My thoughts on the outcome for Iran

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Poli-Dude, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Poli-Dude

Poli-Dude New Member

I have made a list of what I believe are the possible outcomes for Iran at this moment. Comments would be great!

1-Iran goes Nuclear,starts Nuke race- This personally is what I believe is most likely to happen. Iran using it's own Nukes as a way to become a Geopolitical power in the region. Once this happens the saudi arabia and turkey, both nations who are not friends of Iran shall also race to get nukes. Thus a nuclear Middle east (4 nations, Israel, Iran, turkey and saudi arabia)

2-Iran is attacked by Israel- Another outcome, Iran is attacked by joint Israel and NATO forces before the nation can get a nuke. This of course would not be an easy win. Iran having mass air defences and large army, the death range would be in the 100's of thousands

3-Iran is attacked by Israel, Syria comes to Irans Aid-This at the moment is VERY unlikely but has been talked about in some international relations circles. Once the first attacks are made against Iran, Syria well attack Israel (or israel well attack syria and Iran at the same time) Thus causing more blood shed

4- Iran gets nuke, attacks Israel-Very VERY unlikely. As no rational person would ever cause there own nations death. Iran nukes Israel, the U.S and Western nations turn Iran into a large mushroom cloud. The world then has to look at the millions dead and wonder what comes after a nuclear war in the middle east?

2. Nunya D.

Nunya D. Well-Known Member

I think #4 is more likely then you think. You are a "westerner" and the current faction in control of Iran do not think the same way as you or I. Beliefs can be powerful motivator in deciding course of action.

3. Poli-Dude

Poli-Dude New Member

I hear that argument alot. Even if religion is a factor in the leadership, killing millions of your own does not seem rational

4. sunnyside

sunnyside Well-Known Member

I wish at some point people would get clued in so I'd could quite posting this.

But there is no reason why Iran would have to overtly nuke anybody.

Just put a bomb on an unmarked ship with a few 72 virgin seeking martyrs and they sail it as close to New York or Tel Aviv as they can before a coast guard ship approaches (if one approaches at all) and then detonate.

There is no proof they did it, and Iran can say they didn't do it, maybe it was Pakistan or North Korea.

If that should ever happen, I guarantee there will be people on this very forum saying that it was really the Jews that were behind it. Especially if it's a US city that gets hit.

So if that happens, is the US president just going to nuke everybody with nuclear weapons that we don't like the way we would have during the cold war? I don't think so. The current political environment makes it relatively safe to nuke away.

5. Nunya D.

It is to them if they can kill 2 million of the people they hate.

6. Poli-Dude

Poli-Dude New Member

Yes cause Iran would risk this? They may hate the americans but why have nuclear powers who dislike the U.S not done this yet?

7. Nunya D.

Dude, you are applying "your" logic to a group of people who's actions are motivated by beliefs you can't even possibly understand unless you have spent time with them.

You keep saying "it isn't logical" or "it isn't rational".....well, is strapping explosives to yourself and running into a crowded market place full of women and children rational or logical?

sunnyside and (deleted member) like this.
  8. sunnyside

sunnyside Well-Known Member

During the cold war if a nuclear weapon went off near New York it was credible that the US would just nuke the heck out of the commies in response. The whole mutually assured destruction thing works when you've only got two blocs in play.

And now? Times they have changed in regards to the big powers.

[​IMG]

Any new countries going nuclear is a step in the wrong direction both in terms of the number of groups that might decide the pull the trigger, but it also makes assigning blame harder. Iran however presents a particular threat that cannot be ignored because of their whole government led "death to America" chants, their availibility of suicide bomber types, and even beside using a bomb they're engaged in varying levels of overt/covert hositilities in the area that they could intensify with a nuclear shield.

9. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

5. Iran gets nuke and accidentally drops it on Palestine, blames it on US and starts stealing Iraqi oil from US.

10. Poli-Dude

Poli-Dude New Member

So you believe Iran well drop a nuke on another nuclear power. Then invade an area controled by a major nuclear power?

11. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

Did you ever hear sarcasm? what I believe is the scum on the mass media are all retarded parasites.

12. Poli-Dude

Poli-Dude New Member

I am sorry. Hard to sense sarcasm over text :mrgreen:

13. jmpet

jmpet New Member

Iran does not need a deliverable weapon to get respect- which is what it's seeking- it only needs to have a few successful nuclear tests to be invited to the nuclear club and share knowledge with other nuclear nations which is what Iran wants.

I say we welcome them to the nuclear club and offer tech support from nuclear nations to properly develop tactical nuclear weapons. Of course this means we'll be pointing our nukes at Iran from then on as they are a potential real threat to the fragile stability of the world but if they want to join the club they have to play by big boy rules.

All of the rhetoric has to stop from Iran. Once established as a nuclear nation, they should command respect from world leaders which once again is what they ultimately want.

I welcome it. And two minutes after Iran launches nukes at ANYONE, the nuclear nations will collectively wipe Iran off the face of the Earth. Iran is fully aware of this, so I don't see anything happening when they get a spot at the big boy's table.

Overall I don't see this as a threat or a game changer in world politics. I say welcome them to the nuclear club and make them play by big boy rules which means no more taunting the genuflexing the world as you establish your own ground.

We all forget that Iran is a wonderful country that is very rich in human history, we also forget they are a second-to-first world nation that is self-sufficient. I see the day when Iran and the US are allies and with it, a cultural exchange that benefits both nations... everything else is double-speak and posturing.