Herman Cain was relieved to find out his cancer physician was a Christian

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

What a charmer.

Never shy to show his blatant bigotry, Herman Cain attempted to rally the Christian troops with a charming story about his doctor.

What sort of character does this man have? To publicly broadcast such an incredibly ignorant position? What did he think the doctor would do if he was Muslim?

Sorry Cain fans, but this was a pretty ugly remark.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...tian-article-1.981143?localLinksEnabled=false

Herman Cain prefers a God-fearing doctor... apparently, so long as that God is not called Allah.

The Republican presidential candidate -- who has come under the microscope for remarks about Muslims before -- shared a story with a crowd at a Christian-themed amusement park about a time several years ago when he was being treated for colon cancer.

One physician was named Dr. Abdallah, which he thought "sounded too foreign."

"I said to his physician assistant, I said ‘That sounds foreign’ -- not that I had anything against foreign doctors -- but it sounded too foreign," the Republican presidential candidate told the audience at Orlando's Holy Land Experience over the weekend.

But the assistant quickly calmed his fears, he said, as first reported by Yahoo News.

She told the pizza business magnate and devout Baptist that Dr. Abdallah was from Lebanon.

“’Oh Lebanon!’” Cain said. “My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine. She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon.’"

"Hallelujah!" Herman Cain" href="http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Herman+Cain" >Cain said he replied. "Thank God!"

The GOP front-runner was criticized this spring when he said he wouldn't feel "comfortable" appointing Muslims to Cabinet should he be elected President. He later backtracked, insisting he was talking about extremists.

Cain, 66, has previously discussed his battle against Stage IV colon cancer on the campaign trail. He was diagnosed in 2006 and now says he's cancer free.

2. CarlB

CarlB New Member

Real christians refuse medical treatment- Cain should only be allowed to pray for medical care, just like Perry prayed for rain!

3. Flag

Flag New Member

Perry prays for rain.
    Fires in texas and tropical storms in other states.
    [​IMG]

4. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

What an incredibly stupid man..

5. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

We definitely need a President who proudly wraps himself in ignorance and intolerance.

6. randlepatrickmcmurphy

randlepatrickmcmurphy Well-Known Member

LOL He has nothing against foreign doctors. But god help them if their name sounds too foreign! Bad news for all doctors named Jesus! Just when I thought Pimp Daddy couldn't possibly out-stupid himself.:twisted:

7. Ostap Bender

Ostap Bender Well-Known Member

You are wrong, can you prove your statement with the Holy Bible?

8. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

lol wtf? and which liberal friend of yours told you that?

9. Ironball

Ironball New Member

Hmmm.......you don't seem very shy yourself.

Nothing ugly about the remark unless you are looking for it......as you obviously are.

The man faced cancer, a Christian doctor gave him comfort and peace of mind. End of story.

10. fiddlerdave

fiddlerdave Well-Known Member Past Donor

Christian Science believers happily pray while watching their children slowly die in horrible agony of easily treatable diseases.

We are sure God loves it!

Here is one source's biblical basis for this love of children from "Dr." Lorraine Day.

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/medical/doctor_gift.htm

11. camp_steveo

camp_steveo Well-Known Member

Quick! Herman Cain is doing well!

ATTACK!

:bored:

12. Serlak2007

Serlak2007 Well-Known Member

Hope he will not change faith, I'm sure muslim Cain is completely opposite to christian Cain....