Herman Cain: 'How do you say 'delicious' in Cuban?'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes, the unintentional joke of the day goes to Herman Cain.

Oh, but it gets better.

He appeared to not know what the wet foot, dry foot policy was. Lucky he did not attempt to answer the question.

Oh, but here is the kicker. He said the solution to any problems with Cuba would be to talk to their leaders.

Hey genius, we severed ties with Cuba almost 50 years ago. what do you have, AOL with dial up? No access to a history book?

Once again, Cain seems to be in cahoots with Perry and Bachmann to ensure that Romney gets the nominations. Not intentionally, but through sheer bumbling foolishness.

Oh, and for the Cain fans, they speak Spanish in Cuba.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-cain-cuban-20111117,0,5913167.story?track=rss

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain again failed to demonstrate command of a foreign policy topic Wednesday as he courted Cuban conservatives in southern Florida.

Asked by Miami Herald reporter Marc Caputo what he thinks of the “wet-foot, dry-foot” policy that allows Cubans who reach U.S. soil to stay, Cain was stumped.

“The wet-foot, dry-foot policy?” Cain asked, as if he had never heard of it.

“Yeah,” Caputo replied, but he got no response from Cain before the conversation was cut off by a campaign aide.

When asked at an earlier event about his position on Cuba, Cain replied: “One of my principles is, go to the source closest to the problem, you will find the solution,” Cain said. “…I want to get from Cuban leaders a solution for what we should do.”

Cain, who declares in his stump speech that the country is suffering from a “foggy foreign policy crisis,” ran into trouble earlier this week when he fumbled a question -- “So you agreed with President Obama on Libya?” -- posed by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Cain seemed puzzled by the question and eventually said he had “all this stuff twirling around in my head.”

The former pizza chain executive who markets himself as “a businessman, not a politician,” told a crowd gathered at Versailles restaurant in Miami’s Little Havana neighborhood that he wants “freedom for Cuba now!” but stopped short of denouncing Cuba’s communist government, according to a Reuters report.

Asked by a reporter what he thought of Obama’s policy to ease travel restrictions to Cuba, Cain dismissed the inquiry as a “gotcha question.”

But it was a question of Cain’s own that got him into trouble as he sipped Cuban-style coffee and sampled a croqueta while surrounded by cameras at the Versailles event.>

“How do you say ‘delicious’ in Cuban?” he asked.

2. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Since you are an Obama voter there is no reason for Republicans to defend Herman Cain to you.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

It's as if Cain were separated at birth from the banjo boy in Deliverance.

4. Think for myself

You certainly raise an excellent point. May I expand on it?

If the idea here is to not exchange ideas, then why have a site at all?

5. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

I don't think that is true, Landru.

Cain was hardworking and ambitious. He may have been sharp 15 years ago..

There is something else going on...

6. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

If you were an authentic Republican trying to make up you mind which candidate to support agains Obama sure.

But you're not.

7. Think for myself

I do thank you for your thoughts on me, but may we return to the subject at hand? If not, may I the suggest you forward any concerns you have regarding me, including any lists of likes and dislikes, to the moderation staff?

8. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

I'm not a bedwetting lib that runs to the moderators for protection.

Republicans will figure out who to nominate for president without any help from you.

9. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

How do you say "Wheeling and dealing" in Austrian?

Let's go to the president:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7zhnctF4c"]Barack Obama thinks Austrian is a language - YouTube[/ame]

10. Think for myself

Great point. Perhaps they do.

Can we return to Mr. Cain now?