Hope and Change: How far have we come?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by FearandLoathing, Nov 19, 2011.

1. FearandLoathing

FearandLoathing Well-Known Member

Barak Owebama was elected on what is likely the most vague platform in history: Hope and change.

Three quarters of the way through his mandate how far have we come? Taking into account that he had complete control of the house and senate for two years, can we document change?

Where is there hope?

I know, he "inherited" this mess, but we must remember that he not only claimed he could fix it, but has at times claimed he has fixed it....

So, what is the situation. Is the United States advancing positive change that provides hope?

2. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

How far have we come? Well, that's tricky. 'Cause we involves both of us.

How far have I come? I don't see as much change as I'd hoped for, but I do see hope.

There seem to be two sides at the moment: one says that we should give up hope of a good society, and become heartless monsters like the Chinese, who have at times believed that it is better for the people to be ruled by dragons; then there's the other side, that says we should keep hope and continue struggling together and that the people should be free. And the dragons can hang out if they want but they won't be our masters.

So how far have you come?

3. FearandLoathing

More proof that the US education system is in trouble; the pronoun "we" in this case is used as a collective and has nothing to do with you and I.

Interesting to see that you have nothing to offer.

So, try this: how far has the nation come?

4. frodo

frodo New Member

5. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member

I have hope that we can change who will be living in the White House and who will have the majority in the Senate as a result of the 2012 election. :mrgreen:

6. SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher Banned

When Obama said Hope and Change, he meant Hope he could become part of the club, and Change the loan sharks illegal money into new US currency, courtesy of the Fed Reserve printing press, run by his Bilderberg friend Bernanke. Cant wait to see Obama, with Clinton, Bush 1, and Bush 2 all together on the golf course explaining to us how they all agreed with each other., when the next Bilderberg vetted US president takes office.

7. Lex Naturalis

Lex Naturalis New Member

Those who live on hope will die fasting. The challenge of Barack Obama to get re-elected is the same of that of the 2008 election. That challenge is to get people to abandon reason and listen to irrelevent emotions.

algranny and (deleted member) like this.
  8. 9/11 was an inside job

9/11 was an inside job Well-Known Member

Nope this fraud president George W Obama has not only continues Bushwackers policys,he has accelerated and expanded them as well.Funny how he refers to change as putting ther corrupt clinton cronies in office.making Hellary secretary of state and keeping neocon Robert Gates from the Bush administration on secretary of defense.:mrgreen:

9. 9/11 was an inside job

10. 9/11 was an inside job

actually this post is even better than Frodo's and gets the honor as best post on this thread now.

11. FearandLoathing

This is a great post.

I am somewhat surprised that none of the Owebama supporters have come to the defense. I guess that means there has been no change and the situation is hopeless...

12. 9/11 was an inside job

they ran out of lies to think up to support their ramblings.:-D