Rick Perry makes George Bush look like a Genius......

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Badmutha, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

Just saying....not as a Rick Perry Hater....but as a concerned conservative.

After researching him a bit more and now watching him in a few debates and a plethora of interviews......it should be abundantly clear to conservatives that Rick Perry is not the best choice for the Republican nomination.

While its true Rick Perry would be better than Obama by leaps and bounds.....so would a pile of dog sh*t on the pavement......we can do better. Perry's conservative principles are questionable to begin with.....his former life as a (D)emocrat and his endorsement of AlGore is even worse....but its his absolute amatuer hour debate skills and stumbling meandering intelligence and line of thought that has me concerned the most.

Texas Im putting you on notice....after giving us George Bush....and possibly Rick Perry.....Ron Paul is proof you can do better.....so quit slacking.

The only Candidates I would consider........

1. Ron Paul
    2. Herman Cain
    3. Newt Gingrich

2. TheLastBoyScout

TheLastBoyScout New Member

I think Perry has shot himself in the foot a few times now. He's kind of taken himself out of the running....I don't think they'll even be talking about him in a few weeks time.

3. Calminian

Calminian New Member

I have to agree. Though I don't think Bush is dumb, though, by any stretch. Most of that was media driven. Ron Paul comes off a little dumb too, to be honest. Slurs his words a little and his thoughts get jumbled. Newt and Cain have excellent stage presence. Cain especially did well considering how shelled he got. Newt and Cain are still my 2 favorites.

4. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

I thought Perry was going to be the Republican nominee, but that was before I knew much about him. I think he's finished so it's probably a moot point.

5. BodyPolitic

BodyPolitic Banned

A lot of people in Texas back then were Democrats.

Michelle Bachmann isn't from Texas but even she helped Carter get elected. If that's your benchmark you are going to have to weed out a lot of conservatives.

6. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

The fact that you would include Gingrich in your short list is...troubling. Is it because of his huge head?

7. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

It's because he is a complete genius. Gingrich is incredibly smart and he has success on his side too.

8. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your top three mirror mine exactly.

However, I would vote for any of the candidates on that stage over Barack Obama. Perry would be one of my very last options.

9. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

And Im not calling Bush dumb....just not the brightest bulb. Perry even dimmer....

On occasion.....but the majority of his answers are precise, direct, and based upon the Constitution and the principles of Freedom and Liberty.....but yes there is room for improvement.

...they are both solid.....and would both hand Obama his ass in a debate.....I could vote for either of them....rather than just voting against The Kenyan Tyrant.

10. BodyPolitic

BodyPolitic Banned

[​IMG]

Define tyrant.

11. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

ty·rant
    noun \ˈtī-rənt\

a: an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution b: a usurper of sovereignty

a: a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally b: one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

[​IMG]

12. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

LOL, there was a 'society' woman from Dallas on the news this morning and the interviewer asked her if she was a Perry fan. She drawled, "Of course, dear, he's my gov'nr." When pressed about his uninspiring speaking abilities she said, "Well, honey, if we elect another man because he's a good speaker, we might as well elect the AFLAC duck. Do you want a speaker or a doer?"

She has a point.

[​IMG]

I'm no big Perry fan, but for pete's sake, folks... can't we pick someone based on what they've proven they can do... instead of just somebody who talks pretty?

13. Lethal

Lethal New Member

Perry is just awful, last night should be the end for him I'm thinking

14. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

Exactly! It shouldn't be a popularity contest like high school, or how good looking somebody is, or how well they read teleprompters...er speak, or..LOL

15. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

LMAO!!! Totally disagree with you on everything, but credit for making me laugh out loud.

16. BodyPolitic

BodyPolitic Banned

Is this the Texas version of a "doer?"

[​IMG]

17. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

Let's see now, Democrats and Liberals were supposedly, "scared to death", first about Palin, then Bachmann, then Perry, now Cain, with a sprinkling of Trump and Paul in there too. Yet, Romney is still not a consideration, all the while being the most qualified candidate by far and large.

18. Calminian

Calminian New Member

In theory SMW, yes, but my question is, why not have both?? Gingrich certainly has an impressive political record. He is the mastermind behind the success of the 90s. And Cain is perhaps has the most inspiring story of any politician ever. Success has followed him everywhere he's gone. Nothing was handed to him at all on a silver platter.

And I also think it's dangerous to think that accomplishments is all the matters in an election. You and I weigh those heavily, but others look for other qualities. I want to beat Obama. Why would I want to put someone up against him that gives him any advantage whatsoever? We have candidates that are smarter and better. Why settle for just better?

19. Buzz62

Buzz62 New Member

Oh you gotta be kidding...or are you just stupid?

You T-Baggers have beat Obama senseless with your lies and insults.
    You've been so relentless that even Democrats in the Senate are running scared now.
    You killed any hope of a proper healthcare plan, made a mockery of the county's finances, and now killed the jobs plan.

If you really believe the crap you've dished out here...then I'd suggest you go home tonight and slap you uncle and aunt for giving birth to you...

20. Buzz62

Buzz62 New Member

Oh...and for the record...Perry showed his true colours last night when Romney made him look like an adolescent.

Your best candidate is someone none of you T-Baggers even wanna think about. Romney's leading in the polls yet you pack o' dogs are howling for destruction with anyone but the rational adult in the group.

Yer a scary bunch you T-Baggers...but what comes around...goes around.
    I know that's a bit of an advanced concept for the lot of you to wrap your heads around...but if you ask Jed, who pumps gas down the street, he'll be glad to explain.

21. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

Absolutely......electing someone based upon speaking ability and teleprompter experience alone is what gave us the absolute disaster and failure known as Barack Obama.....Im not advocating that route.

.....Im just saying there are better options than Perry.

22. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

Democrats are scared to death about any and every Republican candidate.......

......for whoever wins the Republican primary......will be the next president.

So that being considered.......this isnt the time to elect a mushy middle RINO like Romney.....its time to put a real conservative in the Whitehouse.

23. John1735

John1735 Banned Past Donor

And Barack Obama makes any baboon on the planet look like the next stephen hawkings.

Your point?

That said, Ron Paul is an old man who, I'll be nice and just say, is confused.

For example take his stance on Defense, and by Defense I mean the military.

Ron Paul says slash it, pull out of Korea so Lil Kim can overrun the South and steal the food he needs to keep North Korean's from starving to death.

He says Pull out of Japan, so China can roll on in. And the list of places where he says we should leave, and leave things be. Wherein if not for us, the free peoples in those nations, would right now be living under totalitarian regimes goes on and on.

Not only that, but he says cut the military. Rather than say, paying for people's minutes and cell phones. Or paying for women to have abortions because they chose to have unprotected sex, chose not to use anyform of contraception whatsoever, and now don't want to deal with the consequences of that choice.

Yet it is the military is one of the very very instances where the Federal Government IS Constitutionaly enumerated certain powers and rights.

Rather than being limited by enumeration of the rights of the states or the citizen....

As I said I'll be polite and just say he is confused. And frankly he comes off that way too, at least to me he appears to be a confused half senile old man.

However he did get one thing right at least, we should no longer be allowing Europe to suck off America's defense tit.

24. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

You mean Rick Perry didn't spend millions sealing all his records like Obama? What a putz.

25. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

...we can do better....than Rick Perry.

We cant be the world's babysitter for eternity....even if we wanted to.

....when the pain of our crushing (D)ebt and (D)eficits comes home to roost.....Im betting your opinions on this are going to change rather quickly.

Ron Paul isnt going to cut the Military.....he is going to save it.......which is why America's Finest remain Ron's biggest supporters.

http://www.politicalforum.com/elections-campaigns/205369-ron-paul-receives-more-military-donations-than-obama-double-entire-gop-field.html