Gingrich on Paul Ryan Plan: Plan Is "Right-Wing Social Engineering"!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by celica, Nov 30, 2011.

1. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

Here is Newt Gingrich on Paul Ryan plan: "Right Wing Social Engineering"!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsHw92j9P0Q"]Gingrich: GOP Budget Plan Is "Right-Wing Social Engineering" - YouTube[/ame]

Here he is A FEW DAY LATER: any ad that quote what said is a falsehood!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXmrOt9LVm8"]Newt Gingrich: "Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood." - YouTube[/ame]

The man has no core; this creep had an idea of his own which was "Paul Ryan plan to change the medicare as we know is right wing social engineering".
    Facing right wing outrage which suppresses individual thoughts and crushes personal opinion, he was forced to flip-flop in a matter of days and embrace Ryan's plan.
    I love this quote: Gingrich: "Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood!!!" translation: "I am a degenerate liar and if you quote me you are one too"!
    fking priceless.

2. celica

Doesn't it bother you conservatives that Gingrich thinks Ryan's plan is social engineering?
    Doesn't it bother you that he gets bullied by right wing noise machine and changes his mind?

Republucan party is full of wusses like Gingrich; no original thought, no personal opinion, just puppets of Norquist.

3. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

So which other Republican are you for over Gingrich in the primaries? :twisted:

Are you against "Social Engineering"?

4. celica

I am not for any of them. They are all bunch of submissive morons who are too afraid to express their opinion. Party of "personal responsibility" is too intimidated by Norquist to have a personal standing on any issue.

"Any ad which quotes what I said Sunday is a falsehood!!!" lmao, what a pathetic bum.

5. TheLastBoyScout

TheLastBoyScout New Member

The partisans on the right who recoiled & rejected Newt for saying that are now embracing him now that he's the only Anti-Romney left standing.

The primary electorate for 2012 is voting purely against things.....they really don't have much of a standard regarding what people are for.......

That is why Gingrich will be the nominee....and also why he'll lose.

6. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

And Gingrich's wonderful quote when he made penance with Ryan and the baggers:

Only Gingrich could come up with such dishonest rigmarole

7. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Having Obama in the White House covers up a lot of blemishes on Newt.

Why don't you remind us of his recent statements on illegal aliens which infuriate many conservatives like me?

It won't prevent Newt from stomping Obama's ass next November but it might make the Obama fanatics feel better.

8. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Gingrich believes that Ryan's plan as a whole is too big of a step to take all at once. He likes parts of it, but believes the nation needs to be behind any big plan like this and the we're not quite there yet. He doesn't want to make the mistake Oblama made with the healthcare law.

People reacted strongly at first, because they were in love with Paul Ryan at the time, but in hindsight Gingrich had a point. Conservatives have come around to his way of thinking. Ryan's plan is good, but hasn't been completely sold yet to the public. Therefore Newt wants to break it down into pieces so it's more comprehensive to the voters.

And he admitted that the way he worded it made it sound like he was calling Ryan's plan social engineering. He didn't mean to imply that, and I believe him.

9. TheLastBoyScout

That was almost a convincing rationalization......but you missed a few spots....

[​IMG]

10. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Frankly it sounds like you guys are scared to death of Newt. You know Obama is not smart on his feet, and therefore are regretting that you took out Cain so soon. Now you may be stuck with him.

This is such a minor issue anyway and very old. Newt has reached out to many conservatives since then, and explained this to their satisfaction. Now we're back on the Newt train. He was very popular before that gaff, you know, so in some ways, we're getting our first choice back.

But I'm sure you guys will keep trying to talk of out of him. After all, he polls the best against Obama.

11. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

no....convincing righties that Obamas the antichrist covers up blemishes for all the GOP candidates to the GOP primary voters, and to the base (maybe) in the general election.

but it doesnt work on people who dont get their news from talk radio and blogs.

12. texmaster

texmaster Banned

Not all of us. You should really think about refraining from lazy general statements without factual backing.

13. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Your deep concern for our choice of presidential candidate is duly noted.

I never knew libs cared so much who we picked to represent Republicans.

It's really sort of touching.

14. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

I love the man. It'll be like running against Jabba the Hutt. He has the highest level of odiousness among the GOP freakshow candidates.

15. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that Newt is actually one of their better candidates....

Romney will probably win out in the end, but his odds against Obama aren't particularly good.

16. TheLastBoyScout

If you were with Newt from the beginning, congratulations. Those bragging rights will mean so much among your buddies after Gingrich joins the ranks of the Al Gores, John Kerrys, and John McCains of the world in 2012.

4 months ago, Gingrich was at 4.7% among the Republican candidates. He has gained only because others have failed. He is your nominee by default. He may have been your first choice, but among most Republicans, he was not at all.

17. Calminian

Calminian New Member

You really need to apologize to the anti-christ for that comment.

18. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Then why campaign against him so hard?

19. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Why only cite 4 months ago? The entire GOP electorate was with him in the beginning. Where was he before the 4.7? How does that work into your theory?

20. TheLastBoyScout

Oh the beginning? When the Republican field consisted of Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, and Mitt Romney......and he was at a huge 13% ?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

The graph pretty much spells it out. Gingrich faded from 13% to around 4% when other candidates declared and other choices became available. One by one, the more exciting choices have crashed and burned.

Newt is the last Anti-Romney left. So now people are getting behind him. What choice do they have?

21. Calminian

Calminian New Member

13% in a primary with many options ain't too shabby. but he was well regarded by all. This was well known. And I still don't get your point as to why we should be bothered about this, that he's only been winning until recently. I mean your candidate Obama also came from behind.

Can you explain the difference?

.................. still waiting.

22. TheLastBoyScout

Obama was largely unknown to the electorate and slowly gained support in a consistent, arched trajectory and overtook Hillary who was well known.

Newt was well known to the electorate and went from 13% among 3 other candidates (which is awesome by your apparent standard) to 4% among 6 other candidates. Then he rose dramatically when all candidates beside Romney became unelectable.

Yep. I see the difference.

23. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

I guess you're flip-flopping now Connie?

Didn't you blame the GOP for stopping the new stimulus and budget plans as well as the Super Committee? How could they stop such measures if they're all submissive morons?

24. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Actually Obama barely crawled across the finish line fading fast as Hilary was gaining on him, and now most dems have buyers remorse. They're desperate for a new candidate, but that's what you get. In fact, Obama didn't pass Hilary until mid way through the primaries after Edwards was forced to drop out. Gingrich is taking the lead before a single primary. That's pretty impressive.

And actually early polling included undeclared candidates as it always does. Newt was doing just fine and still is. And Newt has slowly passed Romney, who is very well known. Gingrich hasn't been in politics for a long time, and is relatively an unknown. That's another plus you ignored.

And it now appears that Gingrich is the most electable of all the candidates according to Rassumussen. That's got you guys panicking.

So it seems you're reluctantly admitting Gingrich is in a better place that Obama was at this time. Would I be right?

25. TheLastBoyScout

Yeah, I'm panicking. No actually I would have liked to see a candidate come out of the Republican primary that I could support.

The candidates I would support were never players.....Ron Paul and Huntsman.......they got ignored and dismissed. I'm not going to vote for Gingrich or Romney just because they're the alternative to Obama. I can't bring myself to get behind either of those candidates.