+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread

Thread: co-ed sports

1. Default co-ed sports

what are your views on co-ed sports? should they be supported, looked down upon? why can or why can't boys and girls play on the same team?
    "how do you expect your subjects to follow if the king does not lead"

2. Wink

Dem's Uncle Ferd's favorite kinda sports...

... get to see the women players bounce an' jiggle.
    So here is my suggestion: Forget bombs -- we should drop Obama administration policy makers on Iraq and Syria. That would ensure the ruin of the Islamic State in no time!

Sports is one of the few fields without affirmative action. The best basketball players play basketball. The best football players play football. That's the way it works.

The only way women get to compete in sports is to have separate leagues. Maybe we could have separate leagues for really short people, too.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tribearer_Eko View Post
    what are your views on co-ed sports? should they be supported, looked down upon? why can or why can't boys and girls play on the same team?
    What has this got to do with education?
    "Never look at the trombones; it only encourages them." ~ Richard Strauss

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickT View Post
    Sports is one of the few fields without affirmative action. The best basketball players play basketball. The best football players play football. That's the way it works.

The only way women get to compete in sports is to have separate leagues. Maybe we could have separate leagues for really short people, too.
    No affirmative action? Have you heard of Title 9? Maybe no affirmative action in professional sports, but it's very prevalent in college sports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in560723.shtml

Here's what happened. The government told the schools that the only surefire way to abide by Title IX was to achieve what's called proportionality.

That means that if half the student body is female, half the athletes should be as well. So if a college has too many male athletes, it can do one of two things. It can either add more women's teams – which often require a lot of money. Or cut back on the number of men.

Colleges have cut hundreds of wrestling teams, along with dozens of men's gymnastics, tennis and track and field teams. Men's swimming is also taking a bath. Remember Olympic gold medallist Greg Louganis? He polished his art on the University of Miami's championship swimming and diving team. That team no longer exists.
    But the men point out that Title IX isn't just about sports. It says that colleges can't discriminate according to gender. Period. So why only enforce it in sports? Why not in mechanical engineering, or physics, or dance?

“I think that if we're not going to go into collegiate dance programs and tell them to get rid of 80 percent of their women so that they're proportional, then I don't why we're going into collegiate athletic programs and doing that,” says Kocher.
    Last edited by bradm98; Nov 13 2011 at 01:03 PM.
    There's a saying that goes, 'People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.'
    OK. How about, 'Nobody should throw stones'? That's crappy behavior.
    My policy is, 'No stone throwing regardless of housing situation.'
    -Demetri Martin

6. Default

Dumb idea. Sports are based on competition. Which is the opposite of affirmative action. If you try to mesh genders in sports, then you end up with two options; either acknowledge that on the whole women are not as physically capable as men (which the feminazis will NEVER do) or impliment "fairness" policies in sports which destroy the competitive element. In which case, you might as well just do away with sports altogether because you have now ruined their whole purpose - to see who is the best.
    2013 - George Zimmerman acquitted
    2014 - No indictment against Officer Darren Wilson

How many more times do we have to say we told you so, liberals? This stuff is not race related.

Co ed? Do you mean mixed?

Co ed tag rugby is fun as a social thing not sure how i'd feel playing it competitively against guys.

8. Default

They are great before puberty. After puberty, they ignore basic biology. The great majority of girls are not physically equal to most boys. Yes, there are exceptions, but they are rare.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    --C. S. Lewis, God in the Dock, p. 292.

9. Default No problem

I have no problem with anyone playing any sport, however professional sports have a serious problem with co-eds.
    Women and men are NOT physically equal. Very few women can compete on a field of football with me, or on a basketball court or even a tennis court.
    If in school any girl can show she can compete on the same physical level as the guys then she should be allowed. However allowing a big strapping 6feet 9 inch tall guy to play on the girls basketball team seems a bit stupid to me.
    Tom:
    The stupidest thing humans ever did was to invent gods!

With regards to the USA public school system. They should have it. There seems to be no competition for acheivement, I don't see how this is any different. Let them have fun and give them all trophys and encouragement, and don't keep score.

That's just like their classroom model when it comes to education. Plus, they will get off their butts and get physical so they don't sit around and get more fat.

Plus, it will show the kids just how easy it is to be a educator in the DOE, and they will have great asperations to be an educator for the public school system of the USA. This will make for more union membeship, and a more powerfull government employees' union. It's a win win for all the educators.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread