abortion; that abortion is morally acceptable, I'll make a thread within the debate section and we can thrash it out.

I doubt anyone will dare, but here's your chance.

2. JPSartre

JPSartre New Member

Why would a "lifer" take the position that abortion is morally acceptable?

3. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

:laughing:

:crazy:

Call the guys in the white coats!

4. MegadethFan

LOL No that's my position and they would, obviously, argue against. You want to debate me?

5. MegadethFan

Sorry, what?

6. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

You are really desperate for attention on this, but I will bite. Don't expect real time answers I have butt loads of work to do.

But go ahead, posit a query and I'll beat it down.

7. MegadethFan

Is there a point in the near future you'd be free for a debate we cna spend some time on?

8. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

No better time then this when I am online doing business, but I still can only answer between other tasks.

9. MegadethFan

Do you think you came make a comment once a week?

10. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

I'm here right now, fire away. As far as a weekly schedule, I have too much to do to guarantee any specifics, but I will respond to serious points when I can.

So if you have something to ask, go ahead.

11. MegadethFan

If at the least you could get a comment in once every two weeks so the thread doesn't disappear and I forget about it, that would be good.

Any way here it is: http://www.politicalforum.com/debates-contests/208285-abortion-morally-acceptable.html#post4478674

12. Unifier

Unifier New Member

What would be the point? I've already successfully shot down every single point you've presented to try to defend your position on here. And I'm not even alone in that. Countless other pro-life people on this section of the forum have done the same. Yet you continue to drag up and regurgitate previously defeated positions.

So again I ask you, what is the purpose in debating you if you don't even know when you're licked?

13. MegadethFan

Where did you do that?

Show me another then.

LOL! Give some examples. I cannot find ONE.

SHOW ONE DEFEATED POSITION.

Show me where I've been licked. If you cant understand the fact I have responded and REFUTED everyone of your criticisms, then you should get a moderator to independently read it and get them to explain that fact to you so can get it into your head. READ what I write, dont read what you THINK my case is. Read my responses word for word. You are manipulating my position to attack a strawman that has nothing to do with what I originally state. For example, I say there is nothing special about human life and you conclude this means I think all humans can die totally ignoring the fact I say humans generally cant be killed because they have INTEREST THAT NEED TO BE DEFENDED. Youa re by far one of the worst debaters to enter this forum in a while. Interesting still how its only you and Whaler who are left. So yeah I'm sure there's plenty of 'other lifers' who have refuted my position. haha in their dreams.

14. JPSartre

JPSartre New Member

No thanks. I don't debate amateurs. ;)

15. MegadethFan

I'll take that as a joke. and yes, I did laugh.

16. JPSartre

JPSartre New Member

You can take that any way that makes you feel good. ;)
    I'd point you to another forum where I'm 3-0 in formal debates, but I doubt the mods would like the publicity for a competitive site.

17. MegadethFan

Its not against the rules. Tell me which one - I might find some good debaters there. I cant find any here for this topic.

18. prometeus

prometeus Banned

Condescending attitudes and self praise that can not be verified are good signs of feelings of inferiority. The of course we have your past posts too...

19. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have one:

To the question of whether the zygote is "a human"

The only significant difference between the zygote cell and any other human cell is in the DNA of the zygote.

The zygote and the other human cells have the same DNA but the DNA of the zygote is directing that particular cell to do a different thing than other human cells.

The program codes "create a human" are turned on in the zygote and this is a significant difference.

All human cells have the blueprints and the programming for creation of a human but the zygote actually has these codes turned on.

This does not make the zygote "a human", but it does mean that the potential for a human to be created exists within the zygote.

This "potential" for creation is the only significant difference between the zygote and any other human cell.

Terminating the zygote is then terminating the potential for the creation of the human given in the blueprint.

It is not "killing a human/baby/child" because the human in the blueprint has not been created yet.

20. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

Absolute nonsense. A zygote grows into what becomes known as the embryo, which grows into what becomes known as the fetus, which grows into what is known as the infant.

Whether the growth takes place by mitosis or some other method, growth is growth and the zygote and the infant are the same biological entity.

21. Giftedone

The zygote reproduces by mitosis. It is not correct to call that "growth" of the zygote.

There is nothing incorrect in my post. If you claim I have written nonsense then show what I have said that you think is nonsense and how is should be corrected.

"Its all nonsense" is not debate. It is the argument of a blubbering fool.

22. injest

injest New Member

I am not an expert on debate...is calling someone's argument that of "a blubbering fool" correct debate technique?

23. Giftedone

Clearly.

Blubbering- repeating unintelligible nonsense over and over again

Fool: Someone who has no basis for their argument and rather than reconsider their position when evidence to the contrary is pointed out goes into denial and refuses to learn.

I thought it was an apt description.

What do you think it should be called when all the material someone has to support their position is ranting over and over again:

"its all nonsense" "its all nonsense" without even saying what they think is nonsense ?

Tell me .. what do you call this. Psychotic delusion ? what.

What argument ? Define argument and show me where there is an argument ?

It is called "Trolling" :)

24. JPSartre

JPSartre New Member

I'm not going to post it because the site has gone to the (*)(*)(*)(*)ter in the past few years. But I will send it to you privately.

25. MrBaseball

MrBaseball New Member

Let me re-entitle this debate too; Should the cold-blooded murder of unborn babies be a woman's choice?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather save the life of an infant than grant rights too a woman. I'm against abortion in all cases; rape, incest, etc.

These bleeding heart liberals never ask themselves, what if you were that aborted baby?