+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 50%of husbands have hit their spouse at least once.

1. Default

There are marriages where the man is mentally unstable or sick and beats the woman because he can and with no provacation from the woman needed.

But...I've seen enough couples where the woman is the initiater... throws things, hits, slaps and then threatens to call the police when the man reacts or even holds her back. I tend to think that scenerio might be more common.

2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

3. Default

What if this is not a gender question? People who are not very secure in themselves, allow their partners to hit them, if they think they remain loved and needed after that. For these "victims", it is the illusion of it that is the most important thing in their lives.

With that said, men sustain no demage when hit by women, until the woman starts cutting them. So this playing field is uneven.

I think the victims of domestic violance should be considered perpetrators too, because they insert their children into the pattern for continuation in the next generation. Once that happens, there is no way to save the victim/perpetrator.

Just remember, all marriages end in death or divorce.

australia au queensland
    Location: QLD, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Orion Spur, Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by spt5 View Post
    What if this is not a gender question? People who are not very secure in themselves, allow their partners to hit them, if they think they remain loved and needed after that. For these "victims", it is the illusion of it that is the most important thing in their lives.

With that said, men sustain no demage when hit by women, until the woman starts cutting them. So this playing field is uneven.

I think the victims of domestic violance should be considered perpetrators too, because they insert their children into the pattern for continuation in the next generation. Once that happens, there is no way to save the victim/perpetrator.
    So being bashed in the head by a heavy pot won't hurt a man? GOOD TO KNOW!

6. Default

50%? I think this shows how admirable the restraint is among husbands. As a husband, who knows lots of other husbands, I would say approximately 100% of wives have deserved a good smack at least once.

twitter.com/BullsLawDan <~ My Twitter (may be NSFW). Follow me!

"But it wasn't until he met his beautiful wife that he learned using logic and reason isn't enough. You have to be a dick to everyone who doesn't think like you." - South Park on Richard Dawkins

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerkampfwagen View Post
    So being bashed in the head by a heavy pot won't hurt a man? GOOD TO KNOW!
    Woops, that didn't happen to me yet, kicks with high heels, slaps, and the likes thereof only. Not anything that can be called an assault, or could wind me up, I think. I think a woman is only dangerous if she has something to cut with in her hand. I may be wrong though. I can't imagine being afraid for my safety under the attack of a woman. (Maybe because of her shape or face or long hair.)

8. Default

There are some guys my wife has put in the hospital that would disagree with you! Offhand, I can think of two...one with a broken sternum, one with ruptured testicles and a fractured pelvis.
    Jarlaxle Baenre
    ----------------------------------------------------
    You're never alone because you can put on the 'phones, just let the drummer tell your heart what to do...
    ---Jim Steinman

I am a firm believer in capital punishment. Everyone in the Capital should be punished.

9. Default

Woops, that didn't happen to me yet, kicks with high heels, slaps, and the likes thereof only. Not anything that can be called an assault, or could wind me up, I think. I think a woman is only dangerous if she has something to cut with in her hand. I may be wrong though. I can't imagine being afraid for my safety under the attack of a woman. (Maybe because of her shape or face or long hair.)
    Actually, one of the simpler ways for a woman to dispose of a dirtbag husband is a simple loop of piano wire or heavy fishing line. A twelve-year-old could kill an NFL linebacker that way.
    Jarlaxle Baenre
    ----------------------------------------------------
    You're never alone because you can put on the 'phones, just let the drummer tell your heart what to do...
    ---Jim Steinman

I am a firm believer in capital punishment. Everyone in the Capital should be punished.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Traditionalist View Post
    Do you believe this statement? I came across it when I was reading an article that was about myths and facts regarding domestic violence. Now before the men go getting all defensive, I am not a man hater and not of the belief ''once a hitter always a hitter'', BUT it is not hard to believe. My guess is that if a couple has been married 10 plus yrs, but got married really young, that the ''one time'', could have been when they were still young ''minded'' and or wet behind the ears.

Do you think 50% is an exxageration or right on the mark?
    It would depend if the comment was referring to globally or of a particular nation. If just an Arab nation, would probably be higher for instance. Globally I wouldn't doubt it, maybe higher as well. Western Europe, America, Canada, or Australia, I'd say extremely lower.
    Funny how when one talks of trade, national borders are imaginary. When one talks of immigration, national borders are imaginary. But when one talks of expansionism and imperialism, national borders become very real.

I am Nationalist Capitalist. Labor in control of the state, with the means of production in private hands.

I am an American, "Progress" is a word used by those who make things worse. I cringe when I see it.

11. Default So don't get married

I realized my limitations at the age of 25.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast