Another dumb move by Obama that comes back on all of us

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Marine1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama told banks they had to cut the amount they charge business to use your debit card. Thinking business would pass along that savings to the buyer of their product.(Right)

So what happened? The banks cut out the points they were giving us for every dollar we spent on our debit card. But that wasn't enough to make up the shortage. So next the banks are charging you anywhere from five dollars, to twenty five dollars a month and some even more, to use your debit card. Now who are the ones that got screwed over that?

2. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

The consumer of course. Ubama is an idiot and so is the total congress....Unless of course this is by plan???

3. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Obama never thinks ahead, he is an idiot, like the left that looks for instant gratification.

4. Marine1

This is just another of many I have put up that shows how actions by the government over the years has hurt the American people. I'm not just talking about Obama and the Democrats. They have put the screws to us in lost jobs and etc for over 40 years. Not that they are doing it on purpose. They just don't think far enough ahead of what their actions are doing.

But I get livid when I hear Liberals say we would be better off if the government ran everything. Hell, it's the government that has us in the shape we're in.

5. Marine1

For years we have been paying farmers not to plant food on a number of acres of land. They want to make sure that the stores are not flooded with to much food which would drop the price so much that the farmers would get hurt. For instance to much corn grown could drop the price so much that it would cost the farmer more to plant, grow and harvest it than they could sell it for. Driving them broke.

Trouble is, the way the government wrote it up. It's written up so anyone having a large track of land can get paid for not growing crops on it. Trouble is, many investors have bought up large tracks of land that they are holding for future investments in building homes, shopping centers and etc. They are getting thousands of dollars not to plant food and they never had any intention of growing any. They even are paying large horse farms not to grow cops. It has cost the tax payer billions over the years.

Again, their heart was in the right place but their head was in their a==/

6. Marine1

I always wondered why they just didn't let the farmer grow all he wanted. Buy a bunch of it up and ship it over seas in foreign aid. Hell those people are starving over there. We still could protect the farmer and save billions by not sending them money in foreign aid that I am sure the people never got anyway.

7. hiimjered

hiimjered Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just one more reason to limit the government's ability to interfere with businesses.

8. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

The banks could have foregone the costs and just had a little less profits, but they chose to implement new rates. If enough people withdraw their money from the banks and put it say into a credit union, you'll see banks drop the fees.

You might try using a credit union; they have lower or no rates for many services. I dumped my bank a few years ago; have no regrets either.

Pollycy and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Marine1

There is a law on the books that if a person buys more than two hand guns a week, it must be reported to the government. But they failed to put the same restrictions on long guns, or rifles. That is how so many guns were sold here in Phoenix to individuals, that the ATF finally found out by gun shops telling them. Some were buying 5-10-15 at a time. Then the ATF told them to keep selling them and they would track those guns to Mexico. Well we know how well that went. But the fact the government wrote up the law to only include hand guns and not rifles too, was totally stupid.

Better late than never

"ATF to Require Multiple Sales Reports for Long Guns

December 17, 2010 By Larry Keane60 Comments

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is moving to require federally licensed firearms retailers to report multiple sales of modern sporting rifles beginning January 5, 2011. Specifically, the ATF requirement calls for firearm retailers to report multiple sales, or other dispositions, of two or more semi-automatic rifles that are larger than .22 caliber, capable of accepting a detachable magazine and are purchased by the same individual within five consecutive business days.

Today’s Washington Post suggests that the reporting mandate would be limited to retailers along the Southwest border; however, the Federal Register Notice does not limit the geographic scope of the reporting requirement.

http://www.nssfblog.com/atf-to-require-multiple-sales-reports-for-long-guns/

10. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

More disingenuous ********** posters who are against any regulation of the banking industry, which would mean more charges not less.

So are all of you for regulating the new charges, or is this just more Obamaphobia?

Need I ask.

11. Rapunzel

More regulation that costs the consumer more is good how??? What have they done for me to charge me more???

12. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

So you were happy with the higher prior charges the banks used to charge.

Man, are you really this disingenuous or just obtuse?

13. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Liberals have no clue what they are talking about, anything to defend Obama, anything.

14. Marine1

The banks were charging the seller, not us. Now we are eating those charges and no more points for dollars spent. How did we make out?

15. Rapunzel

What higher charges??? I'm being charged more now for ATM and checking charges...WTF are you talking about??? What charges have been less for you since this regulation?

16. Rapunzel

I guess...actually I just think none of them have any checking or savings in banks or have any credit cards..cause they have no money...they all live off the nanny state, so they have no idea what we are talking about.

17. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

BWHAHAHHAHAHA.

You don't even remember why the regulations were put in place.

This is PERFECT!

TTBHA -- "TOTAL ********** HISTORICAL AMNESIA"

18. Marine1

We are beginning to see why it's so hard to get through to some people.Why some still stick up for the government no matter what they do. Leave it up to them and they would have government running everything, God help us.

19. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

Oh God, you don't even remember why the regulations were put in place.

Perfect ********** amnesia.

Read the law; check back in with me then.

20. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

We are beginning to see the total historical amnesia of conservative minds -- they can't even remember what happened two years ago.

21. Rapunzel

I see you didn't answer the question D-BAGGER...tell me the savings you've had since these regulations.

22. Marine1

I don't know about him, but I don't understand the question. What savings? What does savings have to do with it? This new regulation didn't save the average person anything. Now it saved the seller money and the only savings you and I would get is if the seller past the savings on to the buyer. Fat chance of that happening.

23. Rapunzel

That's the whole point...all of this just cost the consumer more and the poster who said it didn't...didn't uhm...respond...LMFAO!!! ubama robots are something else.

24. Marine1

Yes, it would seem like every time the government tries to do us a favor, we get the short end of the stick. And we have so many that want to put all their trust in the government. It's almost scarey.

25. Pollycy

Pollycy Well-Known Member

This is excellent advice that any of us, Liberal or Conservative could benefit from. Sure, you get the same inexcuseably and artificially-squashed interest rates on your savings from either one (thanks to Bernanke and the Federal Reserve crime syndicate), but your credit union account is not connected to the liabilities and exposures of the FDIC! No, in a credit union your deposit is insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund.

I don't trust the FDIC as far as I can spit, so I avoid having anything to do with common banks, per se....