A question to Jews about Kosher way of killing animals versus modern way

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by peoplevsmedia, Nov 17, 2011.

1. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

This is from another thread, but it's important to me. I recently watched how they kill cows a modern way, and it's easy to tell that it is very instant and painless. however, we have these kosher sections in super markets, and the kosher way to kill an animal as I know it is to slice the neck and let it bleed alive.

As a Jew, how do you feel about this?
    1. An old method that should be replaced by newer more humane methods
    2. Nothing wrong with this method, same amount of suffering
    3. I don't care

2. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Well, the kosher way to kill an animal is essentially the same as killing an animal in Sikhism ( I have a friend who's Sikh and has said that the killing of an animal is tantamount to the kosher method), and in Islam. Therefore, do you question these methods of killing?

3. jmpet

jmpet New Member

Cutting a cow's throat is not particularly painful to the cow- it bleeds out and the cow goes limp. Plus the cow has no experience with cut throats so it's a new experience to them. As a vegetarian, I approve of the kosher way of killing animals.

4. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

I indicated in another thread, that the way Philippinos and other 3rd world countries kill animals is no better,

5. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

There are few ways (if any) to kill an animal for food production in a humane manner.

6. nlytend

nlytend Banned

If you don't care why bother. Ooooh demonize divide and conquer. Not here not now not today. Unfortunately for people like you SCUM RACIST, mankind has a common objective freedom real freedom. Get the f outta here with this crap :gun:

7. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

The video I saw, the cows go in a row then a man taps a thing on their head and they drop immediately without any suffering at all: it is evident that it only lasts a milisecond, there can be no argument that it is more humane to kill someone with a shot to the brain rather then a shot in the gut, or letting someone bleed to death. this thread is not singling out kosher, although this kosher having it's own section in food sections does bother me, a lot - because of this slow method of killing animals.

Ask yourself: how would you rather die if you had no choice: a shot to the head or a sliced throat? I know I would prefer a shot to the head then wathing myself "painlessly" bleed to death and CHOKING ON MY OWN BLOOD

8. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

"I don't care" was a poll option, not my opinion. and this thread is not about Jews, its about kosher method of killing, which I indicated and acknowledged already that kosher is not the only method which kills animals in an inhumane method, but the reason I chose kosher as an example over others is because we have a kosher section in the super markets, and I don't know of any others like that. I may be more of a Jew then you are, so you can hold your racism accusations.