Senate Approves Bill that Legalizes Sodomy and Bestiality in U.S. Military

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GiveUsLibertyin2012, Dec 2, 2011.

1. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

Are they serious?Is this what we are paying these (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s for?

Senate Approves Bill that Legalizes Sodomy and Bestiality in U.S. Military
    By Pete Winn
    December 1, 2011
    Subscribe to Pete Winn's posts

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/senate-approves-bill-legalizes-sodomy-and-bestiality-us-military

(CNSNews.com) – (Updated) The Senate on Thursday evening voted 93-7 to approve a defense authorization bill that includes a provision which not only repeals the military law on sodomy, it also repeals the military ban on sex with animals--or bestiality.

On Nov. 15, the Senate Armed Services Committee had unanimously approved S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes a provision to repeal Article 125 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

Article 125 of the UCMJ makes it illegal to engage in both sodomy with humans and sex with animals.

It states: "(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense. (b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said the effort to remove sodomy from military law stems from liberal Senate Democrats' and President Obama’s support for removing the military’s Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy.

“It’s all about using the military to advance this administration’s radical social agenda,” Perkins told CNSNews.com. “Not only did they overturn Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, but they had another problem, and that is, under military law sodomy is illegal, just as adultery is illegal, so they had to remove that prohibition against sodomy.”

Perkins said removing the bestiality provision may have been intentional--or just “collateral damage”

“Well, whether it was inadvertent or not, they have also taken out the provision against bestiality,” he said. “So now, under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), there’s nothing there to prosecute bestiality."

Former Army Col. Bob Maginnis said some military lawyers have indicated that bestiality may be prosecutable under another section of the military code of justice – the “catch-all” Article 134 for offenses against “good military order and discipline.”

But don't count on that, he said.

“If we have a soldier who engages in sodomy with an animal – whether a government animal or a non-government animal – is it, in fact, a chargeable offense under the Uniform Code? I think that’s in question,” Maginnis told CNSNews.com.

“When the reader stops laughing, the reader needs to ask the question whether or not this is in the best interests of the government, in the best interests of the military and the best interests of the country? I think not.”

He added: “Soldiers, unfortunately, like it or not, have engaged in this type of behavior in the past. Will they in the future, if they remove this statute? I don’t know.”

Perkins said there was no attempt to remove the UCMJ repeal provision from the bill, which Perkins had expected the Senate to approve.

Now that it has passed, however, the Senate version will have to go to a conference committee, and Perkins predicts there will be several sticking points with the House.

“The House in their version of the defense authorization, reinforced the Defense of Marriage Act, saying that there is a military DOMA as well, prohibiting same-sex marriage on military bases – something the Department of Defense is pushing for,” he said.

“And now this is an added concern, that sodomy has been removed, and as we have discovered, that bestiality--the prohibition against it--has been removed from the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So yes, the House will have problems with this bill.”

2. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good for them.

3. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Are you (*)(*)(*)(*)ing (*)(*)(*)(*)ting me??? So now sodomy and bestiality are normal huh???
    We're doomed!!!

4. Rapunzel

Do you like and engage in sodomy and bestiality?? That's the only reason I could guess someone would be in favor of this move.

5. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

Well, it really is a non-issue. If you are caught in bestiality in the military, you are still subject to local laws and can be handed over for whatever the local crime you committed. Sodomy doesn't fall under any local laws so there is no point for that article anyways. That was always just a "tack on" offense anyways. No one was ever JUST charged under that one. Usually it was just something to make the punishment more harsh.

6. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Only a liberal could support something like bestiality. Pedophilia is next. Just watch.

7. Wildjoker5

Anything that isn't "missionary" was considered sodomy. As far as bestiality, it was just part of the article that barely was ever used in the military for charges. Again, if found on base to be committing bestiality, you can still be charged several different ways or even handed over to local authorities for civilian trials.

8. Rapunzel

I'm waiting for toddwv to answer my questions.

9. Wildjoker5

No, this is the social conservative straw man argument. Sodomy was the only part of that article that was ever used, and usually it was used in rape cases to harshen the punishments.

10. Rapunzel

Trust me, if the leftist losers and their agenda are in charge, every perversion will be accepted as quote "normal"

11. Wildjoker5

This is your straw man argument, and why I can't stand with what the TEA party has become under Bachmann.

12. CarlB

CarlB New Member

Then they are definitely doing the right thing, that is just stupid.

13. Rapunzel

Oh yeah, why??? Because we tell the truth without sugar coating it??? So tell me is the military legalizing sodomy and bestiality or not?

It's a yes or no answer.

14. Wildjoker5

Yes to sodomy, no to bestiality. Again, there are many other ways to be punished if found to be committing bestiality.

Without the ban on gays in the military, there is no need for article 125.

15. Rapunzel

Right so sodomy is now considered normal. Oh goody strike one for the good guys, bestiality can still be punished....whooping (*)(*)(*)(*)ing do!!!!

16. Montoya

Montoya Banned

With a woman whos into it, sodomy is better than normal sex!

17. Rapunzel

Guess you would know. Thanks for sharing.

18. Montoya

Montoya Banned

I sure do! Some woman love it! See under your repressive archaic conservative law I should be thrown in jail. I will continue to engage in sodomy with those woman who want it. How do you like that?

19. WatcherOfTheGate

WatcherOfTheGate New Member

I try to get sodomized at every available opportunity.

20. Rapunzel

You two ought to hook up.

mikezila and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Montoya

Montoya Banned

If the poster is female I would absolutely oblige.

Wildjoker5 and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Wildjoker5

Heterosexual men could have been charged for article 125 for having sex with their wife in any other position than missionary. If that is all you got for a position, I guess you would not understand that.

If bestiality punishment is stil "whooping (*)(*)(*)(*)ing do", then why do you keep bringing it up to put it in there for a justification to keep sodomy? That is why it is your "straw man".

23. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

For everyone complaining about acts of nature; why was the abomination of hypocrisy never criminalized?

In my opinion, the abomination of hypocrisy should be considered worse than any drug addiction known to Man.

I guess it must not mean that much to persons of only alleged morals.

24. Serlak2007

Serlak2007 Well-Known Member

I would better have them (*)(*)(*)(*) each other and animals than holding american citizens indefinitely without any protection from law....

25. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Those poor terrorists.