Romney's viability?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Calminian, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Roger Stone: Romney is a ‘Weak Front-Runner’

I think the establishment is overestimating Romney's viability, and underestimating how difficult RomneyCare is going to be to defend. I can just see the debates now. Romney has been saying he never intended the plan to be nationwide, but now there are clips of him on with Russert saying he would recommend it for the nation. This is going to be really problematic in the general election, in which ObamaCare and the economy are going to be center stage. He is refusing to backtrack, and doubling down he did the right thing. And now he's going to say he's going to repeal ObamaCare and that the mandate is unconstitutional. This after saying that RomneyCare would be good for the nation. Eek. Nightmare.

I wish Rick Perry was more viable, but the guy just doesn't have what it takes to be on this stage, and is fading fast.

Herman Cain, on the other hand, I think is much more viable than the establishment GOP realizes. He has some stumbles too, but very petty. No one's going to believe he's pro-choice, and that's not going to be the main issue anyway. I think Cain will pull in minority votes, and has the folksy charismatic personality to draw the nation into his ideas. It will be the businessman outsider, vs. the pure politician insider. But I fear Romney will be attacked and lose ground very fast, once he wraps up the nomination. Cain, I think is our only hope. But I think he's also perhaps exactly what this nation needs.

Feedback please.

2. Calminian

Calminian New Member

In addition:

Romney Under Fire For Free Health Care to Illegals

“Governor Romney’s government-mandated health care plan provided free care for illegal immigrants in Massachusetts, establishing just the kind of illegal immigration magnet Governor Romney claims to oppose,” Perry spokesman Mark Miner said.

“Program rules established by the Romney Administration in 2004 clearly state that citizenship is not required for free health care and subsidies and health centers cannot consider citizenship before rendering that free care.”

Just more to the point. These are huge issues the mainstream media is very light on right now, but will be on a 24 hour cycle once the nominating process is over. i think Romney is a disaster waiting to happen.