Left-Wing feminists "seek to fight online misogyny"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by D-Fens, Nov 21, 2011.

1. D-Fens

D-Fens New Member

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/14/w...misogyny-critics-decry-threat-to-free-speech/

The article in the New Statesman: http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/helen-lewis-hasteley/2011/11/comments-rape-abuse-women

I fail to see how insulting people over the internet is hate speech. Apparently calling a woman a "fat, ugly (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" is wrong, but calling a man a "fat ugly son of a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)" would be perfectly fine.

Their critics are right; they will eventually go down the road of silencing all opposition to their radical brand of feminism. This is the same M.O. that groups like the ADL and SPLC have been doing for years - by labeling certain impolitically correct sites as "hate sites," then forcing ISP's to shut them down.

2. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

I like your username.

[​IMG]

3. D-Fens

D-Fens New Member

It's a fitting tribute, and an a appropriate one for me at the moment, seeing as I am an out-of-work engineer. I don't plan on shooting anyone though.

4. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

LOL, the same leftwing feminists who tore Sarah Palin and her daughter into little bitty pieces?

Those of us who burned our bras and fought for the Equal Rights Amendment were the real feminists. Today's version are just liberal whiners who happen to be female.

5. Unifier

Unifier New Member

Why are they online in the first place? Silly women. Computers don't belong in the kitchen. 8)

Misandry is an exponentially greater social problem in 2011 than misogyny. But people are so used to it that they aren't even offended by it anymore. It's just normal to them now. In an era where so many kids are growing up without fathers, more effort should really be made to highlight the good points of men. They've become an endangered species.

As for internet trolling being "hate speech," get over it. If your skin is that thin, either go get some counseling or stop going to places on the internet that hurt your feelings. You've got freedom of choice. Use it.

6. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

Feminists fall in with leftists...
    Leftists fall over themselves to apologize for Islamists...
    Islamists brutally violate the civil rights of their female 'cattle' (among others)...

Somehow, these women's complaints will be blamed on the right.

It's all so confusing.

:fart:

7. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Right on!......

8. Defengar

Defengar New Member

As a liberal, I have got to say that ultra feminists (*)(*)(*)(*) me off than just about any other group. I am fine with wanting to be treated equal, but when you actively try to place yourself above others and then can`t take criticism, even from within your own organization it gets really old really fast.

9. PatrickMahoney

PatrickMahoney Banned

Just to be clear, leftists do NOT like Islamists. Stupid Israel haters who claim to be on the left do.

I am as far left as it gets, and I LOATHE pisslam and am a supporter of Israel. To me pisslam is a reactionary, right-wing feudalist ideology.

10. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Falling Down was and still is my favorite movie of all time and I'm 53 years old.