For those who would jail me for hiring illegals

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by peoplevsmedia, Nov 27, 2011.

1. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

I have a small concrete business and I've hired what you call "illegals" in the past. many times. part time work. at first I proudly tried the legal way - fill out the right tax forms for ss, etc... then the IRS started bombarding me and and that was the absolute end of that: if you think I am exaggerating something here, then you were never in my shoes - it's downright scarry their regulations. I hope you are proud of your stinking government which drives small businesses like mine and my dads out of the cities (in our case we relocated to Allegheney national forest in the same state, others who can afford leave the country all together) and I hope you enjoy your economy that you deserve for looking at ways to rip someone off rather then unite and do something about your government. I did a very patriotic thing drawing up a plan www.pvsi.net and all your ignorance proves yet again that you deserve nothing better then what you have - you are all lead by special interests who capitalize on corruption rather then attempt to get to the root of the problem.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  2. BleedingHeadKen

BleedingHeadKen Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you think the IRS is bad, try dealing with the California Franchise Tax Board *and* the California labor board. I won't hire anyone. It's just not worth it. I subcontract out a lot of work and now am using systems like eLance to outsource work to programmers in other parts of the world (not India.) I'd love to hire local but we've been through some of the problems and the most minor mistakes can destroy a business.

3. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

This has always been one of businesses biggest complaints. To many regulations. Obama wants to make it worse by piling more on.

4. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

I don't care how screwed up the system is, I've never hired illegal immigrants and NEVER will. I'll not be part of a problem which I and so many others despise. I'm not going to screw over fellow citizens while complaining about the problem at large. Use a temp agency or pay friends or family under the table.

5. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

We you able to underbid your competitors by not paying payroll taxes and such?

6. Ctrl

Ctrl Well-Known Member Past Donor

Every legitimate business in the country manages to hire US citizens and pay its taxes, but it was too hard for you(r dad).

Noted.

7. BleedingHeadKen

So your belief is that a business is only legitimate if it can overcome the cost of any regulation placed upon it by government. ADA, immigration, industry-specific, labor, etc.

8. kilgram

kilgram New Member

Then yes, and good fines you should have and your business should be closed, for hiring illegals, and probably underpaid... Nice attitude the yours, yeah...

9. BleedingHeadKen

What are you going to do about illegals in your anarchist society? How can someone be illegal if there's no government?

10. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you hire illegals you should be fined until you can no longer afford to operate. .
    Jail time is taking it a little to far...

11. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

I remember reading a while ago that it takes over a month on average to get through all the paper work you need in the US to start a business. In Australia it's something like 3 days which people here complain about no end.

12. Vergilius

Vergilius Banned

Longer than that depending on your business. A co-worker has been building a special elevator for a handicapped woman, and it takes months to get all the inspectors there. The US has really idiotic laws at times, and then you have to deal with uptight zoning boards and everyone else...

This is one thing I generally agree with is that 1. there are far too many regulations on small businesses and 2. that the tax code needs to be drastically simplified

13. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

there is no way they can expect small business to work without illegal labor

even many big businesses who can afford not to hire illegals contract them out

14. unrealist42

unrealist42 New Member

It is not that hard to employ people if you have the software to do all the work for you, which any smart business person would have anyway. Otherwise it is just laziness stupidity and/or ignorance.

15. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

Right. and that is scarry stuff which I guess many democrats do not (want to) understand

16. BleedingHeadKen

Not really. One can get started within a day or two. Getting approval for a corporation can take some time, and lately it's been a hassle mainly due to poor budgeting and bureaucracy. Once the papers are filed, however, one can start the business. It will depend also on the type of business, as I'm sure is the case in Australia. Regulations are burdensome, but we aren't quite at the point, yet, where we see mass emigration due to lack of opportunity. Most Americans seem unaware that the tyranny many immigrants fled was not dictatorship, but red tape.

17. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

I do not have friends or family in this country besides my father, and if I hire a helper, I hire based on performance not based on what documents he has.

18. peoplevsmedia

peoplevsmedia Banned

With this type of attitude there will soon be a war to determine who is illegal and who's not.

19. cd8ed

cd8ed Well-Known Member Past Donor

umm... we already know who is illegal... and who is not...

20. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

Well, thanks for being part of the problem then I guess.

Should you be jailed? I don't know. But you should be fined, perhaps even lose your business license.

21. teeko

teeko New Member Past Donor

I have a business, I have never hired illegals. You are not doing something right because you can deduct wages from your income tax. It is businesses like yours that take jobs away from US citizens Shame on you.

22. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

Shut up - you use illegals because it's cheaper. There's a word for people like you who betray your own countrymen just to make a fast buck. But being a decent christian, i won't say it.

23. BleedingHeadKen

So, is it wrong to use certain types of people because they work for less (not just illegals but young people or urban versus rural, etc), or did Jesus say that it's specifically wrong to utilize people who don't have government permission slips? I'm betting that many of the people in Jesus' life were disenfranchised and that it would have been illegal to employ them in certain trades protected by class or guild.

24. BleedingHeadKen

No one "owns" a job. A job is a description for an agreement between an employer and an employee. By your reasoning, you must also contend that he does not own his own business, but is instead part owner with the government and all of those who are permitted by government to work. When he decides to hire someone who is not permitted by the government to work, he violates the "right" of others to access to that employment. If you disagree with that assessment, then I allege that your argument is akin to arguing that his hiring of Jews would take away jobs from Christians.

25. teeko

teeko New Member Past Donor

You would be wrong.