President Obama: America 'Not Better Off' Today than Four Years Ago

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

He said the same thing about the stimulus 3 years ago. It didn't work then, what make him think just a little more will fix it? It's been said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. This is what the Obama administration doing. It's obvious it's amateur hour in Washington DC. While it would be funny, the problem is he's gambling and losing with OUR money, putting this country in the biggest financial hole it's ever seen. $4 trillion in new debt since he took office and unemployment is STILL over 9%. When will this guy and the Democrats get a clue their plans are NOT WORKING??? They won't, that's why it's imperative to get them out of power in the Senate in 2012. Even if the Republican party can only muster Boobies as candidates and Obama gets re-elected, his agenda will wither on the vine without Democrat control in Congress. It's time to neuter this Capon.

2. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Oh so now he is going to play the victim in all of this...LMFAO!!!!

3. Guest2

Guest2 Banned

This election will be interesting..

4. rstones199

rstones199 Well-Known Member

I hate to break it to ya, but if McCain would have won, we would be in the same situation.

After 30+ years of reckless spending by both parties, the 46th, maybe 47th president will see a good economy. The 45th will be the same as the 44th - A puppet who's only choice is to be a puppet.

5. Professor Peabody

As we get closer to Nov 2012, expect him to play the "blame Bush" card

6. Professor Peabody

$4 trillion more in debt....really? Somehow, I doubt the Democrat "reward their donors" Porkulus bill would have passed and we wouldn't have wasted near a trillion dollars in just one year on something that just didn't do anything for unemployment. We're still over 9% don'tcha know.

7. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Well he's done that all along and guess it is losing steam, so now he thought he'd play victim. You can't make this (*)(*)(*)(*) up.

Desperate, grasping at straws and hail Mary.

8. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

It's a drag on his Presidency??? Like he has nothing to do with it? He should GO just for that crap. WHO does he think he's fooling with that BS? ROFL

9. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Bozo, the clown has to do something and this is his next act - you know, like he recently cried "If you love me, you'll pass this bill!".... now comes more drama from Obama - boo hooing and sniveling about how rough his job is and it's not his fault ...:twisted:

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Mad Conservative

Mad Conservative New Member

And we've already heard about how "depressed" he is.

Just what we all want - a depressed person in charge of our nuclear arsenal.

If it weren't so scary it would be funny.

11. rstones199

Yep, and McCain would have done a much better job :laughing:

He would have the housing crisis solved and the employment rate would be at 3% right :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter who would have won in 08....we would not be better off in 4 years. This will take 10+ years to recover, if we ever do.

12. conBgone

conBgone Banned

You don't get it, do you?
    We don't know what the fabulous McPalin would have committed this country to, but we do know, against non-stop adversion by many, is that under Obama's watch he took Bush's impending uber-National crisis and stopped the screeching decline near dead in it's tracks and against total partisan opposition of historic proportions, he reversed the economic freefall and had us on a bumpy road back towards Clintonian style insanity, the good old days.
    THEN, cons put party way over country and purposely stalled the Obama recovery at every turn and poisoned the air with hate and rage to make us all suffer, thinking it would be their best chance at recovering power so they could finish us off.

13. Professor Peabody

You can hypothetical all you want, all we need to know is what Obama is doing to see what an abject failure his policies are. We are living them.

14. Professor Peabody

You keep believing in fantasy's. The bottom line is unemployment has only dipped under 9% for 2 months after the stimulus, underemployment is over 16%, gasoline is near $4 a gallon and food prices are still skyrocketing. 2012 will be another rout like the midterms in 2010. The Democrats and the Obama administration can't deliver on the promises made in 2008, that's obvious. The Democrat party will be marginalized and destine to walk the political wilderness for at least a generation. Adios Muchacho!

Hummingbird and (deleted member) like this.
  15. rstones199

I don't think anyone gets it.

What has O-BUM-ba done to fix the housing crisis? He hasn't done anything. We are in the same mess as we were 3/4 years ago. The fed has lowered rates to give the banksters a chance to keep their heads above water. Its hard NOT to make $$$ when interest rates are at 0. I don’t see foreclosures going down and property values going up. Until this is fixed, we are doomed.

All O-BUM-ba did, was put a band-aid on a flat tire and said, lets keep on trucking. Yup, he stopped the 'screeching decline' we were in allright :laughing:

Hummingbird and (deleted member) like this.
  16. conBgone

conBgone Banned

Your fantasy is deluding yourself that under Bush we were doomed and he handed Obama the worst pile in history, of which he turned into near gold, but your guys killed it. Screw them. Now we're stuck with what you spewed at Obama. It would have been way worse without Obama, so suck on that.

Let's make a date for election day, right here, a whole year + from now, and see who's freaking out, k?
    If the election were now, sure, he'd have a rough time, but each week is going to get worse and worse for the nasties in this country, and by D-Day it's going to be war at the polls, and buddy I'll be here with flowers for you, in the form of lillys.

17. rstones199

And McPalin would have been better? :laughing:

You should take your own advice:

18. Hummingbird

Very well said and right on the mark!

But he's to busy chugalugging down his Kool-aid to pay attention to reality.

19. conBgone

conBgone Banned

Much of that is true, but sheesh, what do you expect the guy to do against all odds?
    Quit whining and start kicking con asses!
    Too bad we can't sit and watch the alternatives of what could have been without Obama. It'd probably be friggin hairraising, just like it was 2 3/4 years ago with Bush.

20. Professor Peabody

You are quite the dreamer.

No President since FDR has ever been re-elected when unemployment is over 8%. Could it happen, yes. Could a cow jump over the moon, sure in the same arena Obama gets re-elected.

21. rstones199

Against all odds? WTF????

THE dumbocrates held both chambers of congress. What did they do? Did they try and fix the housing mess? Hell no....they tried ram a healthcare bill down Americas throats.

Its funny you say, 'Quit whining and start kicking con asses'. That’s the problem with this country. We have had 30 years of over spending. And now we have a real mess together. Instead of banding together to try and actually fix these problems, both parties just blame the other side and only does whats best for their party. And its just keeps getting worse and worse each year.

You do realize our credit rating was dropped because we do not have the political wherewithal to fix our problems right? We have the economical wherewithal, just not the political. That speaks volumes on the bull(*)(*)(*)(*) going on up in DC.

Mark my words, IF (and that is a BIG IF) we survive this housing crisis, it will 10 take years for us to dig ourselves out of this hole. Presidents #45 and #46 will be just as irrelevant as O-bum-a. MY money is on a dollar collapse that will happen. This will be fast and swift. This is not what I want by any stretch of the imagination. But while both parties only care about their partisan politics, I see no other conclusion.

22. Hummingbird

Probably not, but seriously - could McCain or anyone else have been any WORSE? No way.....

And let's face it - we didn't have a good choice. We had McCain, an old warhorse, who had his age against him and he wasn't a fighter..... against this much younger guy who came across w/charisma and rock-star quality, which wowed the younger people and the blacks believed their found their Messiah....

Watching Obama w/his smooth, glib style, I knew he'd win ..... and I'll tell ya, from the very beginning of watching him wow the sheep, leaving them mesmerized, I didn't trust him - I don't trust narcissistic personalities and he is definitely one.........

23. Hummingbird

Very well said.......

24. rstones199

Sure we had a choice.

United States presidential election, 2008

We had 6 candidates running:

Barack Obama - Democrat
    John McCain - Republican
    Ralph Nader - Independent
    Bob Barr - Libertarian
    Chuck Baldwin - Constitution
    Cynthia McKinney - Green

But let me guess, you only thought we had 2 candidates. I voted for Bob Barr personally. Its funny you mentioned how another poster is drinking the kool-aid. By constantly voting for the dems or reps, that is all you are doing. Drinking the kool-aid given out by these two crap parties,and both parties are crap IMHO.

25. Professor Peabody

I voted for Baldwin.

rstones199 and (deleted member) like this.