OWS is just another way of saying Obamaville

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MolonLabe2009, Oct 15, 2011.

1. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

How can people who have a job, family, kids, bills and responsibilities have enough time to campout for weeks?

The smelly stinky hippie protestors are only interested in getting something for free at someone else's expense.

Hooverville and Obamaville are one and the same.

2. CarlB

CarlB New Member

They are protesting Wall Street getting money for free at our expense.

But nice way to attack people that are against corruption, which you obviously favor.

3. Sunkissed

Sunkissed Member

Many people with families, jobs and other commitments can only come and go; however, students and others whose jobs have been outsourced to China have plenty of time to protest.

Stop with the vapid, presumptuous generalizations of who the protesters are and blanket statements regarding why they protest.

If YOU'RE not pissed off at the current situation of this country, you're not paying attention.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWlrXtQiEg"]Occupy Saint Louisi Protest - - YouTube[/ame]

4. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

Have you even been paying attention to whats going on at these protest? Very few people are camping for long periods of time, or at all for that matter. Thousands and thousands of people come and go at the marches to get their frustrations heard, and yet you completely ignore them and focus only on the ones camping, since they must be smelly unemployed communists who hate america and want to come take your money and your guns. I mean that's the only logical conclusion right? :roll:

It's really sad that the only ammunition you have is to try and slander and stereotype tens of thousands of people as free loading hippies.

5. Someone

Someone New Member

Pretty sure the point of the OWS protests is for people who've been (*)(*)(*)(*)ed over by the system to stand up in public and show everyone else how (*)(*)(*)(*)ed over they've gotten. I.E. for the unemployed and homeless to make themselves very public rather than conveniently scamper off to the allies so that the top 1% can ignore them.

Lunchboxxy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

I completely understand the rage, frustration, and anger. I have to it too. I am sick of Government and large corporations colluding to enrich themselves. I am sick of them using the power of large government to favor those who make sure politicians get elected.

I favor small government without the ability to help the corporate and rich elite. I favor laws that are blind to class or economic standing of those that deal with them. That is why I am against Republicans, that is why I am against democrats.

I live in a small town far removed from these protests, I work and don't have the time to go and join them. I would because I agree with fighting crony capitalism and the blatant facism that permiates our current system. That said I do disagree with some of the protestors on how to fix the situation, but I do know one way or another, if something doesn't change, things will get far worse.

End the fed, end federal government power buying, and someone please get me a beer, I'm thirsty!

7. Sunkissed

Sunkissed Member

Beer?

So sure about that?

Based on the above, you MUST be a violent stoner :mrgreen:

/sarcasm

8. Veni-Vidi-Feces

Veni-Vidi-Feces New Member

I remember Hooverville being located in Washington DC just outside the Whitehouse, while OWS is on Wall Street. The meme that this is about people being mad at the government is silly they are mad at the financial sector clearly.

9. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

So, protest the people who bailed them out.

10. Veni-Vidi-Feces

As tax payers we all bailed them out. Now they need to give some back so our Nation can run properly without laying off teachers, police, fire and other city services.

11. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

I am, but for a completely different reason.

12. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

These idiots want someone else to pay for their healthcare.

These idiots want someone else to pay them a wage regardless if they work or not.

So yes, these idiots want to take other peoples money.

13. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

And why is it the fault of the 1% that these smelly stinky hippies are "unemployed and homeless?"

What do you want from the 1%?

14. savage-republican

savage-republican Well-Known Member

What took so long, just a few months ago we were told the Tea Party had it all wrong. but now its trendy and hip to hate wall street. The Tea Party bashed the federal bailouts, the stimulus, and now we get a few kids that are upset, and its a national uprising.

To bad they do not realize that without a dramatic change in Washington, nothing will change on Wall Street. you do realize that the government is bought and paid for and therefore has made the rules in favor of Wall Street. Bank of America decision to start charging customers seemed to star this OWS movement. The Frank-Dodd bill which capped credit card fees caused BofA' to make the change. The Frank-Dodd bill was championed by BofA and other large banks deemed to big to fail, at the expense of the small town bank. You do realize that the Frank-Dodd bill has seriously undermined the smaller banks in favor of large banks. The government is the problem, they have changed the rules, its time to hold them accountable, to bad no one has the balls to do that!

15. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what you are being sarcastic about, the whole thing, a part of it. I is confused! So let me explain myself.

I am a connoisseur and home brewer of beer. I am not a stoner, I am a person who relies on logic and facts. I am mostly libertarian and I support anyone who is against the marriage of government power with special interests. Unlike some people I realize that because of human nature as long as government is strong and the power to grant favors it will be bought for the highest price. That is why I support small government.

As for being violent, only when it comes to my video games. Battlefield 3, the total war series, and of course mount and blade.

16. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

I agree. "End the fed, end federal government power buying."

The problem is that OWS has nothing to do with ending the fed.

What they promote is to increase the power of the federal government (taxes and regulations) which in turn diminishes the power of the people.

17. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

You don’t get do you?

About 70% of the people polled back in 2008 didn't want the bailouts, but our Democrat controlled congress insisted on doing so.

If the 2008 Democrat controlled congress would have listened to the people, then the bailout would have never made it to Bush's desk.

So, again I ask, why don't these smelly stinky ignorant dumb*** hippies protest the politicians who gave the bailouts?

18. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

Why are the smelly stinky OWS hippies protesting Murdoch?

He has nothing to do with Wall Street.

19. Veni-Vidi-Feces

George Bush?

20. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

This may be true for some of the people, but I am not going to condemn the whole movement because some people are so ignorant that when fighting the favored Wallstreet they want to give more power to the entity giving Wallstreet all the help. We must show them the error of their ways. After all we desire the same outcome, the way of obtaining said outcome just differs.That is why we should make our case using reason and logic. If instead one decides that demeaning, name-calling, and disrespecting them because they don't see eye to eye is a better path, then things are just going to get worse, and more then likely end benefiting those who have all the power, government and their corporate and banking campaign financiers. Divide and conquer to stay on top.

21. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

So, you aren't going to fault all the Democrats (Pelosi, Reid, Obama, etc...) who voted for the bailout?

This is exactly why your movement is a big sham.

You are a partisan hack who is just blaming Republicans and corporations.

22. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

The TEA Party had this all figured out in 2008, yet these stinky smelly hippies are just figuring it out?

Gee, they're dumb.

23. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Obamaville, indeed. Notice how they skip right over the part where HE gave WS the bailouts... or how a large chunk of HIS campaign contributions come from WS?

If they were protesting big govt bailouts to fatcats in DC, they might have more support from mainstream America. They're targeting the middle of the snake instead of the head. What always follows is a cluster(*)(*)(*)(*).

Brewskier and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Crafty

Crafty Well-Known Member

Better late then never. On a side note, why do you feel the need to disrespect people you have never met before. Such close mindedness and judgmental attitude does not say anything good about your character. Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you need to be a jerk about it.

25. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

Barack Obama bailed them out with our tax dollars. Does that mean you'll be voting for him in 2012?