‘Racism is not all bad, is it?’

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by RevAnarchist, Sep 28, 2011.

?

true or false are these ideas racist? True means you agree they are racist

1. Using the N word or similar words but no violence is racist.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. thinking one race is either mentally or physically superior is racist?

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. hating a race just because of skin color etc is racist

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. all of the above is racist

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

Dang I messed up my poll and dont see how to edit it! just ignore poll because you can choose only one answer and that is screwed up! Sorry for the blunder my fellow members!
    Or can polls be edited ?

I think I am racist to a degree, not the murderous kind of racism displayed by the KKK or the NPP (New Black Panther Party), however I do agree with a guy that got fired for making a racist remark that most of you younger guys will not remember, Jimmy the Greek remarked that selective breeding by slave holders produced a superior black athlete on the air and not in words that nice, specifically he said ;

“ Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder is fired after 12 years as a CBS football analyst for remarks he makes to a Washington, D.C, television reporter about the physical abilities of black and white athletes. Among other things, Snyder, 70, says the black athlete is "bred to be the better athlete because, this goes all the way to the Civil War when ... the slave owner would breed his big woman so that he would have a big black kid." Snyder later apologizes for the comments but his career as a broadcaster is over. “

Is it racist to think that or to say it or both? Can true statements be racist if not blurted out to where it may be taken wrong? There are studies that suggest if not do not prove that ‘racism’ may be genetic as well! So to summarize I will say that I absolutely abhor anyone belittling someone by using racist remarks. Even though I was brought raised as a child to young adult in redneck and hillbilly land, in a culture I love save for a few things, my dad would have a serious issue (switching and worse) with anyone that used the N word in our home! I would like to make clear that I do not hate anyone because of skin color etc. But I think its an issue that needs discussing if we can do it civilly.

Rev A

2. HonestJoe

HonestJoe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Racism is treating an individual differently (better or worse) based primarily or solely on their racial grouping (actual or perceived). In some definitions, it extends to nationality and cultural groups too.

I think everyone is racist to some extent, if only subconsciously. We have a natural instinct to favour people like ourselves. That's doesn't stop it being a negative trait in pretty much any circumstances and something we should aim to minimise.

The fundamental issue is the difference between the individual and the group. It is undeniable that there are differences between racial groups. Athletic ability is a good example, though it's not as clear cut as some people (maybe in a racist way) suggest. Black people aren't (on average) better athletes. West Africans do tend to have features that aid in sprinting while East Africans have features that tend to aid in distance running. On the other hand, hammer and shot seem to favour Northern Europeans.

None of this means that any individual members of those racial groups will automatically be good at the event (or an individual member of another is automatically bad). The tendencies will shift the averages a little but there will still be extremes at either end (and professional sport is based on those extremes, not on averages). The fastest White sprinters in the world will be faster the 99% of West Africans in general.

Other more individual characteristics are just as important too. Having the potential to be the fastest sprinter in the world doesn't make it happen. It takes years of effort, commitment and sacrifice to achieve those heights and there seems to be no racial difference in the presence or lack of that commitment.

Back in the day to day world those of us who aren't international athletes, the same principals apply. Even if there is a demonstrated tendency towards a characteristic within a racial group, assuming that a random individual will automatically have that characteristic is wrong and, if you act on the assumption they do, you are likely to cause problems for them, yourself or possibly both.

In relation to your poll questions;

Words aren't racist in the same way guns don't kill people. The key is intent. It is perfectly possible to be extremely racist without using any "racist" word and it is possible to use such words in a perfectly innocent context.

Thinking a race is on average superior or inferior in a particular area isn't necessarily racist (though it's often wrong or at least grossly over-simplified). Thinking that applied to every individual within that group is racist.

Thinking something but not acting on it doesn't make it any less racist though it's obviously better to only do the former.

I'd suggest that hating someone because of their skin colour alone goes beyond racist in to a serious psychological deficiency. Then again, I find hating people at all more than a little odd (I seem to be in a minority in that though).

3. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Of course, racism is not all bad. President Obama's racism is cheered by some. Eric Holder, Justices Kagan and Sotomyor. All good racists. So, clearly, racism isn't all bad.

4. E_Pluribus_Venom

E_Pluribus_Venom Well-Known Member

No, but they're racially inflammatory statements to make... and the difference between "racist" and "racially inflammatory" should be recognized.

True or false are excused in order to recognize whether or not something is appropriate for the arena in which it's used. The truth in the commentators statement is also highly subjective, as people of color aren't automatically predisposed to the mesomorph somatotypes desirable for most sports. I'd venture to claim that certain goals & aspirations may be popular within certain cultures that tend to effect the representation in the field.

5. hvywgt250

hvywgt250 New Member

We are now told,that a far less important risk, a danger of a much lesser magnitude, which is purely theoretical and NOT, in fact, happening all over the world like the death of the white race is--that racism will lead to a new holocaust, or harm dark skinned people in some way--means we must lay down and die. Means the white race must perish. The risk, you see, is simply too high. If we don’t lay down and die, someone might get hurt. Just imagine the horrible future where africans are no longer butchering, raping, mutilating and infecting each other because evil white racists got rid of them! Just imagine how many fewer drug wars, gang wars, and bankruptices South America would have if evil white racists succeeded in getting rid of hispanics! Just imagine how many fewer slum cities, rat worshippers, and medidative trancers India would hold if whites were to replace them! Just imagine how many fewer beheadings, burqas, and terrorist bombings would occur if we were to so cruelly wipe out the muslims! And then think of all that rich diverse food we could no longer eat!

Yes, racism is bad, you see, because in one case an inferior race might get harmed, whereas right now we are only sure that the superior race, with superior accomplishments, superior civilization, superior wealth, superior technology, superior looks, superior traditions and superior thinking is only sure to die. Better to not take the risk! We don’t want to rock the boat after all!

6. speedingtime

speedingtime Banned at Members Request

The fact that people can get their career's ended for statements like these is a travesty. See James Watson for another example. I realize that it's a touchy subject, but the media is hypersensitive about it to the point of absurdity.

Remarking on racial group differences does not make one a bigot. Now, if you were to see someone of a different race and assume that he has certain traits because many people of his race do, that would be racist.

7. RevAnarchist

So you are saying that Jimmy the greek really got fired for having no tact eh? If so I agree.

Rev A

8. RevAnarchist

Agreed.

RA

9. RevAnarchist

I understand what you are saying, we white guys are wussies. Well they are, not me. Ha ha

Rev A

10. RevAnarchist

I agree the world has gone completely political correctness nutty . The I man made a harsh statement in jest but was canned for it too. Man I was angry at NBC, I am always angry at MSNBC tho'. Say something that is mildly anti black and you are a KKK dude with a hanging rope under your robe, call a white guy a murderous cracker etc and nothing is said. Remember the new black panther party guys carrying clubs outside a voting booth intimidating voters? They were wearing the black Panther garb etc. Can you imagine if that were reversed and it was sheet wearing KKK members wielding clubs at a voting area? The national guard would be swarming them post haste.

I could go on but for what reason?

Rev A

11. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

Everyone is bigoted in some way. Leftists tend to be very bigoted against certain religions (or all of them depending upon how truly stupid they are). I have friends on the left who routinely spew negativity toward certain religious sects.

I have my own prejudices like every single other person whop has ever lived, save perhaps, Jesus Christ, Ghandi and Buddha. it's a natural part of being a flawed human being.

12. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

As to the poll, I vote None of Thee Above.

13. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

I think a large part of racism has to do with one race believing that another race is getting unfair preferential treatment from our government by using our tax monies to sponge off of the system. Further racist behavior from a particular race perhaps comes from knowing that the other race in question doesn't respect or show any appreciation for all of the sacrifices the other race is going through in order to help the so-called oppressed race.

14. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Factual statements by themselves cannot be racist. If a person interprets an objective, factually provable statement as racist just because it portrays them in a negative light, that does not make the statement racist. It makes the person too sensitive. However, if a person uses that same factual statement to condemn and tear down someone it does not apply to simply because they share the same skin color, that is racist.

For example, stating that blacks commit more crime than whites is not racist. But saying to someone, "You're a criminal because you're black," is racist.

Personally, I think racism is an overrated topic. It's certainly not good, but people act like it is the greatest sin a person can commit. I posted a thread here awhile back asking which was worse; a racist or a rapist. And surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly), there were actually people trying to argue that being prejudiced was worse than committing sexual assault. If the sheer absurdity of that argument is not blatantly obvious to someone then they are a lost cause.

15. Zook

Zook New Member

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being racist and racism is completely natural.

What most people tend to do is look at the violent killings of such groups like the KKK and lump all racists as being evil murderers. WRONG! No one is more peaceful than me. I just don't want to live near nasty, horrible, aggressive, violent, ignorant, obnoxious, lazy people and that usually means blacks.

Racism doesn't automatically mean violence and murder. There's nothing bad about experiencing a certain race and then not wanting to be around that race based on your time with them. Most racists abhor violence and and murder... which is why they're racist in the first place, considering blacks do the majority of the violent killings.

People should stop worrying about being seen as racist and start worrying about the overwhelming decline of our society at the hands of black "people."

16. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

Yesterday someone was laughing saying you had been banned. Glad to see you hammering away with the facts per ususal.

17. RevAnarchist

Great posts everyone. I thought I would get thumped on, this place is not as liberal as I first suspected, and that is a gooood thing!

Rev A

18. Zook

Zook New Member

People would laugh if I got banned permanently. They'd be ecstatic. They can't handle the truth from a racial realist's perspective. They'd love to censor people like us. :)

19. Sadistic-Savior

Sadistic-Savior New Member Past Donor

The two middle options are racist. Because they require you to apply traits to people based on race.

Calling someone a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) does not necessarily make you racist. Especially if it is used ironically or as humor.

20. Sadistic-Savior

So you recognize racial bigotry as a flaw. Good.

21. Sadistic-Savior

You did not get banned for revealing the truth. You got banned for violating the TOS for the forum.

You people get banned for that stuff on here all the time. You just cant help yourselves. I am sure you will manage to perma-ban yourself eventually, heh heh.

You have not been censored. Racist ideas are posted on here all the time. You just can post personal insults or use profanity.

22. Zook

Zook New Member

"You people?"

"YOU PEOPLE????"

That sounds like an insult to me. :)

Anyway, I rest my case. You laughed at the end after you mentioned perma-banned.

23. Sadistic-Savior

Did I stutter?

Why do you take it as an insult?

Because I think it is probably inevitable. But go ahead and surprise me. Maybe you'll be the exception to the rule.

24. hvywgt250

hvywgt250 New Member

yea I guess besides m79's and c4.....an m107 LRSR in the right hands makes us white wussies somewhat dangerous...

25. RevAnarchist

Finally someone to gang up on! Hey have you seen the studies on the racist gene?

Rev A