Obama Strips Ford of Free Speech Rights

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by SiliconMagician, Oct 2, 2011.

1. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

A good company, standing on its own two feet and didn't require bailouts brags about that fact in an ad as a selling point and a jab at Obama, so what happens? The White House calls down to "discuss the ad" with Ford execs and the ad gets pulled?

This TYRANNY has got to be stopped! The White House had no business calling anyone at Ford about this ad or intimidating them into a pulling it. The Thugocracy at work.

2. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Apparently the far right-wing has lost touch with reality if they think that a call from the White House constitutes "tyranny".

3. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Really?

The message is clear. If you dare have enough real money and power in this country to present a viable public opinion that is counterintuitive to Obama(and your) ideological standpoint. You will be threatened into silence with regulatory and labor extortion through the auspices of the EPA and NLRB and if possible the labor unions, Obama's personal secret police agency.

4. venik

venik New Member

The call obviously told or forced Ford to take the ad down.

That is not tyrannical *how*?

The far left has lost touch with reality if they think that making reason-backed arguments is not the most convincing form of argument. Where's your reason? All I see is a sheeped out statement.

5. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

I would definitely consider the White House's actions unethical. Utilizing the word "tyrannical" is pushing it. However, I need to do some research on this matter before considering the legitimacy of this article.

6. toddwv

Yes. Definitely. You left out the part where they allegedly threatened to kill all the puppies.

Do you have the transcript to this Call of Tyranny? An audio file? I'd LOVE to hear what the Voice of Tyranny sounds like.

7. Questerr

Questerr Banned

Andexactly what proof exists besides the word of a nobody Detroit reporter?

8. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

The President of the United States of America, or one of his close advisors, calls Ford execs up to "discuss" an ad their company put up embarrassingly lambasting the President's actions in the economy in a way that is visceral and popular with with the American People... and said ad disappears from the airwaves in an instant.

That fact alone speaks for itself. A phone call should've never been made, period.

9. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

Let's step back a minute and remember that our current POTUS didn't start the bailout process. What if the Bush Administration had called Ford in '08 and told them not to run this ad? Would you be so quick to attempt a rebuttal of sorts if someone called this a form of tyranny?

10. toddwv

Yeah. "Obviously".

11. toddwv

Yeah. It's RIDICULOUS to call this tyranny. It's just hyperbole.

12. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

Give me a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing break. You're more off your rocker than Glenn Beck.

13. penguin1634

penguin1634 New Member

Okay, let's chill out here and take it for what it's worth. If Ford decided for themselves that they should pull the ad down on nothing but their own judgement, then it isn't tyranny. If the White House intimidated them in any way, then something is definitely up and it is wrong. I need more info before I call tyranny on this one.

Either way though it smells fishier than a penguin's morning breath.