Rick Perry’s bizarre speech

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

This is just flat out odd.

The Texas governor seems to either be winging it, or he seems to be a very strange person.

His speech comes off, at least to me, as very child like. Now he is not a mentally agile kind of guy, especially when watching his incredibly poor forensic skills. However, this was just a speech. Did he attempt to memorize it and just could not? Is he ignoring his notes? Or is this the true Rick Perry?

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-p...y-exhibits-bizarre-behavior-during-nh-speech/

A giddy Gov. Rick Perry was fidgety and full of exuberance in this must-watch speech recorded in New Hampshire Friday night.

The revealing video appears to have gone viral. Business Insider called it the “Bizarre Video of Rick Perry That Everyone is Talking About.” Fox News linked to the YouTube sensation, a compilation of the giddiest moments from the speech, saying it shows “Perry Uncorked in One of His Wildest Speeches Yet.”

Perry spokesman Mark Miner said the governor was "passionate in his remarks" but he said he saw nothing unusual in Perry's delivery of his speech.

It’s Rick Perry like you’ve never seen him. We've posted it below.

2. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Rick Perry has a secret... ..

3. perdidochas

perdidochas Well-Known Member

Perry needs to go home. He's done.

4. mikezila

mikezila New Member

must be reaching out to Obama supporters.:omg:

RiseAgainst and (deleted member) like this.
  5. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

I guess Perry found a new way to "relax" before debates. I heard that after he was done giving that train wreck of a speech, he went through like 3 bags of Doritoes and an entire box of those little fudge brownies with sprinkles on them...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4gz97Y9W8"]Perry's Cornerstone Speech Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Wooooaaaaahhhh!!! My hands are HUUUGE!

Ok, he can't blame this one on the debate format... ummmm... maybe the libruls slipped him a mickey or something...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs"]David After Dentist - YouTube[/ame]

6. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

He should've used a teleprompter. This guy might actually be less qualified than Obama. :omg:

7. Hard-Driver

Hard-Driver Well-Known Member Past Donor

Looks like he had a couple drinks to loosen up before the speech. However, I don't really care about that. I just care about whether he is tipsy or not, what he says is bad policy.

8. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

More proof that the GOP is just throwing this election, like the dems did in '04.

Serfin' USA and (deleted member) like this.
  9. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Perry is the Fred Thompson of the 2012 Presidential race. And I agree, its time for him to go back home.

10. Defengar

Defengar New Member

Looks like the race has basically narrowed to Mitt and Cain. I think the one that gets the nom should pick up Huntsman as their VP.

11. Goodoledays

Goodoledays New Member

:mrgreen:Or scareing the (*)(*)(*)(*) out of them.

12. TheLastBoyScout

TheLastBoyScout New Member

What he had been presenting to America wasn't working for him.

So, he tried to present a more hip, more energetic version of himself. He really tried....and tried too hard. I think it failed miserably and he's getting bad advice. He's a very likeable doofus.......but that's not what we need as president.

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

The Tea Bags can't seem to find a candidate to hold onto. They keep on jumping ship.

AND, the demos have NOTHING to do with it.....

14. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

Wow Perry is freakish. He's the perfect ********** candidate now that Bachmann is fading and Cain is going into meltdown mode for his sordid past.

15. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

the liberal media is behind this.....somehow lol

16. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

Jon Stewart said it best, "At best, Perry was intoxicated, at worst, he was sober."

17. Goldwater

Goldwater Well-Known Member Past Donor

Absolutely true......and though I don't like to let on about it....I watched Rachel Maddow yesterday...and one of her guests described it as a long string of Howard Dean moments.

He's done.....so is Cain.

18. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

Au contraire, the weirdness only raises his credibility in the ********** realm. Just like Cain's sordid past has resulted in an increase in campaign contributions.

We are not dealing with normal people here. We are dealing with people who mainline Rush Limbaugh and were picked on by cool people during the 60s. They are unhinged and punitive. Push come to shove they would defend sexual harrassment and public drunkenness, if it meant a tax cut for Paris Hilton.

19. Goldwater

Goldwater Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm actually in the middle of penning this little piece called "The Revenge of the Squares"....which rambles on about how the GOP cultivated thier base from those who were picked on and square in the 60's

20. hopeless_in_2012

hopeless_in_2012 New Member

I guess Mitt has the best strategy of all, stand back and let the others destroy themselves. I really thought Perry was going to make a surge back to the top, guess I was way off on that prediction. Mitt is the only chance the GOP has of winning this election. Lets get behind him and quit messing around with these other fools.

21. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

Interesting. The demoraphics of the Tea Party haven't really been well explored.

They seem to be the edge of the boomers who did poorly in life and want to make sure nobody else does well. The punitive rhetoric they constantly use suggest some deep generational pathology.

22. drpepper

drpepper New Member

Funny, a Tea bag attacks another Tea Bag, Perry attacks Romney, they all attack Cain and the Tea Bags say it's the "liberals" fault.

:)

23. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Ya know.....libs are an odd group. Obama can go on Jay Leno and joke about the Republican candidates that he's waiting til they all get voted off the island, and ya'll yuk it up, laugh, and slap your knees. "Ain't he the cutest ya'll say." But let a Republican go speak before a group of conservatives at a dinner and have a little fun, and it's "oh he must be drunk," or "he must be stupid."

Wonder if libs even realize that many people have stopped listening to their double standard rants?

24. BringDownMugabe

BringDownMugabe Well-Known Member

Howard Dean, move on over. You're speech is now not the worst speech done by a person running for nomination.

25. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

What do you guys care anyway? Haven't you got the King....Obama??? Sounding more and more to me like ya'll don't have a lot of confidence in your man. All your attention tends to be on Republicans, not your man. IF you had confidence in him.....why would you be so concerned about the Republican candidate and who it will be?