Unions Above the Law!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Blackrook, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

I just got finished meeting with a claims adjuster who took pictures of my car after a minor fender-bender accident.

He told me of a story that shocks me, and if you have any decency at all, it will shock you.

A contractor hired non-union labor for a construction job here in Las Vegas.

In the middle of the night, person or persons sneaked into the construction yard (past security provided by the owner) and sabotaged construction equipment by pouring sand into it. I believe he said the damages were $145,000.

The contractor called the Las Vegas Metropolitian Police Department, and they refused to come out and take a police report. As you may know, LVMPD has a unionized police force.

Obviously, the union that lost the contract did the crime but they will get away with it, scot free!!!

Why do liberals and Democrats support this kind of thuggery? Because unions use dues collected from workers and contribute to the Democratic party. Taking money from criminals makes you a criminal.

The Democratic party is the party of thugs and criminals. There is no doubt about it.

2. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Thats quite an assumption on your part, plus a slap in the face to the Las Vegas Police Department. Perhaps in your mind there is no doubt, but what legitimate proof do you have to prove what you say is true?

3. Dasein

Dasein New Member

Whaaaa??? Speculation and Rumor! The Internet is no place for that kind of talk! :ignore:

4. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Do I have to provide an affidavit or the sworn testimony of a witness to share a story on the internet?

My proof is that the man who told me this story had no motive to lie to me. He was a disinterested witness who inspected the damage to the construction equipment, figured out the cost of repairs, and determined the damage was caused by deliberate sabotage.

Since you refuse to believe me, I must assume you are sympathetic with the thug unions who perpetrated this crime and the corrupt cops who refused to go after the criminals.

5. Skydog71

Skydog71 Banned

Wow! You know this guy once told me a little story about a man named Jed, poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed. But I didn't fall for it, and you shouldn't either.

Falena and (deleted member) like this.
  6. gamewell45

Might be a good idea or at least a credible news source.

There are at least 3 sides to every story; your side, the police side and the truth.

So, if someone challenges you to provide concrete evidence or proof of what could be considered slanderous remarks directed towards law enforcement agencies, that makes us sympathizers? I took you seriously until your third paragraph; the best thing to do now is to have the moderators lock this thread.

7. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Ok, so now you liberals are going to defend the reputation of our police, after laughing at the OWS people crap on cop cars?

Seems to me you only like cops when they are corrupt and refuse to do their job.

If cops are doing their duty and controlling violent demonstrators, you call them "fascists" and "pigs."

Hypocrisy, they name is liberalism.

8. gamewell45

Pure speculation and hysterics on your part; no credibilty.

9. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

http://news.yahoo.com/longshoremen-storm-wash-state-port-damage-rr-144921214.html

Not one of these criminals has served a day in jail or was charged with a crime. The national media IGNORED the event, but covers a few hundred dirty hippies camping out at Wall Street.

10. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me at all. Fifty years ago when the Atlantic Coast Line railroad did away with featherbedding the union struck. Buildings burned and trestles dynamited were considered by the federal government as accidents due to inexperienced workers.

I am surprised that the police didn't take a report, giggling the whole time, and then just bury it, though.

But, your story is about police corruption and not unions being above the law. Unions are exempt from the law. Check out United States vs. Enmons.

"United States v. Enmons, 410 U.S. 396 (1973) is a controversial U.S. Supreme Court case which held that violence, if carried out in furtherance of a labor union's objectives, does not violate the law according to the extortion and robbery provisions of the federal anti-Racketeering Act of 1934 or the Hobbs Act."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Enmons