Woman who shot husband 11 times found not guilty of murder.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Courtney203, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

2. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

This is BS. Why didn't she leave the guy? She wanted his paycheck. Now she'll get his pension and prolly a huge life insurance settlement from the state.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

I guess anyone can gun down people who threaten them now.

_

4. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

From the article:

Sheehan's lawyers successfully argued that she fired only after her husband threatened to kill her, and Sheehan and her grown children had testified about the violent household ruled by Raymond Sheehan, 49, a former New York City Police sergeant.

I'm not making excuses for her, but everyone has their breaking point and apparently, she reached hers......

I hate violence - won't even watch violent movies. I don't understand why she didn't try to get herself & her kids into a women's support shelter, but often the threat "when I find you and I will, I will kill you" will often stop her from leaving........

Also, w/him being a cop, he would know where all the shelters are.... and calling the cops on your cop husband or even former cop is a joke......

Ever read the book, see the movie "The Burning Bed"? The 1st case of a woman acquited of deliberately killing her husband - after he went to sleep. He was one sadistic SOB and couldn't get away from him.....

5. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

Regaudless, she should have contacted the police to solve the situation. Of course the kids are going to come to the defense of their mother. What would you expect. The article also states that he was in the bathroom shaving when he was shot. She shot him with 2 guns... Sounds more like anger than self defense.

6. Hummingbird

I have a close friend who was married to the sheriff of the city they lived in in CA - he beat her for years and sometimes their 3 sons. She would call the cops, but after awhile she gave up expecting his friends and co-workers to help her b/c they wouldn't......

Kids will defend their mother when she's telling the truth since they also had to live w/the violent father......

I think this is more than just 'anger' - it's more like going off the deep end. It happens.....

7. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

So if she called the cops and said that her ex cop of a husband was beating her, who do you think the cops would believe? The word of a woman, or the word of her policeman husband?

8. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

I typically cheer when a chronic womanizer finally gets his, but this does seem rather excessive. The article doesn't really give enough information about the events that took place. It says that he pointed a gun at her head, and then she shot him... so did she snag up a gun and start firing as he was pointing the gun at her head (which seems unlikely) or did she wait until he went back to continue shaving and then start firing? And then obviously... 11 rounds from two different guns?!... then calling 911 and saying "I think he's dead.". There might be more in order than simple gun charges.

9. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Good riddance to her husband. I'm sure she's not the only person he's beaten...

10. DonGlock26

The one with the bruises?

_

11. k995

k995 Well-Known Member

So when an unknown person threatens to kill you, you can shoot them, but when your husband says that you arent allowed to do that?

Why else have a gun then to protect you from abusive husbands?

12. DonGlock26

You sure about that?

_

13. k995

k995 Well-Known Member

Isnt that what guns are for to protect yourself?

14. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

You have not watched the show cops.. If a womanclaims her hisband hit her and has a bruise, even if the man claims thatbruise came from her :bump:hitting him, the guy goes to jail. Do you think a manin this situation would be let off the hook if he had claimed self defense agains his wife in the same situation?

15. superbadbrutha

superbadbrutha Banned

How many times in the past had she contacted the police and what actions were taken by them.

I wonder how many times they couldn't come to her defense.

Could be anger, but I would probably be angry to at someone who had been beating the hell out of me for years.

16. rstones199

rstones199 Well-Known Member

Cops (the show)? really? REALLY? :laughing:

theunbubba and (deleted member) like this.
  17. EMTdaniel86

EMTdaniel86 Banned

If the women comes to the front door with sings of being abused such as bleeding, and burses. Who do you think the cops are going to believe at that point?

18. Traditionalist

Traditionalist New Member

Does anybody remember Drew peterson? He beat his wife(ves) and got away with it, then he murdered his last wife and finally got brought in a few yrs later. He had cops covering for him, look it up. It's funny how someone can post a link showing police using excessive force and the majority of posters will say cops are crooked, cops are pigs, but yet are so naive to think that cops won't cover for each other even in cases of domestic violence. Oh and might I add, stats show the domestic violence is highest among LEO's. I don't know enough about this case to say she should be a free woman, but the fact that all her kids (not just one) said he was abusive would cause me to believe there was previous violence.

I'm an adult and if my mom was on trial for killing my dad, you would not find me making up stuff just so she could walk away free, and I'm sure the rest of you feel the same.

19. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

The police would "believe the one with the bruises"? :roll: You are kidding, right?

Here's the photo of the guy Fullerton police claimed "resisted arrest", and generated NO charges or even review of the police until the guy's dad started screaming, and protesters marched and private video was released.

[​IMG]

20. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Banned

He was a COP. The only thing calling the police would accomplish would be to get her another beating (and maybe a nice rape before, during, and/or after)...and being a cop, he probably knew how to pound her senseless without leaving a mark!

21. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

You are overlooking the pharmacist who was convicted of murder for defending himself against a robber.

22. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Only in New York; maybe California. Wouldn't happen in Texas.

11 times; two guns....while her husband was shaving......and not guilty.

Freaking amazing.

23. Hummingbird

"Cops" is a tv series - a camera is following their every move. Of course, they will arrest the abusive cop husband, if there was one, b/c they have no choice.....

Now getting back to reality - the wife of an abusive cop does not get any protection from his co-workers & pals. In my friends case, they would answer Mary's call about him beating her, he would give them some story about they got into a little tussle, Mary fell against something and got bruised ..... whatever story he gave them, they believed him - plus the fact, that he was the sheriff, so they weren't going to risk losing their jobs......

I have a lot of respect for LE - that is the good ones. I know a couple who are really decent guys and have good reputations, one is a friend of my kids that they had gone thru HS with .... BUT there are some really bad apples out there also just like w/good judges, bad judges; good lawyers, bad lawyers; good doctors, bad doctors, etc etc..........

There are some women who are downrite wicked and those who are in a loveless marriage don't care how they hurt their husbands, even assaulting him until he has to fight back and then he goes to jail........

24. Hummingbird

Drew Peterson is one cop I hope will be locked up forever. IIRC, he had 4 wives. The 3rd wife 'drowned' in a dry bathtub, according to the autopsy. Her body was exhumed later and the new ME found her skull battered - now they determined it wasn't a 'drowning' in a dry tub afterall, but she had been killed...... this dead wife had told family/friends she was scared he would kill her.......

Wife #4, Stacy, mother of 2 of his kids suddenly disappeared - still hasn't been found and all the time they were searching for her, DP was smirking..... the last I heard, they hauled the smirking SOB off to jail, but don't know what's happened since...........

25. Hummingbird

[B"]The defense said he had grabbed a gun he kept in the bathroom and pointed it at her head, and she shot him in self defense."[/B]

When she shot him, he dropped his gun and she emptied the one he dropped into him.... she probably went off the deep end, just like the woman in "The Burning Bed" where the woman had reached the point of insanity after another brutal beating and waited until he went to sleep, then set the bed on fire.......

There's some pretty horrific true stories out there about the sadistic abuse that's inflicted upon women & children and this is another one.......