+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Marrying animals to be allowed?

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Winter View Post
    Clegg's great law reform turns to farce as people call for murder and marrying horses to be allowed


    "It was announced with much fanfare as the move that would finally let the public break free from an interfering and overbearing state.

    But when Nick Clegg invited people to name bad laws they wanted scrapped, ending a ban on marrying horses was probably not what he had in mind.

    Within minutes of the Deputy Prime Minister telling the public to reclaim their ' freedom', the exercise descended into farce.

    A Government website crashed after dozens of outlandish suggestions were submitted....

    One contributor called for a ban on marrying horses to be lifted. The writer said: 'I have been going out with a horse for seven - very happy - years now. Why oh why can we not marry - or at least civilly partner like the gays can?"

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1aBkstY22

    Really,if gays marriges are allowed,why not?

    Your opinion?
    Animals are property. It would be like returning to the days of "traditional marriage" when the wife was property.
    "The principle that the end justifies the means is, in individualist ethics, regarded as the denial of all morals. In collectivist ethics it becomes necessarily the supreme rule" -- F. A. Hayek.
    "A day, an hour, of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage" -- Joseph Addison's "Cato, A Tragedy" (1713)
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Meh. No one in the gay rights movement is pushing for laws that allow people to marry unconsenting animals. It is a strawman. The slippery slope need not apply.
    That is the strawman. Once courts started dismantling the traditional definition of one man/one woman marriage to accomodate same-sex marriages, who on this planet was surprised that first the bigamists (slippery slope argument, we were told) and now these sick animal people (another slippery slope argument, we were told) have come to stand in the same line as the gays? Who's next in line?

    That there are those seemingly ignorant of the momentum opening this pandora's box has created is, in fact, the slippery slope.

  3. Default

    Why is anyone responding to this moronic thread?

  4. Default

    Is that a response, or a rhetorical question?

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chance the Gardener View Post
    That is the strawman. Once courts started dismantling the traditional definition of one man/one woman marriage to accomodate same-sex marriages, who on this planet was surprised that first the bigamists (slippery slope argument, we were told) and now these sick animal people (another slippery slope argument, we were told) have come to stand in the same line as the gays? Who's next in line?

    That there are those seemingly ignorant of the momentum opening this pandora's box has created is, in fact, the slippery slope.
    Animals cannot consent, and therefore marriage between a human and an animal will never be permitted.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

    "The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    Animals cannot consent, and therefore marriage between a human and an animal will never be permitted.
    Okay then, if consent is the only question, then would you not have to allow for polygamy? If it is two women and one man, if they are all consenting, what is wrong with that? What is wrong if it is 3 men? They all consent, so you have to allow them to do it?
    “I’ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.” -- Ronald Reagan
    We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. -- Ann Coulter
    "I am personally opposed to shooting abortionists, but I don't want to impose my moral values on others." -- Ann Coulter on Fox News 6/22/09
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men. Boondock Saints

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotNews View Post
    Okay then, if consent is the only question, then would you not have to allow for polygamy? If it is two women and one man, if they are all consenting, what is wrong with that? What is wrong if it is 3 men? They all consent, so you have to allow them to do it?
    I don't have an issue with that, my problem is that if something happens to the man and he cannot consent to say, surgery, which wife has the authority to rule? It would lead to all kinds of problems, and I also believe that marriage should be between only two people.
    Farewell my beautiful Gracie Baby, beloved pet:
    15th Jan 1997- 18 Jul 2009

    "The Futures Not Set; There Is No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves" - John Connor: Terminator 2.
    http://mywinterstorm83.livejournal.com/

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Makedde View Post
    I also believe that marriage should be between only two people.
    And that's based on what, bigotry or Poliphobia?*











    *invoking the 789 sarcasm rule here!

  9. #49

    Default

    If you can find an animal that has the intelligence capable of understanding human emotions and concepts, including marriage, fidelity, honesty, and trust, and you can prove to me that it understands marriage and what is happening, I'd tell you to go to town. If an animal is advanced enough to figure out that much, it can probably contribute to society.

    Otherwise, I'm just going to saddle up that horsey and ride him roughshod over your straw man, right on down to the bottom of your slippery slope and back up again.
    A kind act is never too small to matter. - Me(as far as I know)

    No one's excited
    Unless they are divided
    Someone's going to have to give in
    It seems uncertain - 311

  10. Default My opinion?

    Really,if gays marriges are allowed,why not?
    This argument ignores ALL the nuances of the issue. An animal is mentally unable to consent to marriage. They can't even talk. Someone who is gay is still a human being and as long as they are a consenting adult, this makes the issue very different to zoophilia.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Gay Marriage Will Lead To Pedophiles Marrying Children", Says Conservative
    By Makedde in forum Political Opinions & Beliefs
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: Apr 04 2013, 02:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks