I am getting really hacked off with this forum.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Community Discussions' started by Oddquine, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Oddquine

Oddquine Well-Known Member

I am trying to post at my daughter-in-laws, as oppopsed to my usual connection, because I am down childminding for ten days. My daughter-in-law connects hrough BT....I connect at home through Plusnet..neither of which, to my knowledge have anything whatsoever to do with any proxy connections.

And so far, I have made two posts and signed in eight times to do so.....would somebody plese justify this?

2. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

It hasn't been a problem for me today.

3. The Judge

The Judge New Member Past Donor

How about if you check the flag when loggin in to store the password in a cookie?

4. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Have you checked the 'remember me' box when you log in?

5. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Anytime you logon from a different computer, you're gonna run into that problem because it doesn't have the cookie that stores your username/password...

... it'll also happen if you reload or upgrade your operating system...

... and if you clear your cookies.
    :fart:

6. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Not to make light of your problem, but logging in on various computers myself, I have never encountered this problem before.
    Anything in her connection that could be the problem...like child safety filter or whatever they call that?

7. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Take a vacation from the forum till you get home. That should solve the problem.

8. Heroclitus

Heroclitus Well-Known Member

this is right. Its my experience too.

9. Oddquine

Oddquine Well-Known Member

Back home.......login problem gone.

The computer had been set up to allow cookies from this forum, because I did it myself, when I got thrown out the first time...and given that I logged into and posted on other forums without specifically allowing cookies....and given that I am not about to be permanently logged in on somebody else's computer, so that suggestion from Makedde is not on.....I am still no wiser.

I have just acquired a laptop which I intend to take with me when I go on my regular visitations......but I won't permanently log into forums on it, because it is not my main computer.

I do log out of all forums, email accounts etc before leaving home (as other folk use my computer from time to time when I am not there) and I won't be on my usual ISP when away, so is this a problem I am going to face on here all the time when I'm not at home? I'm not talking about eight throwouts in ten days, btw......I'm talking about eight throwouts in less than an hour.

And, believe me, wherever anybody I visit posts.......be assured it is not here.......ever......so no chance of cookie problems!