Subpoena OK’d for ICE’s illegal-immigration data

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

What is the Obama administration hiding? Are they registered Democrat voters? Is that the problem? If it's true that they are, it would be the fuel to advance voter ID nation wide.

300,000 criminal aliens the Fed refuses to deport, the American people have a right to know what crimes they committed against the citizens and why the Obama administration refuses to deport them. It's called transparency, something Obama promised the people over and over before he was elected. He needs to keep his promise of transparency or be summarily voted out in Nov 2012.

2. Montoya

Montoya Banned

Illegals can't vote.

3. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Really? What stops them from doing so? Voter ID?

4. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

They can....and they are.

http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/index.php?article=691

Just one example regarding Florida.

5. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

Is it ironic that this is a political rant unrelated to the actual issues being addressed? The White House is limited to what it can do related to immigration based upon the appropriations by Congress. It has to make hard choices related to immigration law enforcement because of the limited budget it has to work with and has already explained it's priorities. It is not spending money to deport individuals who have committed no crime other than the minor misdomeanor of being undocumented and instead is using the money allocated for immigration enforcement to focus on individuals that commit felonies.

A simple pragmatic question needs to be asked. Given enough money to deport 300,000 people is it better to deport crriminals that committed felonies or someone that might merely have overstayed their work visa that is a minor misdomeanor? Make a choice. Violent criminals or harmless workers. Who should be deported based upon the limited financial resources?

Perhaps if we weren't building worthless fences along the border we could deport more violent criminals.

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/ICE-deports-record-number-of-immigrants-in-year-2223878.php

The Obama adminstration is deporting more illegal aliens than the former Republican adminstration.

6. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

if they have just overstayed the visa we should have an avenue to fix that as long as they are working , we do need to fix the border and visa quota , hold employers accountable and give the money to the ICE people to do the job , the illegal problem is a bi-partisan problem and if either party says different they are just plain lying

7. Shiva_TD

From what I've read from the White House and ICE allowing those to stay where their visa's can be reinstated is exactly what they're doing. ICE is not deporting individuals that have a legal means to correct their undocumented alien status. The Republicans know this as it is common knowledge that has been published by the White House.

This action by House Republicans is purely partisan without any regard to the actual undocumented immigration problem. In reality there hasn't been an increase in undocumented aliens in the country for the last two years, something the prior adminstration could never claim, and the deportation of individuals is higher than at any other time in US history.

I would personally argue that the root of the problem lies in the "quota" system in our immigration laws. Instead of a quota I would personally advocate allowing work visas to anyone that is not a criminal in their own country (i.e. convicted of a felony), that has a job waiting for them in the United States and that speaks English and would remove the quota system completely.

I don't believe that employers should be law enforcement officers. If an applicant has a government issued identification card (e.g. drivers license or State ID card) and a Social Security card then they should be employable. The employer should not be responsible if that identification card Social Security card is a forgery unless it's an obvious forgery.

8. submarinepainter

the ID is an even better idea , so I don't disagree with you!

9. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

But in the Recent Era Republicans are not the ones initiating Lawsuits agains Arizona Mississippi & South Carolina & any other State that trys to litigate or vote in a stop/slow/hinder the Hords swarming over the Southern Border or into their states

10. Shiva_TD

LOL - The net number of undocumented aliens in the United States is actually decreasing and has been for the last two years under the Obama adminstration. There are no "hordes" of undocumented aliens entering the United States. Immigration enforcement by the Obama adminstration is reducing the overall number of undocumented aliens in the United States which is something that Republicans can't claim related to recent Republican adminstrations.

Generally speaking it is the Republicans that are creating State laws that clearly conflict with a federal statutory responsibility so we can state uncategorically that the problem originates with the Republicans and the White House is merely addressing the problem with the lawsuits. So far it appears that the White House is correct according to recent court decisions. Federal immigration laws and immigration enforcement "trump" state authority under the "supremacy clause" of the Constitution. Do Republicans have a problem with following the Constitution? Apparently so in this instance.

11. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

LOL,uh wut ...:ignore: jk

12. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

Illegal Immigration is a top tier issue (Problem) for our country & future .

13. Shiva_TD

14. submarinepainter

I believe there are problem immigrants and problems with immigration but it has to be solved in Washington !! They need to do the job we pay them to do

15. Shiva_TD

Actually, because we don't have a balanced budget, the US government is spending more than what we, the taxpayers, are paying for. Instead we're spending money that our children will have to pay for.

To my knowledge every dollar that Congress has ever appropriated for immigration control is spent. That is all the money the White House has to spend and Congress established the amount to be spent, not the White House. If not enough money is being spent then it's the fault of Congress and not the White House. The White House does not establish budgets but merely proposes them to Congress. Congress generally ignores the White House when it creates the national budget.

16. submarinepainter

I suggest we move monies from the defense budget to the ICE budget and after some major cuts in the government we will need to raise taxes, When I said Washington I meant congress :)

17. Shiva_TD

I would suggest that we create a surplus budget with a combination of major spending cuts and increased taxes, pay off prior borrowing to eliminate interest payments on the national debt which don't provide any government services, then lower taxes and prioritize spending.

We could greatly reduce the government costs related to immigration if we revised the immigration laws to allow foreign individuals that are not criminals to lawfully work in the United States. We have millions of jobs that "Americans" simply don't want which immigrants will do. For example they're still looking for apple pickers in Yakima WA because "Americans" don't want to pick apples.

18. submarinepainter

I did see the apple picking story here , I guess it is really bad! I remember the YAK attacks when I was in the service !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.