Arctic sea ice loss due to global warming II

Discussion in 'Environment & Conservation' started by politicalcenter, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. politicalcenter

politicalcenter Well-Known Member

I guess the old saying that if can't dazzel them with brilliance baffle them with b#$ll&*#t hold true.

If the earth were not getting warmer the artic sea ice would not be melting.

If the earth were not getting warmer antartic ice would not be melting.

If the earth were not getting warmer glacier ice would not be receding all over the world.

If the earth were not getting warmer global temps would not be rising (on average).

Of course the temps here in the U.S.A will become cooler for a season....it is called winter. And artic ice will grow for a few months...also because of winter.

Arguments about how many gallons of fuel per barrell of oil is beside the point.

2. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Some perspective is in order...Total mass extent of ice is about 200 million gigatons. Estimates of ice-loss are right around 100 gitatons a year. At that rate you're looking at about 2 million years before all the ice melts.

The poster I was replying to brought up the subject of how many barrels of oil we 'burn.' As with you, I was just giving her some perspective.

3. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

The facts are the scientists have been caught in lies and deceptions

4. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

You seem to be avoiding the fact that you have just been shown to be 100% wrong, and incapable of understanding the simple fact that there is no such thing as "scientific proof". No one is getting off anything "thinking they have enough data to 'prove' anything regarding global climate"

Science involves proposing hypotheses to develop theories and supporting these with evidence.

We are discussing a theory that has been around for over 100 years and is supported by absolute mountains of empirical evidence. And so far, no human has set up a climate experiment that has disproven that the increase in concentration of atmospheric CO2 is impacting upon climate.

Do you understand this?

5. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

Which lies and deceptions are these?

Could you show us some evidence please? (real evidence if you wouldn't mind - not the opinion of some nutjobs blog please).

You see - I am a sceptic. I would like to see some evidence to support this statement you just made.

6. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

I have showed them many times. you keep ignoring them.

Using september temps to show hottest october and the Himalaya scam is just 2 of the best known

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.