Liberals Want a World With all Good Things Except Freedom

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Blackrook, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Liberals want a perfect world.

A world where the air is clean, the water is pure, the forests are full of wildlife.

A world where all have enough food to eat, enough medical care, adequate housing.

A world where there is no rich and no poor.

A world where all people of every race, sex, and sexual orientation live in perfect harmony.

A world where corporations put people before profits.

The only thing missing from the perfect world liberals want to create is freedom.

And I don't want to live in that perfect world.

I would rather be hungry, sick, poor and homeless if it meant I could keep my freedom.

My freedom is more precious to me than all the food you can offer, all the medical care you care to give me, all the housing you can provide.

I will not sell myself into slavery for these material things.

So, liberals, take your perfect world and shove it where the sun don't shine.

2. Guest2

Guest2 Banned

How exactly would any of those things infringe on your freedom?

3. bAd Hominemzzz

bAd Hominemzzz Banned

What the hell are you talking about?

4. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

As a liberal, I want freedom of choice, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, right to petition, and the right to bear arms (to reasonable extent) for all. Everyone is entitled to these freedoms and rights to the greatest extent without sacrificing law and order. The question is what does one define as limits on freedom, liberty, law, and order.

5. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

That is just a STUPID lie. Why did you even write that?

6. MissJonelyn

MissJonelyn New Member

Lies.

It's called 'Negative Rights'.

7. MissJonelyn

MissJonelyn New Member

It is a stupid lie. We all know that liberals want a (*)(*)(*)(*)ty world.

8. Johnny-C

I think your response is just about useless also. :(

9. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

I don't believe it's just Liberals... it's a whole group of people that believe their way of life is the only way and they'll either regulate/educate people into their ways rather than honestly debate those with opposing ideas.

Johnny-C and (deleted member) like this.
  10. MissJonelyn

MissJonelyn New Member

You don't want a (*)(*)(*)(*)ty world or perfect world. What do you want?

11. Johnny-C

You nailed it. I don't mind people 'debating' things (exchange of ideas is GOOD), but the notion that you'll get YOUR own way (only)... is foolish and ultimately counterproductive.

12. Johnny-C

Well, I want a world where people exchange ideas and work together upon solutions which benefit us all.

Sometimes we'll suck at doing that, other times we'll come up with amazingly good and practical things to apply.

The notion that one person or one side has ALL of the answers... doesn't make much sense at all.

13. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Plenty of ways. The most egregious are environmentalists who deny me consumer choice just because they feel that product is wasteful or bad for the environment. That is a direct regulation in my life when you ban my favorite products from store shelves and an infringement on my freedom.

I'm happy with the current medical insurance I have and have no need for Obamacare or Universal Health Care and attempts to "reform" the system that force me to pay even higher premiums so that my insurance company can cover people with pre-existing conditions is a violation of my individual freedom.I don't want Government as my health insurance provider and I don't want Government telling my insurance provider what to do on my behalf!

I want what Mitt Romney promised "..to make the Federal Government as inconsquential in your life as possible."

I want Federal Government off my lawn and the power returned to the State of Ohio where I have a direct vote in the matters of what goes on in my personal life.

If the majority of the People in teh State of Ohio want to ban incandescent lightbulbs then so be it. But it's bull (*)(*)(*)(*) that I have to be subject to the wants of the majority in the State of California to decide what kind of light bulbs I can own. That is the type of crap we are talking about denying us freedom.

14. MissJonelyn

MissJonelyn New Member

Well that is like having a perfect world whether you believe it or not.

One side does have all the answer. They're just answer some people don't like to hear.

I for one do not think there is a middle ground. There is no one way to solve a problem but there is only one unique goal when it all comes down to it: Will the society be better off.

15. Awryly

Awryly New Member Past Donor

How do they not want freedom? Isn't that exactly what they do want? Freedom for minorities, freedom from idiots who sacrifice their lives in oil wars? Freedom from terror engendered by greedy capitalists and failed banks?

16. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Minorities are just fine in this nation and don't need to be freed.

There are no wars for oil, that is a conspiracy theory.

Freedom from terror engendered by Greedy capitalists and failed banks? My bank works just fine, it's not failing. It holds my money and it gives it back to me when I demand it. How is that terror?

I go to the "greedy capitalist" who has a product I want to buy and I hand over my cash and I get the product in exchange. How is that not free?

17. Awryly

Awryly New Member Past Donor

Freedom from ignorance is also a fine goal.

No oil wars, huh?

18. Johnny-C

Yes, that is the question I would also ask.

19. Guest2

Guest2 Banned

I think she meant to type "Will the society to be better off"?

20. Johnny-C

Who knows? In any case, I hope the vast majority of American people realize and accept, that mutual respect and cooperation is what we need most in our society.

The BEST answers will likely NOT come from one 'side' or exclusive ideology. What has made America strong and successful, is our ability to take the diversity represented by ALL, and fashion that into a social-amalgam that ultimately benefits MOST (if not all). Anything other than that tends to be weeded-out and replaced over time; and right now, we are in the process of pulling on certain "weeds" (as we speak). It's messy and painful, but necessary.

21. Guest2

Guest2 Banned

The world needs to make the shift towards green technology.

There are many, many, less fortunate people in this country who can't afford health care. Universal, government-run health insurance is something we need to push for. I'm not saying Obama is going about it the right way, but this is something we still need nonetheless.

That's easy for the well-to-do to say. However, there are many who still need government services. Sometimes you just have to take one for the greater good.

Cutting down energy consumption is a national issue. And flourescent light bulbs save you money anyway, so I suppose it's just the principle you disagree with.

22. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Nice thread from the person who wants to force his religious beliefs upon everyone.

23. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

It will happen naturally over time as the necessity becomes clear and the technology matures over time. Attempts to force the shift early, or make it happen faster, are crippling our economies and making us less competitive with nations who simply don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) about global warming.

I don't want it. So no, you can push and I am going to push back.. hard.

I'm not well to do I"m barely scraping bottom of the middle class and only because I'm single. I pay my taxes and do what I'm supposed to do but this nation has survived on certain principles for 223 years and now all the sudden we hit a littel bump in the road of Capitalism now we have to rethink the entire way our society functions. Well no, I refuse to and I have millions and millions of Americans like me who also refuse to "take one for the greater good" because it's not for OUR greater good, but yours and is to our greater detriment.

No, it's an issue in States like California that make it an issue. In States like West Virginia and Ohio who have plentiful natural resources to generate energy.. we could give a (*)(*)(*)(*) less and it's not an issue.

You are (*)(*)(*)(*) right I disagree with the principle!

24. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Don't tell me what I want or don't want. I beleive in the core aspects of the Tea Party movement, which includes utilization of freedom of speech against the United States government. Protest is one of the most powerful ways to address the nation's grievances, and this right should not be infringed upon if done peacefully.

I beleive in the right to petition against the government. The petition that's advocating for Obama to resign is 100% justifiable under the law. I may not agree with it, but I respect it's legitimacy.

All adult citizens should have the right to bear arms, and therefore the opportunity and ability to legally own a firearm. However, there are such things such as ethical laws which limit our rights to utlizing them and carrying them in certain settings, as they should.

Whether you practice Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, and everything in between, everyone should be entitled to freedom of religion and the right to practice one's religion as guaranteed under the Bill of Rights. In my community, we have people who practice Sikhism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Christianity. I respect all of these religions, and their beleivers to practice them freely. I'm Jewish, yet I have friends that practice Islam, friends that practice Hinduism, friends that practice Sikhism, friends that practice different forms of Christianity, and friends that practice Buddhism. I don't have a problem acknowledging their religious rights and freedoms, as well as every American's religious rights and freedoms.

This is the reason why I'm disappointed towards the American people when I watch documentaries such as CNN's Unwelcome: The Muslims Next Door. The last episode I watched was about the fight to prevent a Mosque in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. It was horrible to watch Americans attempt to prevent freedom of religious practice to allow freedom of suspicion to entrench the town.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WbdNIEPE1Y"]Unwelcome: Muslims Next Door part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Although people don't like bias in the media, the press has the right under the Bill of Rights engage in those activities. You may agree or disagree with the media, but they have the right to display a particular viewpoint. Therefore, Fox News, CBS, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, etc. are engaging in lawful activities, and I respect their right to do so.

25. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

I think this sums up the Democratic vision of freedom quite nicely.