Breivik declared insane

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Liebe, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Liebe

Liebe Banned

So the guy was nuts - not a nazi, a conservative, a this or a that - just a nutcase all of his own! Quit making him the nazi poster boy of the forum!

Anders Behring Breivik may avoid jail after psychiatrists declare him insane

Norwegian killer of 77 people 'lives in his own delusional universe', say prosecutors

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 29 November 2011 18.10 GMT

Anders Behring Breivik's prosecutors Svein Holden, right, and Inga Bejer Engh speaking about the his psychiatric evaluation at a news conference at Oslo police station. Photograph: Scanpix Norway/Reuters

Self-confessed mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik is unlikely to be sent to jail after psychiatrists declared him to have been insane and suffering from paranoid schizophrenia when he killed 77 people in Norway this summer.

Prosecutors said Breivik, a self-declared anti-immigration militant, believed he had staged what he called "the executions" out of his love for his people. "The conclusion ... is that he is insane," prosecutor Svein Holden told a news conference on Breivik's psychiatric evaluation. "He lives in his own delusional universe and his thoughts and acts are governed by this universe."

If the court accepts the psychiatrists' conclusions, Breivik would be held in a psychiatric institution rather than in a prison. Norwegian courts can challenge psychiatric evaluations or order new tests but rarely reject them. Breivik could be held as long as he poses a threat to society, but may be released if found to be healthy.

It is a controversial prospect in a country still struggling to come to terms with the events of 22 July, when Breivik killed 77 people by bombing central Oslo and then gunning down dozens of people, mostly teenagers, at a summer camp of the ruling Labour party's youth wing. "The most important thing for me is not to punish Breivik," 20-year-old Bjørn Ihler, a survivor of the shootings on Utøya island, told Reuters. "What matters to me is that he no longer poses a threat to society."

Others were less understanding. "I'm so angry I could weep," wrote one woman on the Facebook site of daily newspaper Aftenposten. "A man who can plan his misdeed in such detail and carry it out in cold blood is answerable for what he has done. If this is allowed to stand it will disgrace the name of Norwegian justice and be an insult to the names of his victims."

Breivik had developed paranoid schizophrenia and was psychotic at the time of the attacks, Holden said, adding that his condition was persisting. In their report the psychiatrists described many different forms of "bizarre delusions".

"They especially describe what they call Breivik's delusions where he sees himself as chosen to decide who shall live and who shall die, and that he is chosen to save what he calls his people," said Holden.

"Breivik has stated that he committed the murders, or executions as he calls them, because of his love for his people."

In a manifesto posted on the internet shortly before his killing spree, Breivik declared he wanted to protect Norway from what he said was the threat of Muslim immigration.

Breivik could legally be freed if declared healthy. "If he is not psychotic and does not pose a danger to society, then his sentence cannot be upheld," prosecutor Inga Bejer Engh told the news conference.

If the court accepts the psychiatric evaluation, Breivik would still be put on trial but could not be jailed. He could face court hearings every three years to determine if he needs to remain committed to a psychiatric institution, and could be held for life if he remained a threat.

Norway's penal system is based, perhaps more than in other countries, on the principal of rehabilitation rather than punishment. It does not have the death penalty and the maximum criminal sentence is 21 years.

During his 13 conversations with two mental health experts, which lasted about 36 hours, Breivik called himself the "most perfect knight" to live after the second world war.

Breivik also claimed that his organisation, which he calls the Knights Templar after the medieval religious order, will take over power in Europe and put himself forward as the future regent of Norway and the continent. "The experts also describe Breivik's intentions to conduct breeding projects with Norwegians and organise them in reserves," said Holden.

Breivik, who is currently being held in isolation in prison, was not aware of the conclusion of his psychiatric evaluation, prosecutors said.

Already the evaluation is being questioned in some quarters. Quoted on Norwegian state broadcaster NRK, Erling Johannes Husabo, a professor in criminal law, said the evaluation was highly unusual. "Their conclusion that he is insane is commonly reserved for persons with a more disturbed grasp of reality resulting in, for example, hallucinations," he said. "It must be a very peculiar type of psychosis he is suffering from, when he can execute his plans so diligently"
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/29/anders-behring-breivik-avoid-jail-insane?newsfeed=true

2. The Judge

The Judge New Member Past Donor

I'm not opposed to the observation that much of the political platform of the far-right extreme is based on insanity and I don't think that they should go to jail for having insane poltical views. Yet, once they allow their insanity to start killing people, then I doubt that their insane political platform is safe enough for them to be wandering around in our streets. Yet, overall, the insane label for the far-right extreme is fitting and perfectly applicable.

junobet and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Flag

Flag New Member

Of course he is insane, is far right.

4. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Of course they found him insane. You think they were going to find him guilty of white christian right wing extremism ? :mrgreen:

Paris and (deleted member) like this.
  5. xsited1

xsited1 New Member

Breivik could be held as long as he poses a threat to society, but may be released if found to be healthy.

Isn't that special. I know a way that will prevent him from ever posing a threat to society again, but I'm sure they'll never go for it.

6. zulu1

zulu1 Banned

What does that tell us about the Islamophobes on here who adhere to the Breivic philosophy to the letter?

7. Nosferax

Nosferax Banned

I don't know any who adhere to Breivic philosophy here... But I know quite a bunch of anti-semite, stormfront puppet who would do the same thing as Breivic did to the jews in Israel if they had the chance.

8. zulu1

zulu1 Banned

Lol...comedy gold.

9. The Judge

The Judge New Member Past Donor

That's exactly of how Breivic sees it too:

Norway attack suspect had anti-Muslim, pro-Israel views'
    http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=230762

Insane, is indeed a valid observation of such Breivic ideology:

Breivik lays out his worldview, which includes an extreme, bizarre and rambling screed of Islamophobia, far-right Zionism and venomous attacks on Marxism and multi-culturalism.

I'm glad that we've all fairly identified that far-right Zionism is insane.

10. Nosferax

Nosferax Banned

The story of your life...

11. Nosferax

Nosferax Banned

I bet you look spiffy in a shiny armor with a knight templar tabard...

12. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

Passing the rope down south is a far more pleasant occupation for the other insane, eh?

13. philxx

philxx New Member

Yes when the Petty Bourgoisie are cut loose from their moorings they go Insane in their Pathological Political Hatred of the Working Class.

That being said Breviks actions were Politically motivated with his actions directed at the Social Democratic Party of Norway and the Democratically elected Government!

This is a challenge to Democracy's existance,the "Insane "Verdict is to stop further investigation and cover-up of Police and government Connections to the "Lone Insane Gunman".

Put the Fascist Thing on trial expose the conections he had with the State,then take it to the Oslo town square and execute it!

Democracy should be giving Fascism a real clear message!

14. raymondo

raymondo Banned

Phil ,
    Have you reached the age where regular check ups are considered a sensible precaution ?
    I enjoy Rambling occasionally . But you are one .

15. raymondo

raymondo Banned

Incidentally , when I enter a sentence like that to see if the Search Engine can help me , what language would you suggest I use?

16. philxx

philxx New Member

Sorry about my Anti-Fascist ramblings,son!

Some of us older Humans have a direct relationship to the last great Fascist Killing called the Second World War!

All my Uncles my mother and an aunty fought and dreamed and did kill Fascist scum daily!

Whether of the Japanese or German Variety they did not care!

The object to that generation was to kill fascism and Defend Democracy!

But then Sacrifice isn't your generations Forte!

Sorry didum's all those things that Dad needs to get you well Capitialism says NO !

Now ,sonny you can learn of the Democray v\s Fascism WW2,if you open a Book and start to read!

For some of us it was a direct Living and dying experience thats approx 30 million dead!

Stop spitting on theirmemory Son!

Unlike what your university Professors teach you, the truth is we are History !Boy grow up son!

17. DutchClogCyborg

DutchClogCyborg New Member

I laughed, the number 1 defense mechanism of Islamic Jihadists is used by some white power idiot.

18. Liebe

Liebe Banned

Directly on cue - an insane schozophrenic man is used as a poster boy to slur people of a political persuasion.

The man is schizo. End of story.

19. Leffe

Leffe New Member

This is an indirect relationship. Your unkles, mother and aunty all had direct relationshipss, but you unfortunately have not; it's second hand.

20. Leffe

Leffe New Member

Even the prosecution aren't complaining, they're happy so long as he never sees the light of day again. The same is relayed by the families of the victims.

The attitude seems in line with the post-event attitude of the Norwegians, which was not to run around in a fit of hysteria, but to be thoughful and counteract the events with "love".

So long as he never gets released, it seems like a good result for the country.

21. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Homer duh

We have the chance every single day all over the world to kill Jews so how come we are not seeing that ? :omg:

We dont have to live in Israel to be able to kill Jews :mrgreen:

22. robertm

robertm New Member

Now I could kill many people then afterwards tell them I'm an insane schizophrenic.

23. philxx

philxx New Member

Yeah I can't understand how a Psychotic episode can last for weeks They only last very briefly and why wasn't the Mental Illness seen earlier ?

And the slander against people with Scizophrenia is outrageous!

He carried out a calculated Political Act and was't Insane !

Hitler wasn't mad just a Extreme Capitialist Politican!

Brevik should be put on trial found guilty and shot!

Mentally Ill he is not .its the old call your fascist embarassments, call them Mad and lock them away to use them later. trick!

Gee Hitler spent sometime in Jail after the Putch of 1923!

Not that Brevik leads a political Movement but NAZI none the less!

Give it a fair trial and then Public Execution!

24. philxx

philxx New Member

Yeah not to bright same as many here that Confuse Social Democracy with Marxism!

Wanting to kill the concious head of the Global Proletariet is a definition scientific of Fascism Hitler type!
    Hitler had a Pathological Hatred for Marxists in fact it was central to his Anti-Communist Ideology!

25. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

[​IMG]

The Unabomber- Al Gore's green philosophy's biggest fan and Left-wing terror bomber.

_