Justifying Use of Force: "OWS Is the Worst Most Horrible Thing EVER!"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Silhouette, Nov 20, 2011.

?

Is talking about ramping hyberole in OWS a fair topic?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Yes, they've done it with other social movements to justify use of force.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. No, branches of the CIA would never place fake violent hippies to justify force.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

FiddlerDave posted this on the "OWS Protestors Rape Puppies, Burn Cigarettes on Kindergartners & Torture Handicapped!" thread that was dismantled after several posters became very angry that their hyperbole was being diluted:

And yet it is a very current and viable topic to discuss. Now, deleting a thread is pretty extreme. And I made it clear that it was not to flame or to incite flaming but instead to discuss the actual inciting of flaming which are the numerous and ongoing posts ramping up and blowing out of proportion, tales of violence in the OWS protest.

Given that in the past, the FBI, and now PSYOPs, employs the type of tactics known of and documented in COINTELPRO, there is a very disturbing trend going on.

The patent unfairness is evident.

*********s showed up to rallies in hordes, with leaders shouting and espousing "second amendment remedies" to political grumblings, with loaded sidearms no less...

Meanwhile many more OWS people are showing up in cities across the US and have yet to show up and start shouting about shooting people with the loaded guns they brought in order to find solutions to their political grumblings.

2. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Your last thread was epic fail, what made you think this one was going to be any different?

And nothing ever happens at Tea Party rallies, hmmmm.

Maybe you'd like to explain why there have been shootings, rapes, and deaths at OWS?

3. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obama is the CnC, so if anything like that is happening, its on him.

4. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

Nothing happened to dirty *********s because they are nothing but Koch tools; *********s are harmless to the establishment, they are just the GOP radical wing led by Dick Armey, a career politician and filthy lobbyist.

5. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

I like the term "Koch Machine"...lol..

The astroturf hired-hands known as "the TeaParty" came to rallies with loaded sidearms chanting about "second amendment remedies" to "their" [ramped up and harnessed by Koch et al] political grumblings.

Flip it around. That's all you have to do. Flip it around...where were the police with tear gas canisters when that was going on? The mandate to peacefully assemble in protest was not enforced at tea party rallies.

If Michael Moore came on MSNBC, told viewers to protest using armed weapons to effect "second amendment remedies" to their complaints, you would have the ENTIRE national guard descending on him and any soul who showed up armed to any protest like that.

But that's OK becuase it was about keeping healthcare away from tens of millions with the *********s. When it's about getting healthcare for the tens of millions, then it's a "violent problem that justifies the use of force"...even though democratic representative Gabby Giffords, fierce universal care PROPONENT, was the one shot in the head for dead by someone using second amendment remedies to solve his "grievances with government.."....wonder where he picked up on that idea? If he was a liberal, why shoot someone who agrees with him?

6. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Just bring out the snipers and pick them off like at Kent State.

7. Dispondent

The Tea Party would gather for a day and go home. These sleazy low lifes squat and ruin entire neighborhoods.

What you people are suggesting is that there is a shadow conservative movement that employs the tactics seen to have been used by our federal agencies, how about bringing the proof and not unfounded conspiracies.

8. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

Don't you love the *********s? Their motto is to kick out "eevil govermnant" and "cerrupt careeer politishans" but they are led by Dick Armey who has been a politician and a lobbyist for the past 27 years! :-D :-D :-D

9. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

With loaded sidearms don't forget...chanting and holding up signs espousing using lethal force with weapons to solve their political grievances...don't leave that part out..

Meanwhile, here's a thread talking about why som many people do have the time to camp out in protest as opposed to going to a home [they may quite likely no longer have], and working at a job they can never hope to find...

http://www.politicalforum.com/current-events/217291-jobs-pyramid-healthcare-crisis.html

10. Brewskier

Glad we established that Tea Party members are not a threat, and OWS protesters are. That's progress.

11. Dispondent

And yet not a shot was fired... Not the case with your heroes it would seem.

No jobs will be found while squatting, no housing either, as they are shutting down small businesses with their antics, that new Frigidaire box won't be coming anytime soon to enhance their new residences...

12. Margot

Oh Jeez... they have been looking for jobs since 2006.

Quit being smug and blind.

The system is broken.. not our young people.. They have exactly the same grievances as the Tea Party.

13. Vergilius

Vergilius Banned

Yes, tea party are NOT a threat. The average ********** is a blow-hard a few steps away from their next heart attack waving a "don't tread on me" flag for two hours on a sunday afternoon. Of course even this hasn't happened in a long time, so it is kind of up for debate if the tea party is a near-forgotten blip on the political scene. It certainly wasn't an internationally driven movement. How many "tea party" solidarity protests happened in other countries?

They don't have the moral fortitude, stamina or strength to hunker down and see their unambitious motivations through.

The tea party are not a threat. They are pawns to big business and big government - their supposed enemies.

14. Brewskier

That's because there doesn't have to be a mandate, as nonviolence is already common sense. Tea Party protesters are decent human beings and Americans who are perfectly capable of going to rallies with their legal firearms and not killing people. Perhaps you libs are so accustomed to members of your own ideology who illegally carry guns and kill people all the time that you can't tell the difference. Take a nice stroll through downtown Detroit and witness how well your fellow liberals handle gun ownership.

OWS, over the last two months, has had shootings, rapes, drug overdoses, violence against police officers, public defecation, public masturbation, and many other examples of illegal activity. The powers that be, even liberal ones like Mayor Bloomberg, have had enough. It's a criminal movement, and should be treated as such. The Tea Party has never had this kind of activity at their events, so it does not need to be treated harshly. Pretty simple concept.

Yes, plenty of conservatives have videos of themselves burning American Flags. :roll:

This guy was clearly a nutcase, but if he was political, he was a left-winger. Own it. He's one of yours.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCzar1Y-go8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCzar1Y-go8[/ame]

15. Brewskier

Really? I don't see too many people filling out resumes or calling employers at those rallies. Plenty of people pooping on police cars, but no job applications.

16. Dispondent

All of them? Really? Who is being blind now?

The young people are simply broke, because they won't go work. That is going to make them broken in the future when they need to explain what they were doing in OWS camps and not looking for jobs when things pick up.

17. Brewskier

Failed liberal ideas have destroyed Europe as well, so it's not surprising that idiot liberals overseas came to the incorrect conclusion that businesses, and not their failed Governments, have destroyed their societies. Liberals are like trained seals who bark for fish from the Government, so it will take a lot to get them to turn on their masters.

The Tea Party was responsible for the most dramatic mid-term election result in US history... all the OWS movement has accomplished is the spread of head lice, stinking up downtown areas, shutting down small businesses, rapes, and giving us successful Americans something to laugh at. Oh, and it gives us a great, lasting image of Obama's America. That should pay dividends in 2012.

18. Margot

Are you kidding me? How many homes and libraries are you haunting to watch anyone applying for jobs?

One guy pooped on a police car.

19. Brewskier

Homes? Libraries?

OWS protesters live, or should I say squat, in downtown areas. Some have been there for over two months. If they "have been looking for jobs since 2006", it might be hard for them, considering the post office doesn't deliver job offers to "da park, tent 24".

20. Dispondent

The question moving forward is who wants to hire these rabblerousers? I don't need that sort of attitude in my workplace. I don't want whiny brats populating my payroll.

21. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

How many attention-whore threads are we going to have on this ?

22. Brewskier

Exactly

When this is all over with, these OWS'ers are going to have to worry about their ability to get hired even more. It will really suck for them to have to explain their long gaps in employment history, especially when they have to say "Well, I was protesting capitalism in the park! So how much money are you going to give me, Mr/Mrs 1%'er?"

23. Dispondent

It goes a bit further as well. Do I want to hire someone that might bring a bullhorn to work because they don't want to live up to my expectations? Do I have to fear a sit-in because the soda machine is empty one day? These sorts of cretins are not the people I want to employ. I need only see how they behave when they don't get what they want to know that.

24. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

What, are you afraid that the topic of the plethora of threads started to ramp up hyperbole to justify using force at the OWS rallies might dilute the campaign?

We'll keep this one thread about the hyperbole. You keep your 30 other threads that all have the same title with only slight variations: "OWS is the Worst Most Horrible Thing EVER!"

25. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

So the pepper spray thing is interesting. Peaceful protestors get blasted in the face for sitting on the ground, doing nothing, saying nothing..

I tried to find on youtube where police pepper sprayed *********s who showed up with loaded sidearms at their protest rallies, shouting slogans of using second amendment remedies [guns] to solve their grumblings. I couldn't find a single youtube where that happened. Nor where a US Marine was blasted in the head with a tear gas canister. Nothing.

Do you get the feeling like the police are being given the thumbs up to ramp up their violence in order to get someone in the crowd to react, and then "justify" a counterattack? While of course the official statements from mayors are always "oh he'll be placed on administrative leave while we figure this out [while it disappears from the press and onto the next one]. "Administrative leave" in this case may mean "paid vacation to Hawaii".

I think there should be a branch of OWS that does nothing but track officers who are on "adminstrative leave" and see where they are and what they're up to. If they're in the Bahamas on a lavish vacation, and no reprimand panning out...yeah...just keep an eye on that? How about a website listing the officers, their offenses, the conditions of their punishments and ongoing status of where they are and what they are up to, and any final punitive measures. It would be fun to keep track of that online and have OWS be able to see what the 1%ers are really up to with their "objections" to heavy handed police..