Marine's set up recruitment desk at LGBT center

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by raytri, Sep 21, 2011.

1. raytri

raytri Well-Known Member

Considering the Marines were the branch most opposed to ending DADT, this is awesome:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/u...y-center-in-oklahoma.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Expanding the recruit pool. It's all good.

2. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

I predict the number of attacks on homosexuals to rise within our armed services.

3. krusewalker

krusewalker Banned

in that case, i predict the number of arrests for assault to rise within your armed services.

then again, im not too sure that our posts have any point

4. Naruto

Naruto Well-Known Member

Wonder if the blood strip will turn into the pink strip. Glad I got out before the homos got in. This ain't your Daddy's Marine Corps anymore.

This put the A to B in a whole new perspective, (Asses to Bellybuttons)! So do straight Marines get their own showers now and can straight Marines shower with the WMs?

5. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Now that the military has softened to progressive agenda, I wonder if Kagens' Harvard ban on military recruiters will be lifted.

6. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

If you support this, then you obviously support men showering with women.

Or are you for heterosexual showers and homosexuals showers?

7. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

This is what is ironic. The US Military has historically been one of the most progressive institutions in America. They integrated blacks long before the country itself did.

It's not like we're going to see flaming LGBT's from San Fran walking in all dressed in high heels and earrings saying "darling! I want to be a marine!"

So let them serve, and yes.. lets start getting these ultra freaky liberal schools to start allowing the US military to recruit again on their campuses. My mother was a WAC in the 70's and from the (*)(*)(*)(*) she's told me.. gay women in the military is nothing new, and nothing shocking at all.

8. Naruto

Naruto Well-Known Member

I certainly wouldn't want to take a show with a flamer with a boner staring at my package. If homos can shower with heteros, then hetero Marines should demand they be allowed to shower with WMs. That would be a only good thing to come out of allowing gays to serve i guess.

I wounder if squad leaders are going to start finding marines making out in their fox holes during deployment?

9. Tarheeler

Tarheeler Active Member Past Donor

Adapt and overcome.

Regardless of how they might personally feel, the Marine Corps duty is follow the policy now in place and adapt to the situation and excell.

And I'm sure they will.

10. Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe New Member

...actually it's not...it's tough enough to deal with combat and now you want to start recruiting MAN HATERS?!?!?...serious question, wtf is going on in your head?!?!?...I don't know why people like you can't get a grasp on reality, but you really need to pull your head out of your ass...I'm tired of people like you forcing your issues on people like me...life in combat is tough enough without me needing to deal with your hangups...

Kabuki Joe

11. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Probably not...

12. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

someone should just let these paranoid righties take a few showers with gay marines....

its obvious they cant stop thinking about it, just let them get it out of their system already so they can stop obsessing

13. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

WTF is a LGBT Center? Is that like an AIDS Ward?

14. NewSmirkingChimp

NewSmirkingChimp Banned

Look for more disappearing new recruits. Many in the Navy and Marines will be shark food.

15. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

Here is the thing:
    most gay or straigh people will never qualify for the military because of three major factors;

1) they do not meet the intellectual capacity for military service. and they fail to have a degree and or fail the enterance exam.

2) they do not meet the moral qualification, where thy have a felony or need a waiver for a misdemenior offence, but having more than 2 will disqualify them. or any drug/alcohol addiction or violations.

3) they do not have the physical qualification, such that they are too fat or have medial problems which require medication or ongoing treatment to manage.

And that is just getting in the door to boot camp.

Then they must show a higher standard of all these three basic qualifications. So no matter if they are gay/happy or straight, they will need to be a 10%er. In other words they need to be the nation's top 10%.

No matter which way the gay/lisbings try to spin it, they will only qualify if they can meet the basic qualification which go far beyond their gender issues. Once they get into the military, the last thing on their mind is their gender issues.

16. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

Sexual preferences aside, dyke lesbians and bull homosexuals (as opposed to swish) have a history of being good soldiers in various societies including the USA. As was said of one female army major who retired a few years ago, she operated under the "I won't tell, and I'll kill you if you ask" policy. The fact the joke works gives you some idea of her suitability to be a soldier.

17. Kabuki Joe

Kabuki Joe New Member

...have you ever worked with a "man hater" that was in charge of men?...it's not pretty...

Kabuki Joe

18. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh, pow Baby!! Does the po widdle Right Wing Marine need to hide his wee-wee in the shower fwom those nasty ol gay boys?

Maybe those you are trying to protect need a barracks monitor so those nasty boys don't steal their lunch money, too???

19. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's funny because the only people with a problem are (*)(*)(*) draggers who shouldn't be in the military anyway if they can't serve next to someone because of an arbitrary attribute like sexuality. I'd gladly take a platoon of lesbians and ladyboys that can fight to war or a straight platoon that can't. It really doesn't matter, and if you make it matter then you're the problem. Now obviously if someone is making a situation that is uncomfortable to the entire platoon they need to be disciplined or moved to another unit, but short of the big bad gay man trying to (*)(*)(*)(*) everyone there's really no reason you can't work side by side with them.

This really isn't that big of an issue, it's not like there haven't been gays in the military this entire time; they just couldn't come out and say they were gay.

20. Really People?

Really People? New Member

I can only hope that the people in the Armed Forces are not as stupid as you seem to think they are...

21. krusewalker

krusewalker Banned

oh, you are just sooooo funny

please, you spoil me with your comedy timing and satirical quipping.

22. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

That is until the racist Woodrow Wilson segregated the military.

23. William P. Homans

William P. Homans New Member

What an arrogant, ignorant, bigoted, parochial, TERRORIZED bunch post here. I would never attack anyone personally, but this is the Tea-Partiest bunch of "gurus" and "analysts" I ever saw. Only difference between this and a Yahoo comments board is that posts are usually longer here, and all the words the Yahoos might use are automatically CENSORED here.

I have little problem with obscenity. I can always find a way to say something without resorting to a (*) (*) (*) (*) four-letter word. But I see that my post about the Parameters of Censorship or Self-Censorship has been moved or deleted, as one poster told me it would be, while asserting that as I said, it is a valid topic of discussion. But, heck, I expect you will probably censor this post too.

It's like I said: gays are going to suck up to the Republican warmongers so completely that they will be nothing more or less than a military-loving, war-supporting right-wing sociopolitical cohort.

GAYS AND LESBIANS! Just because you can join up now (and some of you will do so on no more basis than that you think men (or women) in uniforms are sexy (I have successfully counter-recruited one such twink, the son of two of my biggest musical fans, who admitted exactly that. He's got a full musical scholarship to a fine university now, and thanks me for, uh, straightening him out about the matter) doesn't mean it's RIGHT or "good" to do so.

YOU ARE NOT DEFENDING YOUR COUNTRY BY SIGNING UP TO KILL PEOPLE IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES AS PART OF THE US IMPERIALIST MISSION OF MILITARY AND ECONOMIC HEGEMONY (which is failing because it's just WRONG and brutal). YOU ARE PUTTING US MORE AT RISK.

Shame on any gay or lesbian who can not see that by joining the service (s)he is joining his/her OPPRESSORS. Just like the clueless idiots who self-identify as "Queer".

HOW FREAKING GAY IS WAR, Y'ALL? WHAT HAPPENED TO "MAKE LOVE NOT WAR"??

William P. Homans[​IMG]
    Clarksdale, Mississippi
    RA68105638
    US Army, Vietnam, 1969-70
    An Unterrorized American

24. BuckNaked

BuckNaked New Member

Homos have always been in the military doing their duty, you are delusional to believe otherwise.

25. Inphormer

Inphormer Banned

Yes, certain dirtbag ignorant Republican ********* scum would call it that.