What Cars do you have?

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by XLR8TR, Nov 20, 2011.

1. XLR8TR

XLR8TR New Member

I don't know about you, but I think everybody loves cars in general. Just wondering, but kind of cars do you guys drive?...Please don't lie, be honest, because you are lying to yourself if you tell us you drive a Bugatti Veyron or something like that.

2. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

The one I keep in my garage.

Richard The Last likes this.
  3. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have a Fools Royce, Dentley and Aston Harold.

I'm not lying. I'm just economical with the truth in this day and age.

4. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 which I love, but I must admit that the saying is true:

[​IMG]

It's expensive to own a Jeep, but they are fun to drive.

william kurps likes this.
  5. old timer

old timer New Member Past Donor

I own a 2005 ford focus ZX4. This car was originally supposed to go to Germany to be driven on the autoban. But somehow it wound up here in Jackson. The speedometer says 140 and I am here to tell you that it will do it. I have had it up to 110 and still had a lot of petal left. It is quick as an arrow off of the starting line and when I punch it by the time I can say giddyup it is already gone. Guess I got lucky. I checked with Ford and they verified that it was supposed to have gone to Germany.

6. mikezila

mikezila New Member

Ford is famous for that, but GM does it too. every now and then, a police Tahoe will end up in a soccer mom's garage...they try to get it back, but they rarely succeed.

7. old timer

old timer New Member Past Donor

Yep, Germany's loss was my gain. And there is no way that I am giving my car up.

8. mikezila

mikezila New Member

i've got a 1985 Cherokee, 2dr, 4x4, w/"2.8L"....it had the original motor replaced with a Goodwrench crate 3.4L...in a 2.8 block. it looks like a little gray turd, but i got 2 lengths on my mechanic buddy when he was still spinning his wheels, and that at 64 inches wide at the wheels, it will go places that you would only expect a horse. :-D

we won't go into the $800 viscous coupler. :omfg:

9. mikezila

mikezila New Member

people rarely do...there's a 1971 Mustang convertable in my back yard i bought on eBay in 2006. after what i went through to get the title, i ain't never giving it up unless my 21 month old son wants to drive it...and at the rate i'm going, that's about when it will be done.

anybody out there know where i can get a rag joint?

10. Renegade4196

Renegade4196 New Member

2004 Cadillac DeVille DTS..quite reliable actually, car runs like new after over 120,000 miles.

11. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Banned

I have a fleet...

1979 Coupe de Ville, Tuxedo Black. 542ci stroker engine, about 550HP. Looks like a nicely-kept de Ville, even has wheelcovers. Mid-12-second 1/4 mile on the motor, 12-flat on nitrous.

1974 AMC Gremlin X, Big Bad Green. 401 engine with a blower, 4-speed, rollcage, racing seats, Cragar wheels, sidepipes...loud, fun.

1995 Chevy Caprice wagon, white, no woodgrain. Last of the big Chevys, has LT1 350 power, a true "old lady" car.

1979 Ford F-350 XLT Ranger 4x4 SuperCab Camper Special, red. Originally a 400 engine, now has a 5.9 litre Cummins diesel from a newspaper van.

1993 International Genesis school bus, motorhome conversion.

12. Herkdriver

Herkdriver New Member

'96 Jeep Cherokee approaching 200K on the odometer.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Here's my ride...

[​IMG]

She's a bute, ain't she?

mstrman and Merwen like this.
  14. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

This is what I have... in the future. :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]

I'm not very materialistic... but this is one of the few material things in life that motivates me. I love the 350z, it's a brilliant car. It's reasonably priced for what it is, and with some modifications it will destroy just about anything that dares to challenge it. Check out 350z racing videos on youtube... the Z owns!

15. Renegade4196

Renegade4196 New Member

That Coupe De Ville must look amazing. I love black Cadillacs.

16. mikezila

mikezila New Member

Cherokees are awesome, eh?

17. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Banned

You have my Jeep, dagnabbit! :twisted: I'm getting a 97 Cherokee soon...but REALLY wanted a 96! That's the best one: the ONLY year that the older body & interior was used with the later (OBD2) engine electronics!

18. XLR8TR

XLR8TR New Member

Really?...wow...I guess you and I have quite different views on this car. The 350z has one of the worst clutches I've ever used and has absolutely no torque at low rpm's...not to mention I feel like its going to float away on curves...eeek...it didn't leave me a good impression.

And also, it isn't as fast as you think...it only "accelerates" toward the end right before you have to shift, because as I said...it doesn't produce any torque until around 5-6k rpm.

Im not sure if the 370z is an improvement, but Im talking about the 350z specifically.

19. dudeman

dudeman New Member

All wheel drive is the only way to go. I only drive manual transmission vehicles. With front or rear wheel drive vehicles I wear out the tires in the front or back within 5,000 miles. Very hard to burn rubber with all wheel drive unless rev and pop.

20. injest

injest New Member

2007 Ford F350 Black...very similar to this

[​IMG]

2010 Ford Focus Red (this is my actual Focus here, can't find a pic of the truck on here!)

[​IMG]

son has a beat up old black Ford truck, son in law has a grey Toyota Camry...but we still let him park it in our drive..well over to the side where we don't have to look at it...

21. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Sure, there are all sorts of supercars I'd love to have, but I'll never have supercar money, so the Z is a good compromise. Plus there is the style, I love the way it looks, inside and out. So for the money it's a great compromise.

22. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

1997 Ford Laser

23. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

z28 camaro for weekend and daily driver an acura because foreign automobiles are more dependable than american made

24. sec

sec Well-Known Member

I used to say the same thing but took a chance with the company who did not receive union bailouts from the taxpayers. I have no issues with my Mustang and would buy another Ford.

I don't just blindly support American companies. They must provide a quality product and support American ideals. Receiving taxpayer bailouts for the unions is not the American way. There is also a Nissan, Mazda and Honda in my driveway and the Ford goes toe to toe with them

25. XLR8TR

XLR8TR New Member

Well, as of right now, I pretty much vow to keep loyal to one single car company my entire life...because I have yet to see cars that have better handling, better feel, better overall amazing-ness then BMW...

Yes...they are unreliable depending on the line-up sometimes, but the suspensions, transmissions, ratios...etc body styles (except for e60), just cannot be beat by anything.