How the situation with Iran may reflect on Georgia

Discussion in 'Nuclear, Chemical & Bio Weapons' started by jeddie80, Nov 23, 2011.

1. jeddie80

jeddie80 New Member

Recently, many European media wrote that the UK, U.S. and Israel are preparing plans for the missile attacks on Iranian nuclear facilities. Similar reports came after the IAEA report, which states that Tehran is actively pursuing its uranium enrichment activities and, consequently, is developing nuclear weapons.

The UK Ministry of Defense has established a special group for developing a plan of military operations in Iran. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has recently proved the existence of a similar plan in Israel.
    Of course, such an aggression against Iran will affect the region, many states of which are the USA allies. For example, Georgia can support the U.S.
    International experts think that the territory of Georgia may become a battlefield in that war.

An indirect confirmation of this fact is the increased military-technical cooperation between Tbilisi and Washington, constant visits of senior representatives from the Pentagon to Georgia, the participation of the U.S. in reconstruction of military facilities in Georgia and regular joint military exercises.
    For example, a large resonance in the Georgian media got the story about the construction of the U.S. biological lab near Tbilisi, which has already started research in developing biological weapons.

The U.S. also finances the reconstruction of the runways at Tbilisi and Vaziani airfields.
    Obviously, in case of war Georgia would become a transit point for U.S. military forces close to the border with Iran. Batumi and Poti seaports are perfect for the delivery of military supplies and troops. Senaki, Marneuli, and Telavi air bases will be used to refuel aircrafts and military equipment. In addition, after the 2008 war the U.S. have supplied Georgia an impressive arsenal of NATO standards weapons which would be enough to equip two Georgian armies.
    For example, there’s a warehouse of powerful American air bombs located in Gori, which can be used to destroy bunkers with Iranian centrifuges.

And it is still a big question whether the participation of Tbilisi in a possible war against Iran will be limited with the provision of the territory, material and technical base only or not. The constant increase of Georgia's military contingent in Afghanistan provides a hint of suspicion on Georgian leadership's intention to train their soldiers in the war against the Muslims in hot climate.

However, the realization of such a scenario contains a lot of "gotchas." We shouldn’t forget that there’s a number of ethnic minorities who practice Islam in Georgia. And it’s not only ethnic Azeris, but also the Meskhetian Turks, Chechens Kistin, Avars, and even Adzharians converted to Islam. We can confidently say that they will not support the country's participation in the war against Muslims. The unrest on the religious and ethnic grounds may ultimately destroy the Georgian statehood.

2. DennisTate

DennisTate Well-Known Member Past Donor

Do you think that this might eventually become a good place to test out the F-35's and F-22 Raptors?

http://www.politicalforum.com/canad...orrect-abt-f-35-being-best-our-air-force.html
    Could P. M. Stephen Harper be correct abt the F-35 being the best for our air force?

I have ran for public office as an independent three times.

In 2009 I decided to join Canada's Liberal Party partly because I really like the fact that Mr. Stephan Dion proved that his party takes climate change very seriously.

Also, I was extremely impressed by the way Mr. Michael Ignatieff responded to the 2009 budget. He termed it a relatively "liberal" budget considering that it was tabled by the Conservative Party and P. M. Stephen Harper.

It immediately became obvious that the centrist Liberal Party is the place where somebody would fit best who believes that our political opponents should be given credit....... if and when they actually deserve it.

Does P. M. Stephen Harper deserve credit for making it clear that he prefers the F-35 over any other jet?

(notice post # 412 here):

http://www.politicalforum.com/lates...24-bombers-practiced-attack-runs-nato-42.html

"Russia’s newest Su-30 multirole jets and Su-24 bombers practiced attack runs on NATO "
    Quote Originally Posted by

3. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

Sorry, you lost most of your credibility the moment you involved Israel.

Israel has damned few cruise missiles. To be specific, here they are:

Popeye, a submarine/air launched short range (75 km) cruise missile. Since Iran does not have any nuclear facilities within range, this can be eliminated automatically.

Delilah, an air launched cruise missile. 250km range, with a warhead of only 30 kilograms. Almost of no use other then against a point target like a single small building or vehicle.

Gabriel IV, a short range (200km) ship launched missile. Once again, worthless since Iran does not have it's nuclear facilities anywhere near that close to the coast.

Wow, I guess you mostly just made all that up.

4. AboveAlpha

AboveAlpha Well-Known Member

Israel has been told by the U.S. not to attack Iran under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES without first consulting us.

If Israel attacked Iran's Nuclear Facilities they would attempt to bomb them with F-15E's and F-16's.

Which would cause Radioactive Dust to poison the entire Middle East.

YOU DO NOT BOMB NUCLEAR SITES!!!

You....SEIZE THEM!!

AboveAlpha

5. Mushroom

Then why have they been attacked several times in the past?

1980, Israel attacked Iraqi nuclear complex in Operation Scorch Sword.

1981, Israel completely destroyes an Iraqi Nuclear Complex in Operation Opera.

During the Iran-Iraq War, Iraq bombed an Iranian nuclear plant 6 times.

1991, the US bombed 3 different Iraqi nuclear plants and enrichment facilities.

1991, Iraq targeted an Israeli nuclear plant with muctiple SCUDs.

So sorry, you do indeed bomb nuclear plants.

6. AboveAlpha

They bombed them before they became operational.

AboveAlpha

- - - Updated - - -

At least the Israeli's did.

We would NEVER allow them to bomb a fully active Nuclear Reactor.

AboveAlpha

7. Mushroom

"We would never allow them"?

They are a soverign nation, and if they decide it is in their national interest, Israel has no problem with ignoring what the US or UN says and doing things entirely on their own. Sorry, but only conspiracy theorists think that Israel does what the US tells it to do (or the reverse).

And the Negev Nuclear Research Center at Dimona, Israel was indeed active, and had been so for almost 30 years before it was attacked. It was only the horrible inaccuracy of the SCUD that prevented it from actually being hit.

8. AboveAlpha

Perhaps I mispoke a bit.

I should have stated.....UNLESS ISRAEL WANT'S TO NOT ONLY LOSE IT'S $20 BILLION A YEAR MONETARY AND MILITARY AID DONOR....and this does not even include the Billions Israel get's from Private Companies and Private U.S. Citizen's......then Israel does what they are told.

YOU and I BOTH KNOW.....that if Israel was to bomb with F-15E's and F-16's...ironically Israel has designated the F-15 Eagle the BUZZARD.......and Israel hit and destroyed a FULY ACTIVE IRANIAN REACTOR....or perhaps Israel Bombed a massive.....(Iran thought they could dig and build Secret Uranium Underground Enrichment Facilities and the U.S. would not detect it.).....WHICH IS RELLY F@#%!NG STUPID for Iran to think considering the U.S. Posseses and has possesed for a long time DEEP GROUND AND SEA PENETRATING RADAR.....if Israel bombed either such facilities it would cause a RADIOACTIVE DISASTER IN THE MIDDLE EAST!!!

Continued.....AboveAlpha.

9. AboveAlpha

Because I owe a Friend MY LIFE.....I got SUCKED INTO PLAYING BABYSITTER for Low Level Negociations between the Palestinian Authority and Israel and no matter what anyone tells you when it comes to SPECIAL TEAMS like mine.....EVERYONE IS A PARTICIPANT!!!

Thus the IDF, Israeli Governement, Settler Groups, Hamas, Fatah, Hezbollah, No Islamic Jihad last time as a splinter group that was attempting to KILL AMERICAN'S developed and if there is ONE RULE IN THE PALESTINAIN, LEBANON, SYRIAN, ISRAELI AND PALESTINAIN TERRITORIES AS OF LATE IT IS THIS......

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE AMERICAN'S TO BE TARGETTED OR KILLED!!

Anyways.....I have done this JOB several times now and MY DEBT TO MY FRIEND IS PAID IN FULL.....as YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE WHINING, B!#@H!NG, ARGUING....etc....that goes on and once it took them a few DAYS just to agree whether or not BOTTLED WATER would be supplied for the High Up Negociation Summit OR.......if instead it was PITCHERS OF ICED WATER WITH GLASSES!!!

My Team and I are CHOSEN by all sides as they have grown accostom to my......I COULD GIVE A S#!# LESS attitude as I don't take sides UNLESS SOME GROUP DOES NOT FOLLOW MY RULES!!

They can't feed their people but these SOB's show up in MERCEDES LIMO'S.....and the Israeli's act just as bad.

I chose an undisclosable location that is a BUNKER.....UNDERGROUND.....and I PURPOSELY make certain they are PHYSICALLY UNCOMFORTABLE as I use tricks such as Hard Chairs.....a Table too high.....Stufy and Hardly Working A/C.....to speed things along as the FIRST TIME I did this I got stuck there for 2 MONTHS!!

The second time I did this one of the groups refused to keep their Body Guards and Vehicles at a distance of a Minimum of 120 Meters from the Bunker.

One Group started to pull their Vehicles Closer and because One Group did this THEY ALL STARTED DOING THIS and I had two of my Sniper Teams to shoot out the Tires of two vehicles to make a point!!!

Continued......AboveAlpha

10. AboveAlpha

The thing was my Team and I DID NOT WANT TO BE DOING THIS!!!

So an odd occurance happened.

The MORE is disrespected them and the MORE I made them uncomfortable......THE MORE ALL SIDES BEGAN TO TRUST ME AND MY TEAM!!!

I freely admit I hated doing this so much I PURPOSELY TRIED TO GET MYSELF AND MY TEAM KICKED OFF THE LOW LEVEL NEGOCIATION DETAIL!!!!

But in the words of one man who was Israeli...."It is GOOD to see you make them SWEAT while they are wearing all that rediculous garb!! And the Non-Israeli Negociators...or at least the Higher Up's were way over weight!!

In the words of a member of Fatah......"I and many of us like you because YOU MAKE THE #@!&^%$# ISRAELI'S SECOND CLASS CITIZEN'S IN THEIR OWN ILLIGAL COUNTRY!"

After that I KNEW I was NEVER going to get out of this JOB.

I have done it 3 TIMES!!!

And it took forever each time.

AboveAlpha

11. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Well-Known Member

What a bunch of drivel. Until this nuclear deal, which will put Iran's nuclear program all in one exposed location which can be taken out even by the Israelis, Israel had as much power to damage Iran's nuclear program as Iran had to damage Israel's! Except, in case of an Israeli attack on Iran, Iran would level Israel. Take that to the bank.

12. AboveAlpha

And exactly HOW would Iran attack and level Israel?

The Iranian Air Force is all but non-existant.

Plus if Iran lanched any kind of Military action against anyone in the Middle East the U.S. would get in the game and obliterate the Iranaian Military....at least those who did not surrender right at the start as any Iranian Military Commander KNOWS....going up against the U.S. Military is SUICIDE.

AboveAlpha

13. Iranian Monitor

Iran has an array of missiles and other means to hit Israel. They include Iran's ballistic as well as cruise missiles. They also include a huge arsenal of rockets and missiles at the hands of Hezbollah which are specifically intended to be used only to retaliate against any Israel attack. Even Iran's air force, which on paper consists admittedly of a bunch of largely obsolete aircraft from the 1970s and earlier, is a more serious force than you imagine because those old planes have all been modified and equipped with new weapons by Iran. But Iran, in any case, will not be relying principally on its air force to hit back at Israel. That is true.

As for the US, Iran entire defense doctrine is aimed and developed to enable it withstand US military action against it by making the costs of any such action prohibitive. While there is no doubt that, if the US was willing to suffer the consequences and costs, it would take out Iran, Iranian policy involves pushing the envelope far enough without doing anything that would actually give the US enough reason to wish to suffer the costs involved in confronting Iran militarily. The US military recognizes that the military option against will be messy, and while that option is always said to be "on the table", various American presidents of both parties have not pushed the point even when they have started wars on slimmer pretexts against other countries.

That said, the main focus of Israel is to make sure it will be able to drag the US in a fight against Iran. If they are upset with this deal (which is actually quite bad for Iran and favorable to them, in that it does expose Iran to attack whereas before Iran's nuclear infrastructure included sufficient elements in impenetrable underground and heavily fortified locations to make any military attack largely futile), it is because the deal signals that US is not willing to take on Iran militarily for Israel.

14. AboveAlpha

You do realise that we gave Iran what it wanted and if Iran does not honor this agreement the U.S. will have no choice but to seize all Iranian Nuclear Sites.

It is highly likely that the Iranian Navy and Air Force as well as Iranian Regular Army would stand down and not involve itself against any U.S. Military action as for them to do so would mean their deaths.

What the U.S. would have to deal with is the Iranian Repulican Guard and we could either obliterate them with heavy bombers or we could use Non-Nuclear EMP's and render their Mechanized Divisions Inert.

Anyway one looks at this...it is Iran's last chance.

AboveAlpha

15. AboveAlpha

Just to add....because the U.S. will not allow Israel to bomb Iranian Nuclear Facilities as to prevent Radioactive Dust to poison the region....if Iran makes the mistake of publically announcing it has developed Nuclear Weapons would result in an instant U.S. Military response.

So you had better hope the Iranian Religious Leadership doesnt make that mistake.

Iran is on the verge of becoming a Democracy as over 70% of all Iranian's are under the age of 30 years old.

And they sure as HELL don't want to be under the thumb of those Iranian Religious Leaders.

AboveAlpha

16. AboveAlpha

One last thing....the issue that has the Highest Priority is keeping the NPT intact.

Iran has broken almost every rule in the NPT and we have gone the extra mile to allow Iran to make good on it's promises.

If it doesn't....and the U.S. Military has to go in....it will make the Invasion of Iraq look like a couple of Firecrackers going off.

It would end Iran as you know it and that is why we have been talking with Iranian Naval and Air Force Leadership as they would be the first to die....thus we believe they would stand down rather than commit suicide trying to confront the U.S. Military.

The same thing with the Iranian Regular Army as against the U.S. Military they would have no chance and just be targets.

The Republican Guard are fanatical....and we would have to do something about them....but it might be better to use Non-Nuclear EMP's and render their Divisions inert rather than cause the deaths of Hundreds of Thousand's of Iranian Soldiers.

Because if we have to Invade against an Iran that claims it has Nukes....it would be a horrifying experience for all Iranian's.

The U.S. Military would treat this Invasion differently....and to protect against the use of Nukes....we would be ruthless....and brutal upon a level no one want's to see.

Iran must HONOR it's agreement with us....or cease being a Nation.

AboveAlpha

17. Mushroom

[​IMG]

Actually, that is not really true at all.

Most of the Iranian missiles are really nothing but locally built variations of the SCUD. And those only barely have the range to hit parts of Israel. The real worry in the region is nations like the UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar, which are very much within range of these missiles. Not Israel, which is really barely withing range, on their Eastern borders.

As for cruise missiles, yea they have some. 12 to be exact, Ukranian built Cold War era Soviet surplus. They are rumored to have been making their own for about 2 decades, but as far it is known they have never been tested.

This is generally accepted to be as real as their "Stealth Fighter".

18. Iranian Monitor

You have no clue and appear to me to be a troll. But in case you are not a troll, but simply misinformed, rest assured Iran has a variety of missiles of different capability having nothing to do with the old Soviet Scuds. For instance, when Iran first unveiled the solid fuel Sejil missile almost a decade ago, the father Israel's missile program, Uzi Ruben, noted that the Sejil "bears no resemblance to any North Korean, Russian, Chinese or Pakistani (missile technology). It demonstrates a significant leap in Iran's missile capabilities" putting Iran among an elite group of states possessing such technology. As for Iran's cruise missiles, you can read about the Ghadir missile in reputable defense journals such as Janes to learn about it.

In the meantime, you should also ask yourself a simple question: how is it that Israel fought a war against Hezbollah in 2006, with Iran supplying Hezbollah in a war that didn't go well for Israel, but Israel never dared to take any military action against Iran (Hezbollah's principal backer)? How come Israel waged war against the defenseless Palestinians in Gaza, aiming to destroy Hamas, with Iran openly supporting Hamas despite differences with the group on other issues, yet Israel didn't dare take any action against Iran? Israel has been striking all sorts of random targets in various countries, totally impervious to international law, including in recent years launching attacks against targets in Syria, Sudan, in Palestine, in Lebanon. If Iran didn't have the ability to hit back at Israel, and hit back strongly, Israel would be as unrestrained in taking action against Iran as it has been against various other states.

19. Iranian Monitor

In my last message, I inadvertently referred to the Ghadir cruise missile (which is anti-ship cruise missile developed by Iran), when I meant to refer to the Soumar cruise missile instead. The Soumar cruise missile is a long range missile that resembles the Russian Kh-55.

20. Mushroom

I spent over a year closely monitoring the Iranian missile program from across the Gulf. I have seen them do tests, I have seen their tests fail. We have even gone to high alert on more then once occasion because Iran does not do what most nations do, and that is warn others when they are about to conduct a missile test.

Trust me, I know quite a bit professionally about the Iranian missile program. It was my career for 5 years to shoot down missiles.

And the simple fact that you want to regard anybody that does not agree with you as a troll, tells me a lot about you.

But if you think I am trolling, then please go back through my history, and read about how often in here I have talked about not only middile defense, but missiles and aircraft capability. This is one of my specialties to be honest, and I have been following it for years.

Oh, and the photo? That is called "sarcasm". It is a parody of a famous instance where Iran got caught photoshopping a missile test, making it appear that none of the missiles to be tested failed. It is quite famous, especially among photoshoppers.

[​IMG]

Most of us take their military claims with a grain of salt the size of a house. Like their "stealth fighter". And most other items, which rarely performed as promised.

And I do not care what they claim, they are still locally built variations on the SCUD. Just as the majority of our ballistic missiles are variations on the V-2. But the difference is that while a Minuteman missile is drastically improved over the V-2, the Iranian missiles are little changed in capabilities from what they started with.

Sejjil, Al-Samoud 2, Ashoura, they are all variants of the SCUD to me because they all behave like different versions of the SCUD.

21. Strasser

Strasser Banned

The Iranian military is far poorer than the Saddam's military was; Iran wouldn't last nearly as long, maybe an hour and a half tops. They relied on the basic human wave tactics and gas attacks in their war with Iraq, and got nowhere. They're a joke, really. They start a war the Iranian survivors will be having to learn Kurdish in a month, because we sure as hell won't be going in to stabilize their power vacuum and help them restore anything; they will have to suffer with the 'aid' Putin gives them, which will amount to nothing, just a thorough looting and kiss off. Even now they would be much better off trying to get Oprah Winfrey to buy them and develop Iran into a theme park or something.

22. AboveAlpha

Mushroom has a very good clue.

What you are talking about is FANTASY.

Over 99% of all Iranian Missiles do not have the range to hit Israel and the one's that Iran claims can hit Israel have had very little success in testing.

Even with a hint that Iran might attack Israel the Israeli's have been developing Missle Defense as well the United States has in the region multile layers of Missile Defense and this would be augmented at any hint Iran might attack Israel.

With Improved Patriot II's on the ground along with U.S. Ticonderoga Class Aegis Cruisers equipped with SM-3 ABM/ASAT's as well as one or two other undiclosed U.S. Anti-Missile capabilities....Iran would have little hope of actually striking either Israel or any U.S. Protected areas in the Middle East.

AboveAlpha

23. Iranian Monitor

If by poorer, you are comparing military equipment and the like at the time of Desert Storm, then obviously that is true. Hundreds of billions of dollars had been poured into Saddam's military by the Arab leagues, with Saddam boasting quite an impressive military machine on paper equipped by primarily Russian and French equipment. But that military was designed in the 1980s to have qualitative advantage against an Iranian military which was cut off from supplies from the world, and was designed to wage war against Iran while enjoying the backing of the Arab league, NATO, and the Warsaw Pact. It was, on the other hand, a useless force when isolated from the world, having to now fight largely the same coalition that had fed it with that coalition better armed and better equipped.

Iran's forces, on the other hand, have been trained (ever since the Iran-Iraq war) to fight under different dynamics. Iran is not going to fight an enemy like the US by engaging in open desert tank warfare or putting up its aircraft in dog fights against American aircraft. Even if Iran had the best military equipment offered for export, those weapons would still be 2nd best compared to what the Americans could boast. But instead of relying on aircraft to deliver their payloads against enemy targets, Iran relies on what is today by far the largest missile force in the Middle East to deliver its payloads. Instead of relying on tanks, Iran's military doctrine (which is defensive in nature) relies on the kind of forces and weapons that would cause any enemy that contemplates attacking to suffer dearly and has invested in developing that kind of a force.. In case of war with the US, Iran will mine the waters of the Persian Gulf, trap US naval forces in those waters, closing off the Straits of Hormuz, and unleash an avalanche of missiles on oil and military facilities in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain et al, while using swarm tactics to overcome US naval defenses as well as relying on its anti-ship and mine warfare capabilities (both first class capabilities) to sink the US navy. (The dynamics of the battle there would be quite similar to the ancient Battle of Salamis, were a much larger Persian expeditionary naval force was defeated by smaller Greek naval forces. The Persians will this time be in the role of the Greeks, while the Americans will be playing the role the Persians once did).

As for Israel, its bluster and bravado notwithstanding, no one in Iran ever lost sleep worrying about any attack by Israel! The idea was silly and a joke. As one Israeli prime minister put it, the idea of "little Israel" attacking Iran on its own is the product of megalomania. The kind that Israeli supporters in the US suffer from but a tiny state like Israel can ill afford. Israel was supposed to show the Americans how a battle against Iran would go for the US when it took on Hezbollah in 2006, only to suffer a bloody nose. The suggestion that they would be taking on Iran on their own was always nothing except propaganda and you could see Iran never took the idea seriously, since it openly supported Hezbollah and Hamas even when Israel was waging war against them. While this nuclear deal will for the first time expose Iran's nuclear infrastructure to such attacks by making that infrastructure collected in one above ground area that can be taken out by a military strike (which does increase the chances of an Israeli miscalculation), at the end of the day, even this deranged fellow, Netanyahu, realizes what Israeli would be up against if it ever dared take any action against Iran on its alone.

24. AboveAlpha

Again you are talking FANTASY.

Iranian Leadership is well aware that any attempt to close off the Strait of Hormuz would result in the sinking of every Iranian Navy Ship and Sub that Iran has.

Iran would not last a week.

All Iranian Military Communication would be destroyed within the very first hours of a war and you had best HOPE that Iran never has to deal with a U.S. Invasion.

Iran has absolutely no chance against any U.S. Military Forces and just to add the vast majority of the Iranian People would NOT support such an idiotic decission to go to war with the United States.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and within the first NIGHT of any actual full scale war with the United States the vast majority of any and all Iranian Ability to fight back would be obliterated.

We are not talking about a war of Iran vs. Iraq....we are talking about a war where the ONLY reason the United States would go to war against Iran would be because Iran either annouced it had developed Nuclear Weapons or Iran did not HONOR it's agreement with the United States thus violating the NPT.

If such a thing happened the U.S. Military would NOT HOLD BACK!!

Not against a possible Nuclear Capable Nation.

All your bravado and defiance in your posts would end in the first 10 minutes of such a war.

You have absolutely NO IDEA the amount of MILITARY FORCE the United States can bring to bear.

We would seize all Iranian Nuclear Facilities FOR YOUR OWN GOOD as it is better we seize them than Israel Bombing them.

Most likely your Air Force, Navy and Regular Army would STAND DOWN and refuse to fight a battle they KNOW WOULD RESULT IN THEIR DEATHS!!

Your Republican Guard would be OBLITERATED by saturation bombing by B-2's, B-1B's and B-52's.

The U.S. Air Force can destroy HUNDREDS OF MILES WIDE AND LONG SWATHS OF ANYTHING AND ANYONE in a SINGLE PASS!!

And if you DARED attempt to use Nuclear Weapons we would VAPORIZE YOUR NATION.

Don't be STUPID!!!

HONOR THE AGREEMENT!!!

AboveAlpha

25. Iranian Monitor

This article by US Naval intelligence, although a bit dated as it was prepared in 2009 and Iran has improved its forces since then, is a good place to start to understand Iran's naval tactics and forces.

As for Iran's ballistic missile capabilities, Iran tests its different missiles and those tests are tracked by all of Iran's foes. Those capabilities which Iran has showcased (many it may not choose to show), aren't even subject to debate or the silly propaganda points which US/Israeli sources sometimes like to engage in. But what Israel and the US are quite desperate to find out is how many of each category of such missiles Iran has, which is one of the reasons they were trying to steer the nuclear negotiations in the direction of giving them (indirect) access to Iran's military sites. They will not get their answers and can engage in propaganda. I will only say this: as everyone acknowledges, Iran has invested heavily into its ballistic missile forces; these forces are built in sufficient numbers to overwhelm any defense against missiles, and in case of war, they will leave Israel flattened. For extra punch, Israel can count on the inventory of missiles and rockets that have been amassed by Hezbollah for just such a scenario as well. (Funny thing, Israel ostensibly began its war against Hezbollah to reduce the latter's missile and rocket force. Today, Hezbollah's rocket and missile forces -- including many with range to shower Tel Aviv -- are admitted to be several times what they used to be!).

As for Iran's Soumar long range cruise missile, perhaps this article would be useful since it contains quotes from Israeli sources that many here apparently are partial to and trust.

http://aviationweek.com/defense/iran-produces-first-long-range-missile
    Iran Produces First Long-Range Missile

Here are some images of the Soumar long range cruise missile:

soumar3.jpg
    Soumar-0309.jpg
    soumar-2.jpg