Project Gunrunner (Fast & Furious) Part II

Discussion in 'Gun Control' started by onalandline, Nov 7, 2011.

1. onalandline

onalandline Well-Known Member Past Donor

SpotsCat

I believe that "Fast & Furious" was implemented to create the "need" for more gun control by falsely placing blame on America's gun retailers.

They did this with long guns already. In fact, there was an e-mail, obtained by Congressional investigators, from Mark Chait to ATF Agent Bill Newell, the manager of "Fast & Furious":

"Bill, can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same FFL and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks. Mark R. Chait, Assistant Director Field Operations."

2. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Was over smuggling routes...
    :omg:
    Armed illegals stalked Border Patrol
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - Mexicans were ‘patrolling’ when agent was slain, indictment says

3. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

The Drug war is here in spades (El Norte)

4. Danct

Danct New Member

Perhaps you could be more clear as to 'Spots Cat's part in your thread, AND the sources of your information?

Surely this would not be asking too much?

5. onalandline

Who are you talking to?

Spots Cat posts his own information.

What sources are you looking for?

6. Danct

Danct New Member

I'm responding to you and your OP, friend. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.

If you look again at your OP, you'll notice that above your quoted block passage is the prominent name; "SpotsCat". You didn't name the originator of that quote, but the conspicuous inclusion of SpotsCat's name above the quote leads me to believe that it is his quote.

Frankly your response makes me wonder if you even know what's in your own thread.

As to the "sources",... again, this should be obvious. It is customary to post sources for OP discussions as it allows for perusal of evidence and a means to aid in that discussion. You quoted an ATF agent without showing us the source of that quote.

Surely this is not asking too much of you?

7. onalandline

I was just responding to SpotsCat's last post from the first Project Gunrunner thread. This is just a continuation.

I got the quote in my post from a newsletter I receive from the Gun Owners of America. They said it was in an e-mail (public information obtained through the FOIA) from Congressional investigators.

8. Danct

Danct New Member

Not very compelling, do you have a link?

9. dudeman

dudeman New Member

Facts

1. Anderson Pooper of CNN comes out with multiple reports of how guns purchased in the USA are involved in the deaths of people in Mexico. The implication of his “reporting” is that the USA is somehow responsible for crime in Mexico.

2. Some real journalists investigate the half-assed reporting by Pooper and discover that the USA federal government is involved in deliberately transferring guns from the USA to Mexico via the ATF after a USA citizen is killed and some whistleblowers come forward.

Reasons?

A. The most logical explanation. Anti-gun activists in the USA started the program to restrict gun sales in the USA by illegally using the ATF to implicate USA guns for crime in Mexico. Imbecilic reporters such as Pooper are either total imbeciles or complicit with the gun control agenda and beat the drum for action through propaganda (i.e. “reporting”). To their dismay, their incompetence was revealed. However, due to the pseudo-dictatorship in the USA until 2012 because a homey is now running the gubment, nobody has been fired or beheaded as of yet.

Your link as scenario B, and don’t include explanations about Martians or ghosts please.

10. onalandline

No, this is stuff that only is available to subscribers. Sorry about that.

11. Danct

Danct New Member

Which makes it even LESS compelling. What is your subscription to?

12. Barry Badrinath

Barry Badrinath New Member

Looks like Fast & Furious was being used used to push for more gun control...hmmm, who would have thought that???? :omg:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_1...furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

onalandline and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Bondo

Bondo Well-Known Member

onalandline and (deleted member) like this.
  14. onalandline

Gun Owners of America.

15. onalandline

16. onalandline

...and they will defend this crap to the end, with the truth staring them in the face.

17. onalandline

Fast and Furious Probe Widening:

The congressional investigation into the gunrunning scandal known as Fast and Furious is in full swing this week, with the House Judiciary Committee to hold a round of hearings on Thursday.

More and more reporters in the mainstream media are now taking a closer look at the scandal, which GOA first began alerting members to in January. Under the program, thousands of guns purchased with federal tax dollars were allowed to “walk” into Mexico, at which point they disappeared into the hands of violent drug cartels.

Just this week, the New York Times reported that the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) is involved in an enormous, multi-million dollar money laundering scheme aimed, like Fast and Furious, at Mexican drug cartels.

But neither program has resulted in significant arrests (not to mention convictions) of drug kingpins, and no cartels have been brought down after several years of activities by agencies spread across the federal bureaucracy.

One former DEA official expressed frustration to the Times, noting that, “My rule was that if we are going to launder money, we better show results. Otherwise, the D.E.A. could wind up being the largest money launderer in the business, and that money results in violence and deaths.”

This news infuriated Rep. Darrell Issa, the powerful chairman of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, who announced that his investigation will be expanding to include the activities of the DEA “money-running” scandal.

In a blistering letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, Rep. Issa takes Holder to task for arming drug cartels with thousands of firearms, and bankrolling their operations with millions of American taxpayer dollars—perhaps, even hundreds of millions of dollars.

Issa wrote to Holder that the DEA revelation “again calls your leadership into question. The managerial structure you have implemented lacks appropriate operational safeguards to prevent the implementation of such dangerous schemes. The consequences have been disastrous.”

With every news report, more and more information leaks out from a Justice Department that seems intent on stonewalling and misleading the Congress. GOA is keeping the pressure on congressmen to call for Holder’s resignation and to pursue possible criminal wrongdoing by government bureaucrats.

GOA leaders will be attending Thursday’s hearing and will be briefing the media on this burgeoning scandal.

It is also important to continue to remind the politicians that, according to the testimony of many current and former ATF officials, one of the goals of Fast and Furious was to bolster the case for more gun control laws here at home.

Source

18. Barry Badrinath

Barry Badrinath New Member

Shocking isn't...I mean with how this administration has been so transparent and scandal free up to this point, and now this.....

what , wait....never mind....it's Bush's fault :roll: As you were....

19. onalandline

I wish the Obama Zombies could see it as easily as we do. :bump:

20. Danct

Danct New Member

I see. Between Fox News and your 'Gun Owners of America', I'm sure you're getting what you wish out of it.

21. onalandline

Yes, the facts. Much of their information has been obtained through the FOIA.

22. Danct

Danct New Member

Interesting that none of that can be verified though. It would seem like such a simple matter to verify this information,.......unless, that is,.... that it is bogus information, that is.

Perhaps you need better sources, so I would suggest you expand your horizons. If you're looking for conspiracies, then you appear to be looking in the right places. Just sayin'.

23. Bondo

Bondo Well-Known Member

Ayuh,... funny,... I've NEVER seen you refute his facts, with Any facts of yer own...

Unless ya want to count yer girlfriends Studies that only she can see...
    Ya know, the studies written by Progressive Liberals, paid for by Progressive Liberal foundations, that merely run in circles til they come to their Preconceived results...

Seein's as you obviously know Nothin' about Gun Control,...
    Why don't you go screw up threads in some other forum, in other subjects you know Nothin' about...

onalandline,.... ignore this dipstick,... She's just tryin' to drag you off topic again...

24. onalandline

I have great sources. They just aren't the ones you agree with. Your denial of the facts is futile.

I think you need to open your eyes, my friend. Fast & Furious is a huge scandal that involved the murder of many folks, and was to be the catalyst for more gun control. Fortunately, it has been outed, and we know the truth.

25. onalandline

This is true. Danct has nothing to back up his denial of the truth about Fast & Furious.