Prepare The Public For An Attack On Iran?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Margot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Note the source of this article......... I can't quite believe the US is ready for another war.

http://www.irna.ir/ENNewsShow.aspx?NID=30609090

US allegations against Iran 'a diversion,' says UK professor

London, Oct 12, IRNA – The latest US accusations against Iran are a distraction and a desire by Israel to create another war in the Middle East for its own benefit, according to British professor Rodney Shakespeare.

US allegations against Iran 'a diversion,' says UK professor
    “On the one hand, the USA and associated countries have a desperate need to divert attention from their economic, political and social collapse,” said Shakespeare, who is also a qualified barrister.

“While, on the other hand, Zionist Israel wants war,” he said in response of the US accusations of an alleged plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington.

FBI director Robert Mueller has already admitted that the alleged plot, involving a sting operation, Mexican drug cartels and government informants, sounded as if it came from a 'Hollywood script.'

In an interview with IRNA, the professor of binary economics described the allegations as a “Clown Comic plot” but which on analysis has an agenda behind it.

“If we put all this together the meaning of the alleged Clown Comic plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador becomes clear – it is part of the USA, Zionist and Saudi desire to prepare public opinion for an attack on Iran,” he said.

But Shakespeare believed that public opinion – at least, informed public opinion – is “waking up to the lies and deceptions of the USA, the UK and Israel.”

“All of whom are now pariah states for their refusal to allow justice for the Palestinian people and their support for vicious, autocratic, torturing regimes,” he said

“The Western economic and associated political system is collapsing – witness the protests in country after country,” the professor said.

“Moreover, Western aggressive, militaristic international policy is being revealed for what it is – aggressive and militaristic,” he told IRNA.

On top of this, he said there is “Zionist Israel which is intent on involving the United States in a Middle East war for the sole benefit of Israel.”

2. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

I don't think we're going to attack Iran. If we do, we will have completely gone off of the deep end.

3. Margot

Here's another take.....

How does Iran expect the US to respond??

Excerpt:

http://the-diplomat.com/2011/10/12/d...-a-us-hit-job/

This isn’t the first time that the Islamic Republic has conducted terrorism on US soil. In 1980, an Iranian gunman assassinated Ali Akbar Tabatabai, a former Iranian diplomat , in Bethesda, Maryland, where he lived in exile.

Nor is the fact that Iranian officials targeted Americans a surprise: The evidence is persuasive that Iranian officials are complicit in the murder of Americans in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere in the Middle East.

4. paco

paco New Member

While I don't expect the U.S. to attack Iran over this either, I do find it silly to compare this situation to what happened over 30 years ago. The world has changed since then. Pre-9/11 American life should not be compared to post-9/11 American life.

5. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

We aren't going to attack Iran for the same reason we aren't going to attack Pakistan. They actually would be a tough fight.

We'd obviously win against them in the war, but the resulting occupation would bankrupt us and would have the mother of all insurgencies.

6. Margot

Increase sanctions?

Iran is a problem for Israel and the GCC..

Iran is a problem in Yemen.

Iran is a problem where HAMAS and Hezbollah is concerned.

This thing seem very tricky to me.

7. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

The United States of America has very little desire to go to war with Iran. What is quite possible is that the decision has been made to launch a strike against Iranian nuclear facilities and that the Iranian plot against the Saudi envoy is being offered as proof of Iran's rogue status in the international community.

I wonder what provisions have been made to tighten security in Iraq if such strikes are carried out. Iran would be looking for payback and they have cultivated several Shia groups and militias in Iraq who could carry out terrorist actions against Americans at short notice.

8. WertyFArmer

WertyFArmer Well-Known Member

While I do not think we would engage in an all out War with Iran, I could see this being used as cover for striking their nuclear facilities. Either we would do it with our stealth bombers, or green light Israel for the strike.

9. dwarrior

dwarrior Member

This is all an American propaganda issue.
    Using a Mexican gang member to assassinate an ambassador would be as stupid as using a US blood/crip gang in a plot.
    You are suppose to believe they are using a US citizen in the plot in which he meets with a solo low ranking gang member in Mexico.
    Out of all the gang members, he meets a US informant while never meeting with the rest of this gang. He then plans to blow up this guy with explosives this Mexican gang member would need to smuggle into the US all the way to Washington, DC to plant inside an upscale restaurant without being a suicide bomber.
    The Mexican gang member would need to know the ambassadors schedule and know his table to get close enough to kill him.
    To complicated of a plot for any country to consider, even the so call Al Quaeda hasn't done anything like this but a Mexican drug game would though it would bring the wrath of the US to the Mexican border.
    If they said they hired a gunman, I would believe a possible scenario but this is just a ramp to war.
    Margot, if you are looking to use this to show support for the US war machine then state that but you seem an intelligent enough person to know this is a false plot based on propaganda.

10. Margot

I think Iraq and Bahrain would be very vulnerable.

11. Margot

I am opposed to war, but I have been watching all the weird stuff coming out of Iran for since last February.

12. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

By Israel ?

13. kk8

kk8 New Member Past Donor

If we attacked Iran, Obama would need a diversion. He would not allow his base to think we attacked Iran because of their threats on Israel. It would have to be to protect the USA.

14. sunnyside

sunnyside Well-Known Member

Since we prevented the event, and since it isn't entirely clear yet if this went up the chain of command or was just somebody going rogue, I doubt we'll go to war on this, especially with Obama in office and some of our domestic troubles.

I actually think we'd let Iran slide for what they do, except the issue of nuclear weapons, and I've got a bad feeling we'll end up letting them get those as well. Israel may have to earn it's billions in military aid with this one.

On the specific topic of the OP, I'm increasingly worried about the filter on reality some people seem to have. America is always bad, everybody that doesn't like America is always good, anything that seems to indicate otherwise is a zionist conspiracy.

Ethereal and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Margot

Iran is creating problems for the GCC, Iraq, Yemen and Bahrain.. They are also sponsoring Hamas and Hezbollah.

16. a777pilot

a777pilot Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!

This latest "story" is just so much an attempt to divert attention away from this administration's and Mr. Holder's complicity in the cover up of the stupidity of Fast and Furious.

17. Irishman

Irishman Well-Known Member Past Donor

You do realize that many Mexican "gang members" are actually ex Mexican military and are highly trained.

18. Margot

I doubt it... Why would Holder repeat the Bush era FUBAR called operation Wide Receiver.

19. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Shakespeare wrote fiction.

20. kk8

kk8 New Member Past Donor

Creating another diversion all on your own Margot? Care not to respond about the CURRENT situation by the DOJ?

21. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

The US gov't has brought that upon themselves. There is nothing that can believed about anything resonating out of DC.

22. Margot

Hahahahaha.. true that.....

23. sunnyside

sunnyside Well-Known Member

Well, yes. I just think that in the current environment we'd continue to let all that slide at the current levels of support.

However I feel it clearly demonstrates part of the nature of the threat of Iran. But they are limited in the extent to which they can create those problems. If they have nukes, they know their options are nearly limitless. There will be lives lost if we let them get one.

And that's the "good" scenario for a nuclear armed Iran. The bad one is they put a nuke on an unmarked fishing boat, and have some guys eager for their afterlife virgins sail the thing towards New York until(if) they get spoted by the coast guard and then pop the thing.

Without any evidence as to where it came from, the US would be unable to retaliate. After all it could have come from Pakistan, or anybody else with nuke.

And I guarantee there will be a bunch of people saying it was a Zionist nuke design to provoke an Islamic/American war, or another "inside job" by the US government.

24. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

If IDF hits Iran with 2 waves (75 Fighter Jets each wave) one hour appart , which side will Zero (Obama) choose ?

25. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous Well-Known Member

That's exactly what Romney wants to do. And guess who's going to be our next President? ;)