CBS News Reporter Says White House Screamed, Swore at Her Over Fast and Furious

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DonGlock26, Oct 5, 2011.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

CBS News Reporter Says White House Screamed, Swore at Her Over Fast and Furious

The Fast and Furious scandal, in which the Justice Department knowingly gave Mexican criminal gangs thousands of guns, just keeps escalating. The latest development centers around whether or not Attorney General Eric Holder lied to Congress about having knowledge of the controversial gun trafficking operation. Recently released documents say Holder was briefed about the operation long before he told the Judiciary Committee he was first aware of what was going on. (Holder now claims he misunderstood the question was being asked.)

What's more, CBS News investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson -- who's been covering the scandal from the beginning -- says in an interview on the Laura Ingraham Show today that the White House and Justice Department have taken to screaming at her for reporting on the story. You can listen to the full interview below, but here are the key excerpts from Attkisson:

In between the yelling that I received from Justice Department yesterday, the spokeswoman--who would not put anything in writing, I was asking for her explanation so there would be clarity and no confusion later over what had been said, she wouldn't put anything in writing--so we talked on the phone and she said things such as the question Holder answered was different than the one he asked. But he phrased it, he said very explicitly, 'I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.'

Ingraham: So they were literally screaming at you?
    Attkisson: Yes. Well the DOJ woman was just yelling at me. The guy from the White House on Friday night literally screamed at me and cussed at me. [Laura: Who was the person? Who was the person at Justice screaming?] Eric Schultz. Oh, the person screaming was [DOJ spokeswoman] Tracy Schmaler, she was yelling not screaming. And the person who screamed at me was Eric Schultz at the White House."

Finally, Attkisson notes that the White House is claiming that a thorough investigation of the scandal is unwarranted:

[The White House and Justice Department] will tell you that I'm the only reporter--as they told me--that is not reasonable. They say the Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, the New York Times is reasonable, I'm the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I'm unfair and biased by pursuing it.

Here's the audio from the interview:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...d-swore-her-over-fast-and-furious_595011.html

Screaming? Look, Holder has been caught lying or being extremely negligent. Obama should have fired him long ago, but Holder is merely doing his master's bidding. Perhaps, that's why the WH is screaming....

_

2. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ahh, transparency....

DonGlock26 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

It works for them though most of the time. Think about that posting I made about Ford (Obama Strips Ford of Free Speech Rights) and how they called up the Ford execs and suddenly the ad got pulled.

If they could scream at Ford and get them to back down, what makes you think they'd hesitate to use the same tactic on a female investigative reporter? It's Thugocracy up there.

webrockk and (deleted member) like this.
  4. DonGlock26

We will simply have to take out the "Chicago way" trash in November 2012.

_

5. DonGlock26

That was, perhaps, Obama's greatest lie.

_

webrockk and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

We'll make them an offer they can't refuse.

7. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

My, my.

It sounds like the rest of the lib news media lapdogs for Obama are playing ball but only the Attkisson woman at CBS refuses to fetch like she was trained to do.

8. DonGlock26

That is telling, isn't it. Lap dogs to the nth degree.

9. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

When means to an end is the method to ones madness, truth is never reasonable.

10. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

It's sad, no criminal indeed when The Attorney General of The United States of America can't understand a simple question. Maybe someone should have asked the janitor instead. As for the screaming...it's called the last resort.

11. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

These comments were very revealing.

What's more, CBS News investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson -- who's been covering the scandal from the beginning -- says in an interview on the Laura Ingraham Show today that the White House and Justice Department have taken to screaming at her for reporting on the story. You can listen to the full interview below, but here are the key excerpts from Attkisson:

In between the yelling that I received from Justice Department yesterday, the spokeswoman--who would not put anything in writing, I was asking for her explanation so there would be clarity and no confusion later over what had been said, she wouldn't put anything in writing--so we talked on the phone and she said things such as the question Holder answered was different than the one he asked. But he phrased it, he said very explicitly, 'I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.'

12. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Hope and change! transparency! love! communism!

13. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

So why is she still allowed to cover White House business? They can revoke her access and I would after this.

14. Radio Refugee

Radio Refugee New Member

For 'reasonable' substitute 'fellating Obama'.

I want a responsible media. Doesn't look good.

15. paco

paco New Member

CBS is a big acronym in the liberal media. To paraphrase one of Obama's favorite old sayings: The lie has now become "too big to hide".