Attack on the Catholic Church -- From the Right

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Blackrook, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Interesting website, I found the link on Drudge Report:

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/

Most attacks on the Catholic Church are from the left.

But there are also Catholics who have split off to the right. Catholics who reject Vatican II and have declared the Popes after John XXIII to be anti-Popes.

They are loud but few in number. Mel Gibson is one of them.

Interestingly, the owners of the site believe UFO are spiritual phenonemon caused by Satan, not spaceships from other planets.

The owners of the site are against all birth control -- even natural family planning.

The owners believe that the vast majority of people are going to hell -- including most Catholics. Which is no wonder, because one act of masturbation is enough to go to hell.

The owners are between a rock and a hard place because they simultaneously defend the Catholic Church as the one true church all the way until Vatican II -- but then attack it as the Whore of Babylon now.

How to explain why the Holy Spirit let the Catholic Church get off the rails like that?

2. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

They've been around for a while. I used to argue with Sedevacantists all the time on the Hannity forums.

3. Quantrill

Quantrill New Member

Every Church, Catholic or Protestant is prone to get off track. Because there is a spiritual war going on. And the Church is the center of it, or the front line of it.

The older the Church is, the more attacks and warfare it has endured and weakened. The Catholic Church has been a great defender of the faith of Christians over centuries. And they have suffered much in Satans attacks, which pertain to doctrine.

I find the same true with the oldest of the Protestant denominations. Satan has planted seeds of false doctrine in them also.

This becomes very difficult to change. Because those who come to leadership postions do so not always based on the Scriptural definition. And those who are gifted of God to serve in these postions, are rejected by those already there because they recognize in them the difference.

Case in point...Jesus Christ.

It goes this way because there is a real war going on in the spiritual realm. The only hope is to get back to the Bible. Back to the Word of God.

Quantrill

4. OverDrive

OverDrive Well-Known Member Past Donor

A short story I would like to relate that shows some 'bigotry' on the part of certain religious denominations:

As I said several times B4, I was raised Roman Catholic. Never encountered any discrimination as such having been raised as a milt. brat and traveled around the U.S. and foreign countries.

My dad retired in a N. Dallas suburb when I was a HS Soph, and I soon got my taste of religious bigotry. I had made friends with an attractive girl (who later became band Sweetheart) and we really hit it off. I had heard that she was a 'strict Southern Baptist' and didnt 'dance,' but I kept our relationship going, not knowing what 'strict' really meant. One day she asked me what church I attended, and I replied, "St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church." I got a cold "Oh," and that was the last time that we ever talked!! I soon became familiar with the S. Baptist 'love' and being treated as an 'apostate!'

As a former Roman Catholic who now carries no label (I spent several weeks in the library researching the many Christian denominations and found them all with their own individual probs), I try not to attack particular denominations, but will input with postings using scripture as the occasions arise to bring illumination on general doctrinal errors..

5. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

It sounds like they're trying to compete with the Westboro Baptist Church.

6. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

It does. I have seen a website of one former Catholic priest who declared himself Pope of his own version of the Catholic Church. He somehow found the right outfit and everything.

7. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

These people just haven't found the right medication yet.