Russia and the U.S. are condemned to be together in the 21st century.

Discussion in 'Russia & Eastern Europe' started by Ostap Bender, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Ostap Bender

Ostap Bender Well-Known Member

After Putin and Obama go away, surely will come new politicians who rethink the today's failed politics and probably will try to work more closer together.For the beginning in the Russian Siberia, otherwise China will annex this territory not later as in ten years.It would be interesting for the US - business if Russia makes a Free Trade Zone with USA in Siberia and grant the US business all possibilities and low taxes for successful manufacturing business. Why not new Manufacturings in Siberia instead of China? The Products could be sold in the European Part of Russia, Ukraine or the European Union.

The Stealing of Siberia by China is neither Russian nor American interest, therefore both countries should begin to start their new Siberian politic where today live only very few Millions of Russians.

Siberia as a Part of NAFTA?

2. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

You mean when Obama is gone, because I am pretty positive Putin isn't going anywhere for at least 8 years and maybe even more. He'll just find another Medvedev to take his place while he runs everything from behind the throne just like last time, that is if some "emergency crisis" doesn't come up where he convinces the Russia People to give him President for Life status or something like that.

As far as Siberia goes, China will own it outright by the end of the century.

3. Ostap Bender

I think China will possess it a little bit earlier, but the biggest Problem is indeed Putin. You know many People hate him, he was booed in the Russian huge Stadium. Many Russian Left and Right Politicians want to became American Friends, but Putin's Regime is a brake for it. Hopefully Putin will gotta go a little bit earlier too.

4. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Too many missed opportunities for Russia and America to ever work together. Too much bad blood. Russia and America will never work together. A new heaven and earth would have to be born for that to happen.

There are six million Slavs living in the Russian Federation east of Lake Baikal. There are more than one hundred ten million Han Chinese immediately to the south of that part of Russia. Demographics is destiny.

5. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Banned

Only those people who doesn't know history and culture of Russia and USA can think that this two giant monsters can live together.

Americans will never understand Russian character and Russian will never accept American society values. You can see this even on this forum. Look, no any Americans in this part of the forum, they simply don’t care about Pakistan, Zimbabwe, Russia and other 3rd world countries.

6. Albert Di Salvo

There may be zero reason to like or work with Russians, but there is ample reason to respect them.

7. MaxRiga

MaxRiga Banned

Any nation must be respected, including Albania. No one can demand any respect if he/she doesn't do any respect toward others.

8. raymondo

raymondo Banned

My understanding is that there is War already over who gets what in Mongolia ( incredible reserves of everything bar cream cakes) and the Arctic.
    But even though Putin is a very bad egg , in this respect he is right to stick up for his country against present day US Imperialist might .
    Who knows what is going to happen even in the short term ?
    In my book the US will be a much reduced global player as the real financial and economic tsunami sweeps over all of us .
    Putin could be gone as the Federation splits and may be he will finally be sacrificed by Russians in 2016( if he gets that far) as they also suffer economically .
    Regardless he has at least $100 billion to spend in retirement .
    It's impossible to forecast with any accuracy imo

9. Albert Di Salvo

Actually, Tsarist Russia stole much of Siberia from Qing Dynasty China. Siberia will ultimately be controlled from Beijing, not Moscow.

10. raymondo

raymondo Banned

How much for a personal reading . Albert ?
    Prefer Tarot to Tea Leaves . No Red indian spirit guides , please .

11. Albert Di Salvo

You'll have to drop your drawers, get me a pair of scissors, and bend over for the type of examination I'm contemplating. And I'll need a phalanx of Russians to hold you down. I suspect there will be more than a few volunteers.

12. Ostap Bender

For what respect?

For rusty nukes, championship in corruption, destroying of own country, selling of own womans or children as prostitutes, oligarchs, KGB, please write us FOR WHAT!

13. Albert Di Salvo

Respect for their literature, music, science, space exploration, and the willingness of tens of millions to throw their flesh at German steel.

14. raymondo

raymondo Banned

Some might say --- respect for the literature , music and science they ONCE produced .
    And the willingness to throw their flesh at German steel when Stalin was right behind them and threatened instant death if they even thought of doing otherwise .
    As for space exploration --- didn't their last effort end is disaster and humiliation ?
    I've visited their National Museum in Kaluga and it's a miracle anything ever got off the ground .I kid you not .

15. Potap

Potap Well-Known Member

There are many writers who write now. Prokhanov for example. I suspect he will become a classic. As to films I can agree. Now we make many films, but their quality is much worse than the Soviet's one. Though "Mosfilm" is considered the best film studio of Europe.

1. There are many gamble on the theme of war. But I'll repeat again, nobody uses statistics, including statistics of losses of both sides. When we speak about 27 millions victims we know the majority were civilians of occupied regions. Military losses more or less are identical from both sides.
    2.1700 cities and towns, about 70000 villages, 5 millions houses are completely destroyed. This costs to be avenged. If any swine will destroy my house I shall fight him with no weapons and neither Stalin nor Putin will be necessary to force me to do it.

16. raymondo

raymondo Banned

I cannot and would not argue with that .