Did President Obama kill thousands of jobs?

Discussion in 'Labor & Employment' started by PatriotNews, Nov 18, 2011.

1. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Seems like this one was a no brainer, but one has to remember the current occupier of the Oval Office like his occupier bretheren has no brain.

http://www.askheritage.org/did-president-obama-kill-thousands-of-jobs/

2. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Excellent OP.

However, wasn't the decision to stop the pipeline due to the outcry in Nebraska? Wheres some folks did not want it sitting right on top of the aquifer they used to irrigate?

Not sure how you can blame the president for that.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/11/nebraska-keystone-xl-pipeline-ranchers.html

3. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

They had alternative routes to avoid sensitive areas as stated in the article you cited. It is an oil pipeline, I don't know why people seem to think it is gonna leak oil all over the place. Silly reason to stop this job creating venture. Now the Canadians will just sell the oil to the Chinese, and the pipeline will probably never get built.

4. stonehorse

stonehorse New Member

So Obama killed the only job in America?

You make it sound like there is no other work to be done other than this pipeline.

We don't need the pipeline. But we do need to rebuild our bridges, dams and other infrastructure. Why aren't doing that?

Is it because the only worthwhile jobs are those that put money in the connected pockets?